TCU Presser

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

TCU Presser

[​IMG]

Coach this game is a monster, you are taking on the #1 team in the land, what the plan?

What are your 2-3 keys to victory in this one?

How will your defense be able to contain Boise's passing game?

2. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Coach this game is a monster, you are taking on the #1 team in the land, what the plan?

We have a lot of respect for Boise and what they have done over the past few seasons and this season seems no different by virtue of their victory over Oregon. They are the number one team in the country and deserve that distinction. We are very excited about this opportunity and think it's a great chance to get back to where we want to be. Turnovers really hurt us in the Oregon State game, so we have to make sure our excitement does not allow us to lose our composure.

What are your 2-3 keys to victory in this one?

The priority in the game will be to not turn the ball over. We must protect the ball and not allow Boise short fields. The second key is to stop the run. Jacquezz Rodgers really lit us up in week one and we can't allow that to happen again.

How will your defense be able to contain Boise's passing game?

I think we do that by putting Boise into position where we know they're going to pass- 3rd and long, for example- that we can dial up certain packages where with our personel we can get pressure on Moore. We are not going to let him sit back and have all day to throw.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

great job tuc

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Very good game plan coach.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

If I could choose the outcome of this game.........

I choose that you both lose (y)

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Another big game for you coach that seems to be the theme this year, right?

What will it take to defeat BYU?

The coach in Provo feels that his team has not been respected by the media and pollsters, he has his team playing with a chip on their shoulders, what will you do to knock that chip off?

7. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Another big game for you coach that seems to be the theme this year, right?

It is and it does seem that we have had a chance to exhale yet this season. We still have a shot, although small, to win the conference so we have to keep coming out ready to play.

What will it take to defeat BYU?

For us to beat BYU the key is as is for any of my teams, turnover margin. A couple of interceptions got us into an early hole against Boise, from which we could never recover. Of course this time, we are playing in Fort Worth, so hopefully our crowd can induce a couple of mistakes from the Cougars.

The coach in Provo feels that his team has not been respected by the media and pollsters, he has his team playing with a chip on their shoulders, what will you do to knock that chip off?
    I think he's right, they probably should be ranked somewhere in the top 25. Some people will say it doesn't matter but it does. It affects your bowl position, your perception and if you've got a shot at one of the big ones. I think that if they come in here and beat us, they'll get their spot in the top 25.