TCBL: Q&A

Discussion in 'The Sandlot - The Show '15 OL' started by cadepetty247, Feb 29, 2012.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Will there be a repeat?
    Since we all have picked our teams I thought a little Q&A would be good!!​
    1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release?
    2. Team:
    3. Faces of your Franchise:
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why?
    5. Who's your Top Prospects?
    6. What one player is your Future Star?
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition?
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL?
    9.. What are your biggest needs?
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1?
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential?
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs?
    13. AL/NL Champs?
    14. MVP?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

3. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? Not only will I not get it at midnight, I have to work 48 hours str8 Mar 6 and 7. FML
    2. Team: Tampa Bay Rays
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Evan Longoria, David Price,
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? Matt Moore, most electrifying pitcher to come along in a long while, Cy Young talent
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? Hak-Ju Lee SS, love the name and Taylor Geurrieri RHP
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Matt Moore
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? Two solid RP in trades Badenhop and Lueke
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? My division mates. CadePetty and GTG, Blue Jays will be tough
    9.. What are your biggest needs? Always could use bullpen help, SS then C
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? B.J. Upton, possibly, contract up after this year I think
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? Playoff Potential
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Rangers
    13. AL/NL Champs? Rangers, Marlins
    14. MVP? Matt Kemp

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

[​IMG]
    1. First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release?: I will try for midnight if possible.
    2. Team: Blue Jays
    3. Faces of your Franchise: RF Jose Bautista, CP Francisco Cordero, SP Ricky Romero
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why?: Jose Bautista. He is one of the best offensive players in the game today.
    5. Who's your Top Prospects?: C Travis D'Arnaud - he was acquired in the Roy Halladay deal and should be a starter for years to come.
    6. What one player is your Future Star?: 3B Brett Lawrie is another guy to look at. He got called up last year and finished with an average of .293 with 9 HRs and 25 RBIs in 161 PA.
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition?: Francisco Cordero
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL?: Just the guys in my division..Cadepetty and the Orioles and Blackattack and those Rays.
    9.. What are your biggest needs?: I will see when I get to spring training. It appears that there is a need for younger arms in the pen though.
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1?: No comment.
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? Fringe playoff potential with room for improvement still.
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Giants
    13. AL/NL Champs? AL - Tigers NL - Giants
    14. MVP? Albert Pujols

• Like Like x 1
  5. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release?
    Midnight pick up for me (MST)
    2. Team:
    Colorado Rockies
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    He'd be Pike's Peak. Cargo and Tulo at home in Denver for a while!
    Mr. Tulowitzki, Shortstop is the most exciting position right? I'm looking for him to have great season after a dissapointing last season. Ok you signed your contract, time to return to 2010 form and get us a Division Title.
    I'm excited for Wilin Rosario to take over the Catcher position, The Rockies have been lacking an everyday catcher for a few seasons.
    Can't wait to see Drew Pomeranz on the hill too. Aquired in the Jiminez trade, havn't seen him yet but hear the kids a shining spot in our otherwise dreary rotation.
    I'll throw Jhoulys Chacin's name out there. If he can control his stuff.
    Michael Cuddyer from Twins
    Gotta go with Moon's Dodgers. Keepin it real.
    Pitching, Pitching and Pitching.
    Giambi's out, gonna have to get the game to know for sure. I think i have an outfielder to spare, don't quote me on that.
    Oh team wise, we're a player or two away from Rocktober, now if MY skills are up to taks is the question.
    Gonna go with the Texas Rangers
    13. AL/NL Champs?
    Texas/Atlanta
    14. MVP?
    Troy Tulowitzki

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? Up in the air, I have a few spots to check on
    2. Team: NY Mets
    3. Faces of your Franchise: David Wright and Ike Davis
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? I'm excited about having David Wright and Ike Davis back healthy. They will be the keys to the offense as we lost a ton of talent in the offseason with Reyes leaving town and losing Beltran last year at the trade deadline.

Zack Wheeler, the San Francisco Giants first-rounder in 2009, is the highly regarded prospect the Mets received from San Francisco in exchange for Carlos Beltran.
    In 2011, Wheeler made major strides, jumping from 58.2 innings pitched in 2010 to 115.0 innings pitched in 2011.
    Wheeler will continue to improve as he works his way up the minor leagues, and will soon become the ace of the Mets rotation—a position he can hopefully hold for many years to come.​
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Jenrry Mejia
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? Adding Frank Francisco and Jon Rauch to the backend of the bullpen
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? Its going to be a toss up between the Marlins and the Braves
    9.. What are your biggest needs? Without a doubt a SS and a top of the lineup leadoff guy which is where the void will be with the loss of Reyes.
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? We are in a rebuilding mode so if we can get talent for players like Jason Bay and Johan Santana. We wont give these guys away but we will certainly listen to offers
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? Rebuilding
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Texas Rangers, too much talent not to win it all
    13. AL/NL Champs? Rangers/Reds
    14. MVP? Joey Votto

• Like Like x 1
  7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]
    Upcoming 2B Jemile Weeks takes some ground balls to prepare for the Spring Training Opener on March 6th.

1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? I wish I could, but Shaun Mason is blue ballin' us ;) I traded in some games for a 50% excess in credit at Best Buy which is nice. I am contemplating getting the Vita and Show as well.
    2. Team: Oakland Athletics
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    A Dynamic Playmaker who will give the A's bats some firepower in the current speedy, defensive skilled lineup.
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? RHP Jarrod Parker, OF Michael Choice, RHP AJ Cole, RHP Sonny Gray, OF Yeonis Cespedes, SS/OF Grant Green
    6. What one player is your Future Star? OF Michael Choice, 2B Jemile Weeks
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? OF Yeonis Cespedes
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? Texas Rangers and San Francisco Giants
    9.. What are your biggest needs? Pure Power hitters. Currently our 4 man is Seth Smith or Daric Barton. We need some guys that we can count on to drive in runs on a consistent basis. The foundation is there, we just need to build on to it.
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? Young Talent for big name players if I am on a playoff push. If not, I look to retain my young team and continue to build for the future.
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? Rebuilding, Rebuilding, and still Rebuilding
    12. Predictions:
    AL East - Toronto
    AL Central - Detroit
    AL West - Rangers
    Wildcard - Cleveland
    NL East - Miami
    NL Central - St. Louis
    NL West - San Francisco
    Wildcard - Chicago
    AL Champs - Toronto
    NL Champs - Miami
    TCBL World Series Champs - Miami Marlins
    13. MVP - Miguel Cabrera

• Like Like x 4
  8. cp0990

cp0990 Walk On

Nope..and im going to try to get a midnight release for it
    2. Team: Kansas City Royals
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Eric Hosmer; Billy Butler;
    Eric Hosmer; This kid has star written all over him. Its not a matter of if, its when with this kid.
    Bubba Starling. This kid has my pet in the mlb draft this past yr. He has the potential to be a true 5 tool player. He had a standing scholarship to be the QB at Nebraska but chose baseball instead. He's raw but the ceiling is extremely high. Comparison- Josh Hamilton

Will Myers: Struggles in Double-A in 2011, compounded by a knee injury, dampened Myers' star a bit. His play in the Arizona Fall League, though, helped bring him back to the top of the young hitters list as the now 21-year-old regained his confidence at the plate. His plus bat speed should allow him to hit for average and power and he's an on-base machine. Last year was his first in the outfield and he should fit the mold of a right fielder when all is said and done. Even if he goes back to Double-A to start the year, he could be ready for Kansas City in a year's time.​
    Mike Montgonary: LHP- Very little seemed to go right for Montgomery in 2011. He had headed into the year at the front of an impressive group of pitching prospects in the Royals' system, with many thinking he'd be the first to reach Kansas City. The Triple-A Pacific Coast League handed him a healthy serving of humble pie as he struggled with his command for much of the season. His pure stuff is still as good as it ever was, with the potential to have three plus pitches to choose from, and he did stay healthy all season. He seemed to learn from his tough season and it could serve him well in 2012, when the 22-year-old should break through to the big leagues.​
    1) I maybe going to the well one to many times but again Hosmer is coming into only his 2nd season and 1st as a full season in the bigs. He will be a force at 1st for a long time - Comp: Joey Votto
    2) Mike "Moose" Moustakus: Moustakas killed the ball in double-A with a triple-slash line of .347/.413/.687 in 259 at-bats. His power was off the charts (.340 ISO), and he also showed good control of the strike zone while posting a strikeout rate of 16.2 K% – which is good for a young power hitter. He even had the highest walk rate of his young career at 8.7 BB%.Moustakas’ 36 home runs and 124 RBI over the course of the full season is eye popping. He will be at the hot corner.
    No major moves here..Looks like the former GM was counting on the young guns to step up.
    Probably Ryty. We seem to always be in the same division. Will be fun battling against the tribe. CA will also be a rival as he is in the AL central with the twins.
    Pitching,Pitching,Pitching. Keep it coming. I can never have enough. The phrase is Defense wins championships. Well if your opponent cant get on base thats the best defense you can find.
    Alex Gordon may be on the move for a TORP. He is a great talent that finally put it together last season. He is still very young but with OFs prospects Starling and Will Myers waiting in the wings he becomes expendable.
    We will make a push for the playoffs. We have been in rebuilding mode this last decade. Time for change
    I think we will make a playoff push but maybe not a WS run this yr.
    Soooo im going to go with the Rangers. They are stacked, complete balance.​
    13. AL/NL Champs?
    AL- Rangers
    NL- Braves
    14. MVP? AL-Josh Hamilton NL- Matt Kemp

• Like Like x 2
  9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Shit I wish. I get all excited like a kid at Christmas but Emmdotfrisk and @shaunmason basically make me feel like I am opening socks.
    2. Team: Texas Rangers
    [​IMG]
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler, Elvis Andrus, Micheal Young, and YU Darvish
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? I think Darvish tbh. He brings a handful of pitches, and I am just excited to see him in action.
    SS Jurickson Profar
    SP Martin Perez
    3B Mike Olt
    RHP Neil Ramirez
    RHP Cody Buckel
    CF Leonys Martin
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Yu Darvish
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? Reaccuring theme here...Darvish
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? Oakland As, Angels
    9.. What are your biggest needs? Always will need starting Pitching
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? HMMM..possibly Joe Nathan
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? PLAYOFFS..always
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Miami Marlins
    13. AL/NL Champs? Blue Jays and Marlins
    14. MVP? Knowing MG's luck it will be Alfonso Soriano, but only after he trades him.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Does Darvish throw a fastbal?!?!?!

11. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    1. First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? Not me. Tuesday afternoon/night.

2. Team: St. Louis Cardinals
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Matt Holliday, Chris Carpenter, Yadier Molina, Adam Wainwright, Lance Berkman, & David Freese.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? David Freese. With Pujols leaving for the Angels, a huge void has formed that needs to be filled. Fortunately, Freese exploded during the 2011 Playoffs. As a young player, Freese has the opportunity to build on that and become the face of the Cardinals for many years. Now he just needs to step up and do it.
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? SP Shelby Miller, SP Carlos Martinez, RF Oscar Taveras, 3B Zach Cox, SP Tyrell Jenkins, & 2B Kolten Wong.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Shelby Miller. The former 1st round draft pick has all the makings of an MLB Ace.
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? Carlos Beltran. I wish we could've picked him up 5-6 years ago, but after a disappointing stretch in New York, he looked to have rebounded last season and should be a solid addition for the Cards.
    [​IMG]
    8. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? MG and the Cubs, easily.
    hate.jpg
    9. What are your biggest needs? Youth and a new identity. The Cards have a very good roster without many holes but they're an aging team. It won't be too long before much of the roster is over the hill. Then with Pujols, La Russa, and potentially Dave Duncan all leaving, this is the beginning of a new era in St. Louis. It'll come together eventually, but the sooner the better.
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? No one is on the trade block at the moment.
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? The signing of Beltran shows that this team is not giving up on repeating despite the absence of Pujols. We intend to push for the playoffs while we still have the best team in the NL Central.
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Rangers.
    13. AL/NL Champs? Rangers/Marlins.
    14. MVP? Hanley Ramirez.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? I will have the game at Midnight for sure.
    2. Team: Anaheim Angles of Los Angeles / San Juan / San Jose - where-ever the hell they plays these days... :confused:
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Albert Pujols, Dan Haren, Jared Weaver
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? Big AL is pretty much the only reason I picked the Angels. I don't know much else about the team other than they have Albert and some solid pitching... Hopefully, I don't strike out 20 times a game :)
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? OF Mike Trout...
    6. What one player is your Future Star? OF Mike Trout... Its expected that Trout will take over for Tori Hunter after Hunter's deal expires after the 2012 Season... SS Jean Segura could be the future SS or 3B depending on how he developed... SP Garrett Richards looks like a future #2 starter and could see some time in the bigs this year as the Angles 5th starter or out of the bullpen...
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? Ummm, Albert Pujols? Arguably the best hitter in the game, should make things a little easier for me :)
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? I honestly have no idea... I'm sure Emmdotfrisk and the A's will give me trouble, and I'm sure BobJr and the Rangers will be tough to...
    9.. What are your biggest needs? I could use a little more power out of the 3B position and I'm not sure if I'm buying what Howie Kendrick is selling, so, I could be in the market for a 2nd Baseman eventually... Also, you can never have enough pitching, so, I'll be looking to get some good young arms...
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? I've already been contacted about some of my Top Prospects, however, since I don't plan on competing for a Championship any time, I don't think I'll be dealing any of them just yet... A few players that I think could land me a Top Flight Prospect would be Outfielder Tori Hunter... I think Hunter could be the missing piece for a team that is knocking on the door and even though he is Older, there is no doubt that he can bring it...Also, OF Vernon Wells makes a crap load of money, and from my understanding has never really lived up to the expectations... He could be gone in Year 1...
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? Well, on paper my team looks really solid and should be in the thick of things come playoff time... However, in my hands, I'm just looking to stay around .500 and compete in every game... We'll see though, In a perfect world I'm just hoping to hang around, and see if we can give them all a nice big shit burger to eat :D
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Indians - I don't know anyone in this league so, I really have no clue who the Top Dogs are... I'll take my hometown Tribe :D
    13. AL/NL Champs? Indians / Cubs - a world Series matchup that I've always wanted to see between my two favorite teams.
    14. MVP? Josh Hamilton... I'm sure he'll take me yard more than a few times in the coming years...

• Like Like x 2
  13. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]

1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? I will have the game the day it comes out, but not Midnight.
    2. Team: The Los Angeles Dodgers
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? I love Kershaw, he's a beast, looking forward to seeing if I can get him another Cy Young. He's young, has a cannon, has a great 12/6 breaking ball, the kid just has all the tools.
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? Pitchers, pitchers, pitchers... It's never a bad thing to have too many arms right? Zach Lee is a 19 year old with a lot of upside. I am not sure if this is the year he comes up, but if not this year for sure next year. Nathan Eovaldi is another young pitching prospect who made a debut briefly last season in the big show. He's had Tommy John in high school, but if he stays healthy, he's got a fastball in the mid 90s. Allen Webster is another potential right hand starter. He's got size at 6'3" and a great arm.
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Dee Gordon (I hope) He's athletic, he's got spunk, and boy can he fly around the bases. He's the son of former major league pitcher Tom "Flash" Gordon. He has an incredible vertical leaping ability and will be great at the top of the batting order. He has the ability to swipe 50 bags in a full season, and has a strong arm which makes him the shortstop of the dodgers future.
    [​IMG]
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? It's pretty sad when I can't think of someone in particular. This offseason the Dodgers were pretty quiet. Mark Ellis was probably the biggest acquisition of the offseason.
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? I don't know everyone here, so I can't really answer that, but I will say anytime I play another team from the NL West it's going to be intense.
    9.. What are your biggest needs? Left Fielder with power and depth in the starting rotation.
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? James Loney potentially, possibly Andre Ethier, we'll have to see how it goes.
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? I think we can make a run at the playoffs if players like Ethier and Loney can drive in runs and have bounce back years. The starting rotation will have to play better with the exception of Kershaw. I really need to see some big things from Chad Billingsley as he has under performed the past few years.
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Miami
    13. AL/NL Champs? AL Rangers NL Miami
    14. MVP? Albert Pujols

• Like Like x 1
  14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Will there be a repeat?
    Since we all have picked our teams I thought a little Q&A would be good!!​
    1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? will get release
    2. Team:[​IMG]
    3. Faces of your Franchise:[​IMG]
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? Heyward because one of the few i know
    1. Julio Teheran, rhp

2. Arodys Vizcaino, rhp
    3. Randall Delgado, rhp

4. Andrelton Simmons, ss
    5. Sean Gilmartin, lhp
    6. Edward Salcedo, ss/3b
    7. Tyler Pastornicky, ss

8. Zeke Spruill, rhp
    9. Christian Bethancourt, c
    10. Brandon Drury, 3b
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Kimble CP
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? not really sure never pay attention to braves
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? Marlins
    9.. What are your biggest needs? Ben Zobrist
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? Uggla, maybe a pitcher or 2
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? playoff i think
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Blue Jays
    13. AL/NL Champs? Blue Jays/Cubs
    14. MVP? Hosmer

• Like Like x 3
  15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? I will get it that day after work.
    2. Team: Sann Francisco Giants
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Buster Posey, Tim Lincecum, Pablo Sandova Brian Wilson
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? Buster Posey it will be fun to have him back on the diamond and leading this team.
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? Gary Brown OF, Eric Surkamp P, Francisco Peguero OF
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Brandon Belt
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? Melky Cabrera
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? Dodgers of course and the Battle of the Bay with Frisk will be fun as well.
    9.. What are your biggest needs? Offense, we need to support our pitching staff.
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? None I'm not into trading people just to trade. Matt Cain will possibly move depending on the season we are having only because he is in a contract year.
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? I believe we are in the hunt for a wild card.
    13. AL/NL Champs? Rangers and Reds
    14. MVP? Josh Hamilton

• Like Like x 1
  16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Haha. Yea. He has 7 pitches

17. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

[​IMG]
    1.First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? Hopefullay sooner than MIDNIGHT RELEASE
    2. Team: Baltimore Orioles
    3. Faces of your Franchise:Adam Jones, Matt Wieters, Nick Markakis
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? Has to be Matt Wieters. I'm going to build this team around him. He is in a contract year but dont expect him to leave Baltimore. We will lock Matt up! We may lose Adam Jones because of it!
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? Manny Machado- #6 prospect according to MLB.com Upside potential:An everyday, All-Star-caliber shortstop who fields his position well and hits in the middle of the lineup.
    Dylan Bundy- #10 prospect according to MLB.com Upside potential: A faster-than-you’d-think riser in the system, one who will top the Orioles rotation one day
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Manny Machado- Tulo type
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? LHP Wei-Yin Chen, and sadly Endy Chavez
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? has to be Tornoto and the Rays... but I will have a rival with the AL west guys. Emm and bob especially
    9.. What are your biggest needs? PITCHING, DH,..EVARYTHING!!!
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? no one really. IDK... depends im sure Ill trade someone in a contract year for prospects
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? REBUILDING
    13. AL/NL Champs? Rangers/Giants rematch
    14. MVP? Pujols or Bautista

• Like Like x 1
  18. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]
    2. Team: CHICAGO CUBS
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Starlin Castro and...uhmm...
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? Because I love the Cubs. No other real reason for excitement.
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? Brett Jackson, Trey McNutt
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Starlin Castro is only 22. He will blossom into one of the best players in baseball.
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? Theo Epstein. I think a real GM who will build the team the right way so that we can sustain long-term success through our farm system and smart spending is the best thing that could have ever happened to the Cubs.
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? Everyone in my division, including the CPU. I hate them all equally.
    9.. What are your biggest needs? I need pitching, pitching pitching. Oh...and hitting, hitting, hitting.
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? Alfonso Soriano and Matt Garza if I get the right deal in place.
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? Total rebuilding phase currently.
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? I am going with theeee...hmmm....San Francisco Giants.
    13. AL/NL Champs? Rangers/Giants
    14. MVP? Tim Lincecum

• Like Like x 2
  19. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Unfortunately not happening...
    2. Team:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The crankiest man in baseball, and the picture really says it all... As they say down here in TN, "bless his heart"... LOL... Jimmy Leyland is a gem.
    [​IMG]
    The most dominant pitcher in baseball... 2011 AL Cy Young and MVP winner, Justin Verlander...​
    [​IMG]
    "Swiggy" Cabrera as some of you know him based on his post season shenanigans last spring...​
    I'd say Miguel Cabrera. He's unheralded in my opinion for his ability to hit for average, but I'm close to going with Austin Jackson. He struggles offensively, but his speed makes him a fun one to play with in the field and on the base paths.
    1. Jacob Turner, rhp​
    2. Nick Castellanos, 3b​
    3. Drew Smyly, lhp​
    4. Casey Crosby, lhp​
    5. Andy Oliver, lhp​
    6. Brenny Paulino, rhp​
    7. Rob Brantly, c​
    8. Alex Burgos, lhp​
    9. James McCann, c​
    10. Avisail Garcia, of​
    Castellanos for sure... This kid, and I mean kid, has uncanny ability with the bat and will fill in over at 3B very soon once everyone realizes VMart's knees are done...​
    [​IMG]
    Without a question...​
    [​IMG]
    Will be fun having him batting behind Miggy in the order...​
    8. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL?
    I'm thinking it'll obviously be controllerabuser w/his Twinkies or ryty32 and the Injuns...
    9. What are your biggest needs?
    I don't personally have any glaring needs immediately other than filling in at 2B, and finding an OF'er of the future to sure up the defense maybe.​
    Victor Martinez​
    Delmon Young​
    I think Playoff Potential​
    I'll go out on a limb here, catching hell for it I'm sure, but if I recall based on last year's release, KnightNoles and the Cincy Reds​
    13. AL/NL Champs?
    AL Champs: BobJr and The Rangers​
    NL Champs: see above...​
    14. MVP?
    Nelson Cruz

• Like Like x 2
  20. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Based on last years release, noles didn't face the top competition of the TCBL. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  21. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Love for SWIGGY!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  22. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]
    1. First, Is anyone able to get this game before release or Who's picking it up at midnight release? No, but I will be getting it at midnight!
    2. Team: Minnesota Twins
    3. Faces of your Franchise: Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau
    4. What player are you most excited about having on your team? Why? Joe Mauer, just because he is an alumni of my HS! I was a freshman when he was a senior.
    5. Who's your Top Prospects? Miguel Sano 3B, Aaron Hicks OF, Eddie Rosario OF, Kyle Gibson SP and Joe Benson OF.
    6. What one player is your Future Star? Miguel Sano 3B
    7. Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition? Josh Willingham
    8.. Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL? Cleveland and Detroit
    9.. What are your biggest needs? Bullpen
    10. What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1? I don't know if I will be trading season 1
    11. Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential? Rebuilding
    13. AL/NL Champs? Rangers/Cubs
    14. MVP? Albert Pujols

23. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

No going after school to pick it up on march 6th
    2. Team:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Andrew Mccutchen
    [​IMG]
    Neil Walker
    [​IMG]
    Aj Burnett because he brings that well known pitcher that the pirates need.
    Top 5 prospects:
    Jameson Taillon SP
    [​IMG]
    Stetson Allie SP
    [​IMG]

Tony Sanchez C

[​IMG]
    Luis Heredia SP
    [​IMG]
    Starling Marte OF
    [​IMG]

Biggest future stare would have to be Jameson Taillon SP.
    AJ burnett and cant forget Nate McLouth.
    8.Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL?
    [​IMG]
    SS and RP
    I do not know if I will make a trade because of the youth the Pirates have.
    Almost there just need a couple more stars.
    I would have to say the rangers
    13. AL/NL Champs?
    AL Texas Rangers, NL Reds
    14. MVP?
    Prince Fielder

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]
    Shooting for Midnight (CT) Release

Faces of your Franchise:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Brandon Phillips, Joey Votto, Johnny Cueto, Jay Bruce

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Aroldis Chapman - Flame thrower and supposedly added more to his arsenal
    Brandon Phillips - one of if not the best 2nd baseman

Who's your Top Prospects? (Baseball America 100)
    #16 (C) Devin Mesoraco, Age: 23. ETA: 2012. The Punxsutawney, Pa., native expects to deliver at least six more years of slugging in Cincinnati.
    #48 (SS) Billy Hamilton, Age: 21. ETA: 2014. Posted the first 100-steal year in the minors in a decade; can he continue to do it at higher levels?
    #75 (SS) Zack Cozart, Age: 26. ETA: 2012. Big league ready for most of the last two years; just needs to stay healthy.
    What one player is your Future Star?
    Aroldis Chapman, Mesoraco or Cozart could be that Star

Your Teams Biggest Offseason Addition?
    (SP) Matt Latos
    (CP) Ryan Madsen
    (RP) Sean Marshall
    (OF) Ryan Ludwick - Platoon Partner to Chris Heisey

Who will be your biggest rival going into TCBL?
    Always the Cardinals HAL9100
    Looking like _MG_ and the Cubbies

What are your biggest needs?
    I don't think we need another superstar, we have a very solid team with how you look at it 3-5 good names. Maybe a dominant/power OF or an electric left side fielder. I wished Volquez was still on the team in his once dominant self.

What player(s) do you see your team trading in Season 1?
    Probably none, I like to keep a team as is in the first year then that year 2 I act like I take over the team.

Is your team rebuilding or Playoff Potential?
    I would say Playoff Potential, they were disappointing in '11 following an '10 playoff appearance

Season 1 World Series Champs?
    [​IMG] - Loaded

AL/NL Champs?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    MVP
    [​IMG]

25. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Nope. I will have it the morning of the 6th.
    2. Team:
    [​IMG]
    Position Players -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pitchers -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I loved using Asdrubal last year. A switch hitting shortstop with decent power, decent speed and great fielding instincts. He will be the rock at the top of my lineup.
    Francisco Lindor.
    Expect Lindor to be an Athletic by the end of the season. :)
    Besides Lindor, I think Lonnie Chisenhall has a chance....
    [​IMG]
    In late June '11, the Indians promoted Chisenhall and handed him the keys to the hot corner, hoping he will be driving for the next decade or so. Just 23 years of age, Chisenhall is expected to continue maturing. He is the type that will not excel at any one aspect of the game, but should be very good at just about everything, except perhaps drawing walks. His minor league contact rate wavered around 82.9 percent, so in time he should improve upon the 76.9 percent mark he displayed in his rookie season. Chisenhall does not have a lot of raw power, at least not yet, but he hits enough fly balls to tease hitting 20 now, which will probably be his baseline when he fully matures. (per ESPN)
    [​IMG]
    Nothing really sexy, but the Tribe did add a solid defensive 1st baseman in Casey Kotchman. With the Indians having a ground ball oriented pitching staff, Kotchman's fielding will be the best friend of Carmona...err...Hernandez, Lowe, Tomlin, Masterson and Ubaldo.
    The Twins owner -
    [​IMG]
    Simple - a right-handed bat not named Alfonso Soriano.
    Oh...and this guy to stay healthy for once.
    [​IMG]
    Lindor and Sizemore.
    I really think we have playoff potential. I really like my rotation and my bullpen. If we can score some runs, we can contend for a wildcard spot. (the Tigers are too damn good this season).
    12. Season 1 World Series Champs? Tigers
    13. AL/NL Champs? Tigers/Reds
    14. MVP?
    Prince.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1