Team Choices/Options/Questions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've been messing around with some playbooks, and I wanted to ask a few questions:
    1. Are Option books/teams available?
    2. When do you want to move past the preseason? Is it based on time, or number of members?
    3. Can we clear the old TLC stuff?
    4. Need my help with any of this?
    Right now, I'm leaning towards running the Run n' Shoot. It looks hard, but the option routes and such look like something really cool if I can get the hang of them. I thought about running the Mizzou five wide book, but guys don't really like the five wide stuff in user games, and the 4 wide + a HB gives me more options in the screen game. Anyway, I'll be working out the bugs today, and then I'll declare a book.

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

1. I am using the heisman sliders we were testing in SN. I have played about 15 games with them as Oregon and have had great success in the option. So all books are availiable.
    2. I am hoping as soon as the two new members sign up and RJ signs on we can get this going. If they aren't in by Saturday at 7pm est I am starting this thing. If they get in sooner we start.
    3. Yes we can clear all that stuff.
    4. YES! I am working off an iphone so you can imagine how much fun that is!

Go for whatever book you want arch, I think we will have a lot of fun with this by keeping things simple.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I like that set, but I'm having real trouble with the pass. Seems I can only get guys free between the hashes and all man covwerage is really tough. I want to play a run 'n shoot game, and I think that set is a bit prohibitive. Any chance we can adjust the CPU coverage?

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yeah all things are adjustable. I am going to make the sliders a moving target. We will not get locked into something we hate.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Beautiful. I just noticed lots of mind-reading going on in man coverage. Good to know we can adjust on the fly.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well I can go ahead and change it prior to play. I can tell you using the Oregon playbook I have been deadly in the pass game by making the pre-snap reads.

Also do you think we need to monitor the hurry up in this game? I know with us going spread alot of teams are likely to go to the hurry up. Any potential issues we need to hash out?

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

I've used the oregon book a little bit but have no idea about other spread books. Can anyone give me some good options?

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

What formations/plays are you looking for?

9. Goose

Goose Walk On

Gosh I got no idea. Plays that work? lol

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm thinking something like Nebraska's running this year, which is nothing like their playbook in the game. Alot of read option run/pass plays, some that Martinez can run straight up the middle and a little wildcat.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Try the Michigan book. The Shotgun-Split sets will let you get Helu, Burkhead, and Martinez on the field at the same time. You just have to either choose the "dual HB" set from the playcall screen, or formation audible the fullback out. There are some I-form triple option plays that let you do the same thing.

Good place to start at least.

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yeah I like that Michigan book as well. For the short pass game though I am going with Oregon. I won't pass for 300 that often, but I will have very few negative plays and should have a high pass % with the book. I set up a "house dynasty" with the same sliders and rosters and have dry ran a few books and the Oregon book is sweet. I am actually able to run the counters and most options out of that book with these sliders.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Since we haven't started yet, I still have time to have a change of heart. I did some growing up in Atlanta as a kid, and I've always liked GTech. It looks like the slider set we have will make playing with them tough, but possible. I'm going change teams and go with Tech, and I'm going to run one of the option books. I don't know if there are big differences between Tech, Navy, & Army, but one of them is going to be my choice.

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Sounds good Arch. I would suggest you look over those books because there are differences and it will boil down to what you want personally.

15. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I went with Auburn because I want to roll with my team's playbook, and they're almost exclusively shotgun. This league's called shotgun express, right? ; )

Arch', where the hell is their a dual HB play call option? I've always used formation subs for the split backs, but would prefer to save those moves.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

At the playcall screen, push right or left on the right stick to change packages. They'll stay that way all game, but reset at the start of the next. I use it quite a bit to get carries for my 2nd back - I just right stick over to the "spell HB" option, which exists in most formations.

Some of these get pretty interesting. My favorite is in the Gator Heavy, when you can use it as a Wildcat set by switching the package. Easy should check that out. I think only Florida and Miss State have that set.

17. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

K went with the Beavs

for my non-conf user games. Can I replace Louisville with a user team and just add a 4th conf game? I'd like to keep my matchups with TCU.

If I can't keep both the TCU and Boise, keep the Boise State game and replace TCU with a user team.

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I will work on schedules tomorrow and we are starting tomorrow night round 12 pm est. If Grat isn't signed on by then he will have to play catch up later.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I just got a message from a guy who wants to join. he should be getting in touch with you.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

sounds great...I am on the road tomorrow for most of the day if you can recruit for us I would appreciate it, I will try and send out invites and give them time to set up tomorrow night.