TE R.Gronkowski 25 years old - 87overall

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by score23, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. score23

score23 Walk On

5/0

2. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

3. score23

score23 Walk On

4. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

score23

From my calculations (unless there is some unposted transactions) you do not have the salary cap to be bidding on this player.

Your cap sheet shows 251 and you won the $10 bid on DT Ratliff which brings you to 261.

5. score23

score23 Walk On

do now

6. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

score23

"release

Thomas but not the 2nd year Thomas"

This is what you wrote in your roster management thread.

Can we be any more vague?

You have a M. Thomas (6), T. Thomas (6), S. Thomas(5) and a D. Thomas(3) on your roster...

With 261 as your current cap number you would have to cut $12 worth of cap in order get the needed $ 7 to sign your bid.

That would mean that you are cutting both M. and T. Thomas??

Bids do not work on retro-spec. You either have the cap space at the time of the bid or it is invalid.

I am sure this is Keller call, but from what I understand neither of your bids have been valid, and the Cheifs bid of $6 should be awarded for the 12 hour period it has sat.

I am not trying to be jacka$$ here, but many of us go to great lengths to put the time and effort to be fair about the cap and play the game correctly. You have been with the league long enough to know how it works.​

7. score23

score23 Walk On

im @ 261 i cut M.Thomas 6 dollars and my bid is $7. is the cap not 265 is so then do the math bud...i have 3 more dollars to play with..

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

9. fuzzyl0gic

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tmfl-offseason.56876/

10. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

It is apparent by this statement you do not know how this salary cap works so I am going to help you a little bit.

Our salary cap is 262.

When you cut a player you have to take on half their salary for the remainder of their contract.

Example: Say M. Thomas has a $6 salary and has 4 years remaining on his contract. When you cut him. Half of his salary ($3) gets taken off of your cap, and the other half($3) stays on as a penalty for the remaining years of his contract, which in this example would be for the next 4 seasons.

So, in your case as of right now. You are sitting at 261 in cap. In order to free up cap space to sign this player at $7 you would need to have 255 in cap dollars resulting in $6 worth of cap cuts. In order t get $6 in cap cuts you need to cut $12 od current salary as half will go to cap cut, the other half will go to a cap penalty.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Furthermore, it is you responsibility to understand where you are with your cap dollars before you make bids. When you make bids that are invalid, you change the dynamic of Free Agency. Everyone is assuming when you m ake a bid you have the available space to do so, and bid according to your bid. So, while others are trying to pinch their dollars to fit all their needs in their budget, you are driving up the price without the merit to do so.

11. fuzzyl0gic

Keller requesting a lock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.