Team Builder Dynasty

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Masler, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

I decided to create a nearby university for use in an offline dynasty. I went with the Grand Valley State Lakers and they have been invited into the MAC. Some other changes to the MAC is the return of the Temple Owls and the Ohio Bobcats going from the East Division to the West Division. Temple has agreed to be GVSU's cross division protected rival.

Grand Valley is rated a 1 star school but has some good talent. They recently two peated the Division II national title and have been the reigning force in the GLIAC in the later 2000s, they have been a little more quiet in the 2010s but are showing a burst of power lately.

Settings

Difficulty: Heisman
    Recruiting: Heisman
    Quarter Length: 7
    Sliders: Altered

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    Grand Valley 2012 Football
    With many seniors at starting positions, this is the best chance the Lakers have at making a good impression. Head Coach Matt Mitchell stated he wants to go for gold in the first year with a MAC Conference Championship. He said within 5 years of joining the MAC he hopes to show enough skill and tradition to get invited into a BCS Conference. Realistically on Heisman difficulty, these teams may not be easy to beat, but I still see a MAC CCG victory with a good bowl to show Division I there is a reason the Lakers won 4 National Championships in recent years. ​

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    CB Dana Dixon ruins McCarron's last chance to win the game.​
    GVSU - 21​
    #1 Alabama - 16​
    Tuscaloosa, AL​
    When I first made the schedule and decided to take on #1 BAMA AT HOME I thought I was crazy and would be blown out. Bama received the ball first and marched right down the field, looking very dominant but stalled in the redzone and settled for 3. After a 3 and out by the Lakers, Bama would add another 3 points to their lead. Grand Valley would strike the first TD though with a 26 yard pass from Parling to Billy Seiler. About a minute later McCarron would make a bad read and throw a pick right to CB Knight, who just barely managed to outrun Eddie Lacy into the endzone. Alabama would yet again stall in the redzone and settle for another 3, going into the half down 9-14, a very big surprise. The third quarter started with Alabama looking blood thirsty as they ripped off two sick runs from Lacy and McCarron would torch the defense on one pass. But their luck would end as Dana Dixon would intercept a foolish pass thrown by the Bama QB. GVSU would pad their lead with a TD from HB Shuford to go up 21-9. The fourth quarter is when things got dicey as Alabama finally scored a TD as Eddie Lacy looked like a hot knife through butter. Parling would make a mistake by throwing a pick which Alabama looked ready to take advantage of. With no timeouts Alabama immediately starting chucking the ball towards the endzone, as fate would have it, Dixon would jump up and force his second take away, resulting in a massive upset. ​
    Bryant-Denny was silenced today and GVSU travels back to Michigan to face Michigan at the Big House. Can our good fortune last?​