TCBL 12 Plans

Discussion in 'The Sandlot - The Show '15 OL' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alright gentlemen, its time to start chatter about our plans for TCBL with MLB12 the Show. After a first successful release of TCBL with MLB 11, we will continue to strive to make TCBL a TRUE GM and Online Franchise experience. Barring the lack of implementation of an Online Franchise similar to the setup of NBA2K's Online Association, we will be using MLB 12 The Show in conjunction with the very popular text-sim OOTP 12. Now if you have never heard of OOTP or played it I suggest reading more about it here and trying out the demo. The following sections will elaborate on how we will integrate MLB12 with OOTP12 for TCBL.

Intro
    OOTP has a very in depth GM experience with full MLB organizations and minor league farm systems. By engaging with OOTP you can expect to live and conduct your organization exactly like the real life counterpart. We will not require anyone to purchase OOTP 12 ($19.99) but will have a few of the commissioners who will have access to the ongoing TCBL file to make necessary changes, adjustments, and etc. for user teams. CPU teams will be handled by the OOTP AI with the changes being reflected to the Show Online League.

[​IMG]

How Will it Work?
    Each owner will have full control of their MLB organization as the GM. This means they will have control over managers, scouting, waivers, contracts, free agency, rookie draft, and etc. OOTP supports an email function that will email owners, even if they do not have OOTP, with news regarding contracts, waivers, team news, and etc. Owners will have the opportunity to make changes by requesting them to the commissioners who have copies of OOTP. As we go through the TCBL spring training, season, draft, all star game, playoffs, and offseason we will be simulating OOTP in conjunction.

[​IMG]

Minor Leagues & Farm System
    The minor leagues and farm systems for every organization will be handled through OOTP (except the active 40 man roster). After every spring training, GM's will Promote, demote, send, and call players to the necessary teams. This is very important as those selected to be on the 40 man roster will be the only players able to participate in MLB play on the PS3 console. Player movement from AAA to MLB must be done on OOTP first and then mirrored on the console. Releasing players from the active roster will result in designation for assignment, placing a player on waivers, or releasing a player with financial compensation.

After the start of the season all Double A, Single A long, Single A Short, and Rookie league teams will be managed on OOTP. As players progress through the organization they can be placed on the 40 man active roster, and will be created for the console.

[​IMG]

Progression
    Progression will be handled two different ways. For MLB players we will calculate progression the same as last year but AAA, AA, A, SA, and Rookie progression will all be handled through OOTP. As players progress from year to year, they only time we will need to convert OOTP ratings to MLB the Show ratings will be when a GM decides to call up/promote a player from a minor league team and to the 40 man active roster. The conversion will go as follows:

OOTP Ratings Scale: 1-20
    MLB The Show: 1-100
    *1 point on OOPT = 5 points The Show

OOTP Potential Scale: :1stars:to :5stars:
    MLB The Show Potential Scale: F to A
    *A = :5stars: B = :4stars:C = :3stars:D = :2stars:F = :1stars:

[​IMG]

Player Contracts, Wavers & Trades
    Player contracts and trades will be handled on OOTP and executed on the console for MLB teams. OOTP will notify via mail all GM's when players are ready to negotiate contract extension as well as players up for free agency. GM's will need to make request to the commissioners to make necessary actions to be reflected on the OOTP master file. CPu teams will often send trades to user teams throughout the season. GM's will have the decision to accept or reject, as well as offer and execute trades through OOTP. Some trades may contain any level of player in an organization. Those that do well be executed on the console as well. Players go on waivers often when they are designated for assignment. Anytime a user GM designates a player for assignment and who is out of options, will need to clear waivers. Waivers lists will be generated daily and sent via email to GM's. If a GM would like to place a claim on a waived player they must contact a commissioner to push through the claim on OOTP.

[​IMG]

Rookie Draft
    The Rookie draft will be held through OOTP. Drafted players will have until August 15th to sign a contract and be assigned to a specific team. From there they will most likely join a rookie league or single A short season team in the organization.

[​IMG]

Free Agency
    Free agency negotiations will be handled through OOTP. GM's and CPU teams can negotiate any time and will be assigned to the desired teams. Free Agents to be placed on the active roster must be signed through ootp with the mirrored change on the console.

Let me know if you have questions, suggestions, or if I missed anything!

-Frisk

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Emmdotfrisk

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

wow, I'm impressed. Ive always heard about OOTP but never tried it. I am a stat nerd and one of the things I love about baseball is the history and stats.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I'm so ready for this

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Jesus... I need to look over this a couple of times.

Sounds great Emmdotfrisk!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Emmdotfrisk

Me and bob have been talking about it for awhile now. The month of March will be full of testing to make sure we have all the basis covered but there is still more to iron out.

8. Emmdotfrisk

me too man, me too

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Wow....this looks FACKING amazing...but I don't know if I'll be able to do this...

10. Emmdotfrisk

damn that sucks, tell kirstin to loosen tha chang

• Like Like x 1
  11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Impressive, nice work. For me, the games just take too long to vest season long interest at the default play speed (cut scenes and all). I wish there was a way to condense this in some fashion, like how Madden has instituted the accelerated playclock.

12. Emmdotfrisk

The show has "fast play." It skips in between pitches and presentation but it depends on the user. User games usually take 30 mins while cpu prob about 45

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Yeah, there are 3 settings. The middle is best, speeds up the game and doesn't detract from the beauty of the game (which is the cutscenes and certain replays). Still a bit long for me with the middle setting.

Guess I'm just never satisfied, wants the full depth and beauty of the game all in 45-60 minutes.

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I have wood..

15. Emmdotfrisk

like a tree in this bitch

16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    lmfao..

17. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I hate fast play...it feels TOO rushed IMO.

18. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

agreed. 1 of the best things about the show is the presentation and the stadiums which you miss out on with fast play

• Like Like x 1
  19. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

This is the fist i hear about this, but Rob showed me and I'm impressed!:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I have to say OOTP is alot more in depth then I could have ever imagined. Alot to learn to say the least. Seems like it will take alot of time to run something like this if everyone didnt have OOTP and was deending on someone else to do their work for them. I am sure frisk has a plan tho, interested to see what he has up his sleeve with this lol.

21. controllerabuser

Keep it in your pants... Sheesh :rolleyes:

22. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

23. controllerabuser

[​IMG]

24. Emmdotfrisk

I agree, I don't like fast play as much either but the games go relatively fast in TCBL, even the CPU ones but of course it depends on your opponent.

• Like Like x 2
  25. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Hmmm this is interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.