TDL2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

TDL2

Hey guys,

Last night, as a way to get some work in wit multiple guys and the new sliders, I started a new league. I used the settings for next year, and took 2 teams from the middle (Fresno and Ohio) in order to get an idea how the sliders will play for different styles, and different talent levels.

I invited a few guys, and I would now like to open it up to anyone who wants in. You can find the league by searching for "TDL2" and using the password "buckeyes".

Now, my goal is to get time in with different teams than those we play in the main league, and to test out different styles and playbooks. I'm running two teams, one with a pro book (which is a kind of baseline for me) and one playing the SMU Run and Shoot. We have spread and one back teams, also. I'd like to see if someone could make a fleXbox One offense work, but other than that, we could do whatever we want. If you play a powerhouse now, play someone down the ladder a bit. If you play a three star or a four, try a bigger school. It's completely open. The goal is to find a set of sliders (and other rules - recruiting, player change, etc.) that work for us, rather than trying to take something from others and make it work here.

The league is basically a giant test tube. We throw stuff in it, and see what we get. As such, we will not put much value into it. We'll advance whenever we feel like it, change playbooks at random, and do whatever we feel like most of the time. If you want more stick time, here it is. If you want to try out a playbook, here's your chance. If you want to make the league a better place by helping us tune stuff, then this is one way you can do that.

All are welcome. I have two teams at the moment, and if you like, you may do this also. Just let me know what you want to do, and I'll accommodate you. All are welcome. None are required. It is the very definition of a casual thing. Come and go as you please, change teams at will, and play whatever style you want.

AG

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

AG,

I have been wanting to master the fleXbox One. So I will volunteer to take them, but I think I will take a top tier school and do it, either PSU or Ga Tech. Please hold a spot for me since I won't be able to log in until 8 est. I would be happy to see how this works and be a guinea pig for everyone.

3. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

i'll take a team. i would like to take over army. i'll get on when i get home tonight around 7 ET.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sounds good. I think you'll be able to join using the password I posted. If not, let me know, and I'll send an invite. Take whoever you like.

5. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Shoot me an invite, I'll take a team.

6. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

mullen, get your little daddy ass in the league. you too bulldog and goose.

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

will do today

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

I will as soon as I get home from work.

9. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

this is awesom!! a way to try out sliders, a way to pass time during by weeks (or extream circumstances).. wink, wink.. i will def join when i get back home and i want to teams too, maybe navy or airforce and hawaii

10. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i will run the fleXbox One with navy.

11. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

nevermind, i'll air it out with la.tech.

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

the NIU Huskies open the season with a 28-27 win over Iowa State via missed XP. Kinda fun game

13. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Hold up, so we're inviting all the slow fucks who are the reason we need an additional league in the first place? ;)

Haha, hopefully, because this league isn't to be taken too seriously, we can advance every day - whether all users are ready of not. That way, the league can serve the purpose of perfecting our main league (sliders, recruiting, other options, etc.) and help some of us more active players be patient during delayed advances. A week wait doesn't seem half as bad when I can look forward to getting ass-pummeled by Ohio State! ;)

Anyway, if used correctly, this is a brilliant idea, as it will absolutely improve the quality and enjoyment of the original TDL.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Keep in mind, guys - this is a test league. I'll want to hear about results in the slider lab forum. Let us know what's going on.

Also, this league will be moving, or not moving, pretty much whenever I do or don't get a chance to advance. It's not going to be a regular thing, or even something I announce. I'm just gonna move the league whenever I feel like getting a game in to test something, or whenever I'm bored.

I didn't think many of you would want in, but for those who do, that's kind of the way I'm going to do it. I may play as many as three teams, which means you guys will have some time to get stuff done, but I don't want to make anyone think we're going to wait for people or anything. It's just kind of going to move whenever it moves.

Also, feel free to change whenever you want. Teams choices are not exactly carved in stone. Feel free to move around.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What is the difference between the two teams? Is ISU much better, a little better, or about even?

16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

ISU is better, but not much. I wouldnt call it an upset by any means.

17. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i just gave up 33 points and a boatload of yards to a 1aa school. but i scored 56. my d is baaaaaaaaad.

18. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Great idea. I went ahead and started with a powerhouse (Bama) since I regularly play with a 3 star (MSU). I'll probably keep them until after the first SEC tussle, then switch to a WAC or Conference USA.

19. Goose

Goose Walk On

Well, my wife got off of work early today, now we have to go to the stupid ass County Fair. As soon as we get home I'll join.

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

For example, it is now week 2. 6 of 7 played, and number 7 had an FCS game = advance.

21. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Too funny!

22. vatechhokie01

whats recruiting on? allamerican?

23. vatechhokie01

and how fast you advancing here? lol...not that i give a crap.

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's on All-American.

Whatever pace I feel like, really. But, considering the fact we have nothing else to do - pretty quick.

25. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll join tonight. I tried this morning and I had the wrong password in. Thought it was buckeyes02 for some reason.