TCL Update - 2/6

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hello everyone, I have a quick update for you. Based on the suggestion of a few people, we'll actually start the Champions League after the THIRD TFL gameweek, and not the second. This will work better for two primary reasons: It will allow people to get used to their teams, and it will give everyone a fairer chance to have played those stronger and those weaker players. I don't mean that as a slight on anyone! But let's face it, if you go out and play AJH, Blaza, JFace, and some other strong club within the first 4 games, you pretty much got hosed. By extending it two more games/one more week, it will give you a chance at some potentially more winable games.

I have updated the timeline for the league accordingly, and based on the TFL Premiership schedule. Have a look at it - we'll have the same midseason break, and by starting after week 3 of the TFL, that will allow us to match up the TFL break with the end of the group stage and do the seeding for the knockout round.

I will post an interest thread and score reporting templates within the next week or two. Then, in the week of the 3rd TFL gameweek, I'll get us into groups.

Until then, feel free to post any questions or comments in the appropriate thread and good luck in your TFL games!

• Like Like x 1
  2. hedache

hedache Walk On

This sucks. Galatasaray had already scheduled training camps on remote locations during non TCL weeks. Now we have to reschedule flights, rearrange booking hotels and fields. I will send the bill to TFL, disappointing organization :p

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Oh hai, that's my schedule!

4. hedache

hedache Walk On

So you are behind this.. :)

5. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Haha. I didn't ask for a rule change or anything... but I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty happy it just happened. I was thinking of trying to play some ugly, negative soccer against AJ and Blaza in order to steal a point or 2 but now I guess I can just go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.