Team Choices

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Ok guys, let's get started. For now, let's consider the choices to be fluid - we might change our minds later. I'll start.

Where I'd like to begin: Ohio University, UL-Lafayette, maybe Army/Navy

Where I'd like to end up: Ohio State, Notre Dame, maybe Tennessee

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

What are starting prestige limitations?

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

" For now, let's consider the choices to be fluid - we might change our minds later."

I dont get it if we are picking teams on a whim why even do it.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If I know what teams we are leaning towards/favoring, that will let me know if I am setting things up in a way that restricts someone unfairly.

I could do the "this is the way it's going to be" kind of thing, but that's never really been my style. However, if you would like your input not to be considered, I can honor that request :)

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I would like to start with Utah State or maybe Air Force. Would like to end up at Utah, Stanford, or Oregon.

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Keeping it in state my goal is Florida.......So FAU is a likely destination

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I'd either like to start out as Washington and try to keep the job the whole time or I'll start at San Diego State and end up wherever the Coaching Carousel takes me.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

I don't think we should be able to start at a bcs school. But just my opinion.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'd like to start out as Washington State and stay there the whole time and try to rebuild what has turned into probably the worst BCS program in the country. I think that's a fair and very difficult assignment. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Idk wtf I wanna do. I'd like to be PSU from the start.

However I don't mind starting somewhere lowly...like a MAC team or even a lower tier Big East team. Idk why but I am intrigued to be in the Big East.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I want to make sure guys get to play wherever they want. If we get the difficulty right (and I plan to work long hours on this one) it should be fine. The thing I don't want is a runaway title winner in year one. That's the big danger from starting in a top job, 'cause it'll cause trouble when other coaches mouth off about this guy or that guy taking the easy road, so to speak. If we get things right, there should be no easy road.

Maybe there's a way to reasonably handicap guys who take top gigs - something that doesn't take away from the experience, but levels things a bit. No idea what that might look like, but I do know I want guys to have choices they're happy with.

We'll figure it out.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I just think everyone should at least start off on the same level. Piecing guys here and there just will cause too many issues imo.

13. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Yeah EA now had them as a 1 star WTF! Seriously though, jca vs big d apple cup will be pretty cool

• Like Like x 2
  14. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'd like Kent State, or Akron

I'd like to end up Ohio State, Nebraska, or Notre Dame.

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I'm not opposed to working my way to a BCS Conference, just saw that some people had been considering starting in BCS Conferences. My Washington pick is if it's wide open and we can go where we want. While they're a BCS School and a talented team, there is still work to be done to get them to be a serious contender.

I'm hoping to land that U-Dub job at some point and look forward to playing a user in the Apple Cup...Should be lots of fun.

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Where I'd like to end up: Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee... Michigan is really the only one I'd really like to get to.

Where I'd like to start: Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Toledo, Bowling Green, San Diego State

17. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I already gave you dibs on the Michigan job, if we're building, I'm taking SDSU! Lol

18. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

LOL... Deal jca... I'll lay off SDSU.

19. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You're a good man. (y)

20. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I'd like to use Michigan State (and/or end up at Michigan State). I'm open to starting at lower-level teams if we all decide to do that. I'm not sure what teams I would want from the lower tiers.

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

If we are rebuilding a team I think I would like Vanderbilt or Duke. Although I would like to start with PSU or USCarolina

22. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Nice pick with vandy... If you pass on them I think I may need to add them to my list too... Love the bball squad

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Always liked Vandy hoops. Those smart kids can ball. I could go a number of ways myself, but I really want to get the game in hand before I decide. Personnel fits help me decide, especially since I want to run a particular kind of offense and defense.

24. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Me too... I'll have to canvas Phil Steele and pick someone close to what Borges/Mattison plan to run in Ann Arbor.