1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

TE University

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Jan 9, 2010.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

TE University

After winning 3 consecutive Mackey Awards with Mike Ragone and Kyle Rudolph (the man, myth, legend), ND enters the 2012 season with a bit of a question mark at the position.

rsJR Tyler Eifert has 35 career catches and has been a solid #2, but a new potential star has emerged. 6'6" 242lb Mike Gardner, after spending a year redshirting, progressed very well in the offseason and has claimed the #1 spot in the preseason. Despite being a 3* recruit and not having Eifert's speed, Gardner is rated 85 OVR, and his catch and block ratings are fantastic for a freshman.

While the passes might be spread between the 2 of them and a Mackey Award for either is unlikely this season, Gardner's furture looks bright. Oh, and after DE Ethan Johnson graduated last season, #9 came open. Jello may have flashbacks.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

You can slap a number 9 on some guy's jersey, but that doesn't make him Kyle Rudolph.....

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Dude is gonna be a beast. No doubt in my mind.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Which playbook is Dat using to get his TE's so much love? I have 3 TE's I think are pretty darn good...Maybe I need to take a look at it.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Notre Dame:)

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I use ND's playbook in my UNC dynasty. Through 12 games my #1 TE caught 77 passes for 1275 yards (16.5 YPC) and 18 TDs.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Yep, I use the ND playbook. Lots of 2 TE formations, and I often use formation subs to put a TE in the slot when I'm in 4 WR's formations.

Also, I just focus on the TE quite a bit (sometimes too much).

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Part of the pro-style offense is utilizing the TE, ESPECIALLY at Notre Dame. They really are TE U.

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I thought Miami was TE U. Franks, Shockey, Winslow, etc.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Rudolph, Carlson, Fasano, etc.

No doubt about Miami either, but they churn out defenders like whoa, so how many titles do they need? They are THE U ;)