Team adjustments

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

With JFace leaving and Darr27z expressing that he'd like to leave Arizona, is there anyone else who'd like to switch teams? Something I've been thinking about is that the 2 conference set up limits the cross conference games to 1-2 a year. If we had a 3rd conference the user games might be a bit more varied and interesting.

It's just a thought, and would require one of the Big 10 guys in the Michigan/Nebraska/Iowa group to change and either WSU/Cal/Stanford to switch to keep things even.

Discuss amongst yourselves, no rush.

2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

With the Cal/Stanford rivalry about to be real competitive, (remember he beat me with a 60 yard fg at the gun), I am staying at Cal. I love the team I've assembled.

I do however think a 3rd conference would really spice things up. A user like gowazzucougs could become competitive in our league. I think all users being competitive is important. Not that he'd take a 6 star team or anything, but a decent team in the SEC would make user games better all around for him.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im not moving I like the set-up. Just leave the Pac 12 south spot open and let Darr move if we wants.

4. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

I really like the idea of adding a third conference. If not though I will stay at Arizona.

5. sreese

sreese Walk On

Im a midwest man, staying at iowa. Im right in between Cali guys and the florida recruits!!!!;)

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

This whole idea of adding a third conference really comes down to me. My team this year is bad, I have told a few people about how bad my team is this year, but no one really seems to believe how bad this team is. I don't really want to give up on the Cougs, I really believe I can turn this program around. I doubt I am winning a conference title and or the North Division no matter how many seasons we play. At this moment I am probably having serious doubts if I will ever win a user game in this dynasty if I remain with WSU. We all want to have success with our teams, and have a team we want. It is a shame that Darr is stuck with Arizona when he clearly wants some other team, and adding a third conference would probably make scheduling easier on Dru, and give people a little variety on who they play.

But at this moment I want to stay with WSU. I am probably being stubborn, but this is my school. I should stick with it. As for the competitiveness of my user games, this season is going to be bad. There is no doubt it is going to be bad. At the moment my roster is garbage, I don't want to sound like I am making excuses or whining, but at the start of the game the freshman for my school were rated horribly, and by the time they were seniors their, most likely Iw as going to have to play with underclassmen. The average OVR for my seniors is 72. I have only one player rated 80 +, and he is just rated 80, and he is just a RS Junior. Basically my entire team is young. I am starting two seniors on the offensive line, after that, the oldest player is a redshirt sophomore. My QB woes have been well documented, I was forced to play a true freshman at QB last season, and with progression this offseason I believe QB Mark Johnson can play for me the entire four years. However, my big weakness is my defense. My biggest weakness is clearly my secondary, none of my CBs is rated above a 69. Four of the seven CBs are sophomores, and my goal this season is two sign at least two more.

Somehow, I have gotten WSU to a three star program. More than likely it will fall back to a 2 star program next season barring some miracle. But this program will leap to a four star program by season 7, right it down.

• Like Like x 2
  7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

as far as I am concerned we already have 4 conferences.

8. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Good point

9. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Don't feel bad for me. I wouldn't say I am stuck with Arizona, just thought if some of the other bottom-middle guys would want a chance to move to a team that could complete for top recruits and Conf Champs I would go with them. I can compete with Arizona I am just going to have a harder road. Don't feel bad for me I can at least beat recchem2000. I just hope you get a user game win cougs, as long as it isnt over me.

10. sreese

sreese Walk On

See guys its not that he doesnt like arizona. He just thinks it would be easier with usc, lol!!!!!

11. Dru50

How about this - Darr27z goes to USC, and I'll take Alabama? That sound like a deal?

12. sreese

sreese Walk On

im against this dru. See with the current setup i have no one in between me and florida or calli. Lets keep it like this for awhile.

13. Dru50

Don't worry, I was only kidding. I'm not mean enough to give darr USC so he can continue talking smack to recchem2000.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dru50

gowazzucougs

You still want to stick where you are now that you are WSU in Night Owls?

15. gowazzucougs

I am fine

16. Dru50

Ok, figured I'd check.

17. gowazzucougs

won today, it builds confidence.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

He's not going to stop anyways

19. Dru50

gowazzucougs has changed his mind and decided he wants to make a switch. For it to work, we need one person from each other division to be willing to switch as well.

Darr27z
    Danthraxxx
    bucsfan047
    MaxATX34 - I figure you won't care if you need to switch

Are any of you interested in moving to the SEC? Once we figure out who is moving we can deal with figuring out teams. Darr, if you really want to stay in the PAC 12 we can discuss having you take USC maybe and I'll move if that's the only way we can get this to work.

20. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

i think im good where I'm at

21. Dru50

gowazzucougs - if other guys don't want to switch, you could always take over Oregon in the Pac12 north if you want.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Booo...damn it I knew I should have let Cougs win last night!

23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Dru50 , we are talking about users moving , no moving teams to alt conference correct?

24. gowazzucougs

If my choice is Oregon, or WSU, I am sticking with WSU.

25. Dru50

Yes, users moving teams, not teams switching conferences.