Archived TCBL Spring Training Information

Discussion in 'The Sandlot - The Show '15 OL' started by Emmdotfrisk, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

TCBLbannerplain.png

Hey guys,

Now that we all have our Owners and Teams, we will be starting Spring Training on March 6th. Spring Training will go in parallel with the real MLB spring training, but doesn't have to be played on the same days and in order.

I will be posting a Team Spring Training thread for each team in the "Game Scheduling" thread which will include your schedules which you must complete by April 9th, which is TCBL opening day.

Now for the Spring Training Settings & Rules.

Settings

Hitting Difficulty: All-Star
    Pitching Difficulty: All-Star
    Pitching Style: Pulse Pitching
    Hot Zones: Preview
    Strike Zone: Off
    Guess Pitch: Off
    Balks: On
    API: On
    Umpire: Variable
    *Everything Else: Up to User's Individual Settings

Rules

Likeness Rule: Every team while in Spring Training should treat it as MLB teams do in real life. This is an opportunity to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your 40 man roster. You should do/see things such as platoon offensive/defensive subbing, constantly changing starting lineups, SP throwing 3 innings and then by committee following. If you have a question please ask me about it.

Stadiums & Uniforms Rule: All teams must suit up in their Spring Training Uniforms and play at a spring training facility in either Arizona (For Cactus League) or Florida (For Grapefruit League), I don't care which ST facility within the state. We ask so because we are mimicking reality here guys.

Scheduling Rules: There is no rule to when and what order you schedule your games on your Spring Training Schedule, it is only imperative that you play and report all of your games by April 9th.

Posting a Result: The winner is required to take a picture with a camera, mobile phone, or screenshot with your PS3, during the boxscore screen and post here. I will then update the master Standings which will also be in the TCBL Spring Training thread here. Feel free to post any other information such as player of the game, player performances, summaries, and any other media. Below is an example of the screen I am looking for...

[​IMG]

BobJr
    sdid22
    ryty32
    controllerabuser
    _MG_
    G_T_G
    Bobby
    HAL9100
    Blackattack87
    BigSmooth33
    cadepetty247
    MoonBBad
    CeeGee
    KnightNoles
    NDCOLTS1979
    cp0990
    pitt4life21
    County5
    PepperNY

I'm excited to start Spring Training and like I mentioned, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Senor Frisk

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Hope the braves get to whoop on those rangers arses

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

We have to use pulse pitching?

4. Emmdotfrisk

yes, we are going to test it to see if it is something that we can require for the league. Basically, we like the idea of it and want to see if it works properly. If it doesn't we can re-evaluate and leave it out upon opening day.

• Like Like x 3
  5. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

How do we upload a screenshot?

6. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

I'm with County5 I have no idea how to take a screenshot on my PS3 :(

7. Emmdotfrisk

Press the PS button, go into the photos menu on your XMB, and scroll to "screen shot", and hit X.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Press the PS button, go into the photos menu on your XMB, and scroll to "screen shot", and hit X.

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm clueless when it comes to pulse pitching, so I'll have some work to do... In case there are others out there like me, check this out:

• Like Like x 3
  10. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    yeah im nervous too. i got so used to the meter.

11. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Seems simple enough but could be difficult which isn't a bad thing

12. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Agreed... Adds a little more variability based on the players actual skill for each pitch, so it seems. Not a bad thing.

• Like Like x 2
  13. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I LOVE that we are going to possibly be moving to pulse pitching, and I have never even tried it. I like that we're starting on a pitching mode from scratch that will put us all at a level playing field.

• Like Like x 2
  14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Looks very realistic to me. you are struggling it should be harder to get control of the pitch cant wait

15. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

I personally love the "classic" MVP Style pitching... I think its damn near perfect...

I'll give this a try though and if we decide to use it, I'll have to adapt :eek:

16. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Emmdotfrisk

I am getting the show for both the Vita and PS3. i realize I cant play my games vs users on my vita but am I allowed to play my spring training games vs the cpu on my vita? I can still do a screen shot like on ps3. I just thought it would be cool to play some meaningful games on my vita unless were having to join an online league for spring training games

17. Emmdotfrisk

of course my man. I plan to do the same. The only requirement is with the rules and settings I posted, and then posting your result

• Like Like x 2
  18. MoonBBad

Emmdotfrisk -- against the CPU do you still want us to manage our teams like we would if it was a real user? eg 2 innings for a starting pitcher, swapping players, etc. Reason I ask is I doubt the CPU is going to be doing that.

19. Emmdotfrisk

I did but as you know there is only so much you can do with a 25 man.

20. MoonBBad

No worries, Spring Training really doesn't matter in terms of record anyways.

21. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    yeah it is more about us all just practicing and learning the game together. I really don't care if I lose 20-0 every game...that would be realistic anyway for my Cubs.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.