TCCT Xbox

Discussion in 'TCCT: Tradition Country Club Tour' started by bamagrad, Mar 25, 2013.

1. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I'm setting up a 1 day tournament to test out the Full Simulation Settings, this will give us a good idea if and any changes are needed.

Please Post Scores Below and your thoughts on the settings.

I'll be trying out the Full Simulation and Full Tournament settings on these Tournaments.

1 Tourney Tomorrow & 1 Wed

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I'm out on vacation tomorrow for a week so I won't be able to help :(

3. Detredwings32

Detredwings32 Walk On

Can't Wait!!!

4. ren6175

ren6175 Walk On

I just finished the round at +25, but that is really misleading. I was +7 through 12 mostly due to bad putting. I was playing with a golfer with a funny putter and I couldn't tell how strong I was swinging. Anyway, on 12 or 13, I hit one out of bounds. I was pissed, so I just kept trying the same shot and I hit like 5 more OB. On the next hole I drove it OB and I gave up at that point.

My thoughts are that I still think full simulation is the way to go except maybe the putting grid (no beads). I wouldn't argue either way if you went with or without the grid though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

You green reading it was mentioned to scan the green with the pointer.. You can get a better feel of the slope doing that instead of just guesing..Worked out pretty well last nighteven though I thought like a 78.. Was my ball striking causing issues.. Not the putting.

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

+8 for some reason my clubs were set to beginner clubs.....

7. houdiniHUSKER

houdiniHUSKER Walk On

I'm playing as I type and I'm liking these setting... It will take some getting used to, but I think these are the way to go. The only thing I would change is to bring back the green grid... IMO it's a pretty sim setting. When ur standing on a green its pretty easy to read it, the hard part is putting the ball in the hole. I think these settings will help level out the playing field as well

8. ren6175

ren6175 Walk On

Yeah, I know about reading the green. I'm not complaining at all, but it would be great if it went in smaller increments than 1 inch. Many times there isn't an entire inch variance in the height, but I know there is still some break. The cool thing is how close to real life the putting ends up being. For example, pros "misread" greens and I misread pretty much every green. So, it's in the game. :)

BTW we need some more Xbox members. Do we need to advertise? :)

9. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

We are on the ps3 side trying to recruit on the EA Forums!! Recruit xbox and ps3 guys!! Everyone is welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  10. houdiniHUSKER

houdiniHUSKER Walk On

the putting got a lil easier as my round went on.. the simulation setting will just take time to get used to, but im very excited for the challenge after playing one round. I know two guys that plan on joining... one is already a member and the other is awaiting approval

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Nice!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sooooooners82

Sooooooners82 Walk On

I put in my request to join the Country Club just waiting for approval.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bamagrad

Sooooooners82

Look in the Country Club Links thread for the info on joining the TSCC.

14. Sooooooners82

Sooooooners82 Walk On

Got in, thanks bamagrad!

15. bamagrad

TPC Louisiana is Up and Running. This one has the Tournament Settings. So get in and Play yr round and post yr scores and yr thoughts.

doing a comparision between the Sim and Tournament Settings.

Had Torrey Pines yesterday with the Sim Settings.

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm going to abstain from the Tournament settings round at TPC Louisiana in interest of not fucking me up when I switch back to simulation, lol. I hopped on to play just a minute ago and I was like.... whoa no way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Same thing as Keller! Dont really enjoy it :) But thanks mate!! Looking forward to the next tournaments

18. houdiniHUSKER

houdiniHUSKER Walk On

Simulation all the way for me... it'd be nice to get the green grid with no beads tho

19. ren6175

ren6175 Walk On

Haha, I played the round and wondered why Keller didn't have a score. Now I get it and he is right. That was so messed up trying to swing and especially putt with that meter on the screen. I still vote for simulation.
    As far as the green grid goes, I've found that I can't putt with it on or with it off, so I'm good either way. Thanks.

20. 2nd2none

2nd2none Walk On

yikes +10
    I prefer simulation, but I can roll with the meters too. The green grid is nice to have, I'm learning to putt without it.

21. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Bama, put together a list of people who are playing. I'd prefer to be tagged when tournaments open up and such to make sure I'm staying on top of things

22. Sooooooners82

Sooooooners82 Walk On

I actually really like the sim settings. Def makes for a challenging and more realistic round. It's actually like you are on a green when you squat you can see the curve of the green and what not.

23. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 Walk On

After a few agonying days, I'm finally picking the game up today. See ya all out on the course.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

So when is our first tournament? I'm ready to get this thing started, anxious to see what everyone shoots in a 4 round tournament. :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

lets play a round!! With Keller