TBL Preseason Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by _MG_, Mar 16, 2011.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Take no offense boys, just trying to bring some content! It is only spring so I am sure there will be some surprises once the season actually begins!

1. [​IMG]

Rockies have been hot this spring. Ubaldo looks to be in mid-season form and Todd Helton has been slugging. This team is going to surprise a lot of teams this year and win a LOT of games.

2. [​IMG]

The pitching has been unbelievable, but the bats are looking a little cold this spring. Take no mind to the low team batting average, with some more games they should come around and this team will be a force in a stacked NL East.

3. [​IMG]

The Reds offense has been swinging the bat this spring. Joey Votto seems poised for another NL MVP and the rest of the offense looks great as well. The young pitching is a question mark, but there is a ton of talent on this team and they should be at or close to the top of the NL Central all season.

4. [​IMG]

The Cubs have looked good this spring. They have won a lot of close games with clutch hitting, and Carlos Zambrano-Matt Garza-Ryan Dempster looks to be a formidable top end of a solid rotation. Aramis Ramirez looks like he will bounce back from last year. One big surprise is how bad Starlin Castro has hit. He will need to come around if the Cubs have a shot to beat the Reds.

5. [​IMG]

The Angels seem to be an afterthought in the AL West, but after a strong spring they are back into the playoff picture. They have an experienced manager in Scikotic and they are going to be a very solid ballclub in the upper echelon of the TBL.

6. [​IMG]

Another team that will rely on an experienced manager to help the young guys on the team on track, the Nationals are pleasantly surprised by the ridiculously quick rehabilitation of Star Stephen Strasburg, and once the season rolls around expect him at the top of the rotation. The rest of the bunch will get the innings needed this spring to be ready for Opening Day. Also, don't be surprised if Bryce Harper is somewhere in the lineup come April.

7. [​IMG]

Team is absolutely stacked. There is really no hole in this roster besides Catcher, and with a Vet like Jason Varitek back there I don't think Boston has anything to worry about. This season it is all about using the talent to its fullest potential. If they do that, they will be playing in the ALCS or World Series in October.

8. [​IMG]

The Braves have a great team this year. The rotation and especially the bullpen is solid. All they need is some production from young phenom Jason Heyward, newly acquired Dan Uggla and Brian McCann. We will also get to see how much Chipper Jones has left in the tank. Should be a fun year for Braves fans, they will compete.

9. [​IMG]

The World Champs look to repeat with pretty much the same team as last year. Miguel Tejada is the only new piece that will make a significant difference. The pitching is among the best in the league, and they will be tough to beat if they scratch into the playoffs. The challenge is getting enough offense out of this roster to make the playoffs. I think they can do it.

10. [​IMG]

One of the most improved teams in the league, this Brewers squad added pitching to their plethora of offense with Zach Grienke and Shaun Marcum. The problem is their offense is pretty swing-happy. If they are discipline at the plate and take what is given to them, they should be a really tough out in the NL Central.

11. [​IMG]

A lot like the Brewers, the AL Champions come into this year with an extremely talented offense that now includes Adrian Beltre. They need to be patient at the plate and use the talent they have to score runs. If they can get rolling on offense, this team could easily take the West.

12. [​IMG]

The Tigers have a great team this year, and in my opinion are the favorite to win the AL Central this year. The rotation after Verlander is a question mark, but the bullpen is solid and the offense can swing the bat with some of the best. Look for Austin Jackson to have a big year, and if Porcello can throw the ball with some consistency these guys should be in the playoffs.

13. [​IMG]

Pitching needs to prove itself, but the offense is obviously talented. Bullpen is good, they just need CC and AJ to have solid years. Phil Hughes is a darkhorse to be the Yankees #1 starter out of spring.

14.[​IMG]

Ridiculously talented, these guys would be #1 if I knew what the manager is capable of. I wasn't shown much in their spring training tournament loss to Boston, but you cannot base a team off of one game. I expect them to be in the top 10 next time the power rankings come around during the regular season.

15. [​IMG]

I hate to say it, but the White Sox could be very good this year. If Jake Peavy returns to dominant form, that rotation is one of the best in the AL and with the signing of Adam Dunn the offense shouldn't miss a beat.

16. [​IMG]

Marlins are a HUGE sleeper here. They have an ACE in Josh Johnson and a legit Star in Hanley Ramirez. How the rest of the young guys play will determine if the Florida Marlins franchise can have another miracle run into the playoffs. Jam should have these guys rolling.

17. [​IMG]

The talent is all there. They just need to avoid injuries, as their top 2 starters while GREAT are very injury prone. Albert Pujols should have a monster season in his contract year. I am interested in seeing how some of the new pieces (Ryan Theriot and Lance Berkman specifically) fit on the Cards. I might have them lower than they deserve, this team is well balanced and ready.

18. [​IMG]

Many expect the Twins to have a down year this season with the White Sox and Tigers taking over the AL Central. While I could see that happening, Manager Chunkness is motivated and confident. Just this spring the Twins seem to have improved in all areas, so I look for that to continue. Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau are still a VERY dangerous 1-2 punch.

19. [​IMG]

These guys were my pick to win the AL West before spring began. Then they go out and strike out 24 times against the Rockies in their first Spring Training tournament game. The pitching is here, they need a BIG year from someone on offense (Matsui perhaps) to make some noise. They could still do it, but as of right now I will reserve my optimism until I see it.

20. [​IMG]

The Dodgers have a good team with a great young rotation and a solid bullpen. Clayton Kershaw and Chad Billingsly are both filthy. Again, this is another one of those teams that in order to win will have to squeeze out as much offense as possible out of a lineup that is kind of missing a legitimate superstar hitter. Matt Kemp specifically will have to lead this team with his bat. I don't know why, but I just have a bad feeling about LA in the NL West against the Rockies and Giants. Prove me wrong! If anything, I have the Dodgers down here to give them the added motivation they will need to upend the Rockies and the World Champion Giants. PROVE ME WRONG DODGERS! GOOD LUCK!

There you have it. Comments are welcome, again this is nothing more than a speculative type deal. I tried to put teams who won a game in the spring tourney above teams who did not.

What do you guys think!?!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

Nicely done.

No offense taken.

Nice to know which guys have some time on their hands! ;)

3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:

I would hope you wouldn't take offense from being #3 out of 20. ;)

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I think Im awfully high on that list. Last year I would have been scratching my head to be below #3, but this year I can't see how I'm even in the top 10. My hitting sucks, and my pitching has suffered significantly lately. I all of a sudden can't hit my locations. My pitchers are getting blasted.

Great work though MG. I love to see content like this.

5. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Very nice work. As you stated above it's gonna be hard for the Giants to win if I do not figure out how to hit and soon!

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great Job MG, I am with Sciko. I am toooooo high. I always start off hot and then when everyone adjusts I get blasted!

7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

GREAT READ, KEEP IT UP (y)

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm usually the other way around. However, given how I am struggling to adjust this year, I just don't see myself being an top-tier player. Time will tell....

9. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I am definitely way too high on this list. I'm average at best in this years game

10. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    last I checked your online record was like 11-1. Stop being so modest.

Emmdot you were like 10-0 before I beat you and that game was extremely super close. And Scikotic has 4 perfect games lol

But you guys are right, this was just for fun until the actual season starts shaping up. Right now no one really knows who is the front runner!

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm about right

12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

4 no hitters, not perfect games. ;)

That was in the past. Recently I can't control my pitching. It's pretty bad.

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'll take 6th for now haha..

great content!

14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Rankings are wrong. I'm #1.

Boo-ya.

15. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Cards are gonna have to earn their respect ;)

16. Pacalon

Pacalon Walk On

haha. I'm fine being second to last. Gives me nowhere to aim but up.

And I struck out 24 times due to amazing lag on my end, and it being my first online game.. bad combo! Emdot was cool about it though, and deserved the win regardless. Looks like he's gonna take it all...

17. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

16th is actually higher than I thought I'd be...I hoped no one else would notice how beast I'm gonna be this season :p

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I thought I'd be dead last lol

19. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Great writeup. I'll take the last place in the power rankings. :)

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

now that we have all our spots locked down, maybe some tweaks may be in order to this?

21. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

moved to correct section