TCU vs. Utah

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

TCU vs. Utah

Lets the shakeup begin.

When do you want to run this one?

I can play late tonight, or either evening (tomorrow or Sunday night).

I'm watching the BYU game at the moment, but I can step away if needed.

Good Luck,

AG

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

My wife's family is staying at my house until Sunday so it will probably have to be Sunday night if that's OK with you.

Watching the BYU game as well, no wonder Luchini has a loosing record.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sunday night is fine. It just doesn't give us much of a window if we have connection issues, or if the servers go down.

Still, I could use the time to prep.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah I wish I had more time but this weekend is just crazy

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Hey AG what time can you play tonight?

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

After the kiddies go to bed. 9ish ET ok with you?

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Still putting the kids to bed at 9et over here on the west coast. Earliest I can do it would be 11 et. will that work for you?

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

11 is advance time. I can't exactly ask the guys to do their stuff on time, and then play with deadlines myself, just because I'm the commish.

Even if the guys are OK with it, it's not a precedent I want to set. KNow what I'm sayin'?

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

K I will go auto and you can play the CPU

10. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

'Dub, I love you so far, but you really got to try and make time for these huge user-user battles. They are what make the league! We were ALL looking forward to it. I agree with AG here, but it just sucks it couldn't be worked out before the advance deadline.

11. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah it does suck man I'm sorry. Believe me I don't ever want my inlaws staying at my house. This is about the worst weekend I could have for a user vs user game.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

I'm sorry to bitch and moan but I have to get it off my chest. I think its ridicules that we couldn't delay the advance 1 hour so that we could play our game. I mean I can understand if I wouldn't have been able to play until tomorrow or something but 1 hour? Nobody has played this weeks game yet as of 2 hours past the advance so it would have hurt no one at all to delay it.

Not trying to cause drama that's why I just said OK but I think it should be known that a hard advance time is crazy in my opinion. I mean you got to be a little flexible we all have lives.

To think I just lost my chance at a national championship because we cant delay the advance for 1 hour is not right in my opinion and while its fine with me and I wouldn't leave the dynasty for it or anything like that there are people who will if this sort of thing happened to them.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Saw this one coming. I'll gladly stand on what I have already said. If the guys want to weigh in, they're welcome to.

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

Not trying to call you out or anything AG you would have probably beat me anyways. The reason I bring this up is so that maybe we can have a discussion about making a change in this regard.

I believe a hard advance day is a good idea, but as far as an advance time I think it should be flexible.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

bdub,

No offense is meant by this post so please do not take this as one. We as a dynasty have been through numerous advance time fiascoes in our short existence. We have held up our dynasty for over a week due to a plethora of reasons. But the bottom line is this: IT DIDN'T WORK! I know you are upset over this, but it was ALL WEEKEND bro'. I have had the in-laws over to the house plenty of times (I live 12 hours away, when they come visit, they COME visit!) and while I know my situation is not the dubster's, I could still find time at night to play a game, esp on the weekend. I think what Arch did was fair and consistent with the bylaws we adopted as a community. I have no problem especially when you look and see the documentation that is in this thread. I see one guy willing to play pretty much anytime, and another getting picky about the time.

16. bdub

bdub Walk On

No offense taken. My sugestion is that we change the advance times to later at night. The reason I say this is those of us on the west coast have no time on the last day to get a game in at night. I understand 11 is late on the east coast but thats only 8 over on the west coast.

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well the vast majority of us are East coast, so that is where the love comes from.

18. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I have no issue with the advance schedule. It is a slow adavnce anyway at just twice per week. Most leagues use a 48 hour or 72 hour advance timeline while we are doing a 96 / 72 hour advance timeline.