Team Draft Breakdown

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Wyrmreaver, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

[​IMG]
    PICK: NA - Before the Draft Jayrah was handed the Aggies. Jayrah was highly competitive in '12 and started at a disadvantage. In '13 he inherits a talented roster and an enviable recruiting base. TAMU is the only Texas school among users which could give him an early leg up in terms of gathering young talent. Make no mistake though, the SEC West is filled with juggernauts and it will be tough to get to the CCG with games against traditional powers LSU, Alabama, Arkansas, and Auburn every season.

[​IMG]
    PICK: NA - Did we give FSU to arguably the best player in '12 without even forcing him into the draft? In RL FSU has been underachieving for years with a highly talented team. With Kapono at the helm that is likely to change in a hurry. The 'noles are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and are a traditional recruiting powerhouse. Hopefully rivals Florida and Miami can keep them in check on the recruiting trail and on the field. This was a straight steal for kapono!

[​IMG]
    PICK: #1 - gowazzucougs picked first and he took the champs. Forrest was very competitive with overmatched teams in '12 which should bode well for him in '13. He now takes on one of, if not the, most talented rosters in the game. Additionally, 'bama is a recruiting juggernaut. The biggest questions are what can we expect to see on the field with regards to style? Forrest is fond of trick plays, wildcat, etc while 'bama is a line up and beat you without any smoke and mirrors kinda team.

[​IMG]
    PICK: #2 - A bit of a surprise here for recchem2000 with a few more talented teams still on the board. Zach seems to have been hell bent on being Forrests #1 rival which made this pick for him. Auburn had a down year after the NC with Cam at the helm but they are still a very talented bunch with a nice recruiting base. Certainly an upgrade over UCLA in comparative talent.

[​IMG]
    PICK: #3 - MexiRican35 must have been thrilled to see the Tigers available after recchem's pick. Mexi even vowed to make recchem sorry he passed on them by beating him every year. This team has as much talent as anyone in the country, especially on D. Recruiting shouldn't be a problem in the Bayou either as coach Mexi looks to get done what the tigers failed to do last season. This tigers team is built to do almost anything on offense, so who knows what to expect.

[​IMG]
    PICK: #4 - A surprise pick here from Boom29 going with the 'Canes. Miami is not devoid of talent though, nor are they a slouch on the recruiting trail. Boom, much like this team, struggled last year, so can this pairing result in a resurgence for both?

[​IMG]
    PICK: #5 - SatansAngel1104 makes a nice pick here getting a very talented Florida team still available at pick #5. Being new means we have no idea what to expect from this guy, but he gets a very capable team on the field and in the living room with plenty of young talent already on campus. He should be able to compete right away.

[​IMG]
    PICK: #6 - This pick was a bit of a stretch given some of the rosters still available for DirtycashDylan . Sounds like DCD likes to throw the ball and coach Spurrier should have left him some nice pieces for those purposes. However, with Lattimore in town we can probably all expect a heavy dose of downhill running for a year or two from the 'cocks. This team could struggle a bit on the recruiting trail, but after trolling the new coaches success at Kent State I am sure he will do just fine.

[​IMG]
    PICK: #7 - This team falling this far was a bit of a surprise. A welcome surprise for whygodwhy1111 to be sure. Boasting a loaded offense led by a Heisman hopeful at quarterback, WGW should have no problem putting up points right away. WGW from most accounts had great success at UW in '12 and there is little reason to expect him not to be ultra competitive once again in '13.

[​IMG]
    PICK: #8 - He picked 'em in the Mock so this was no surprise. Wyrmreaver takes a team with a very talented spread offense. Not sure how that translates considering he was known to run the fleXbox One quite a bit in '12. At this point he's not even sure what he'll be doing on offense. The Mizzou defense isn't terrible but is certainly overmatched in the SEC west. On the recruiting trail the tigers find themselves at a decided disadvantage so we'll see if he can work some magic to build this team up.

[​IMG]
    PICK: #9 - The steal of the draft for Dru50 to find Georgia with the second to last pick. This team is loaded top to bottom on both sides of the ball with a significant recruiting footprint to boot. With a preseason all american at QB and a core of returning players at WR Dru is likely to get down the field with ease. His nasty 3-4 SEC defense should help bail him out if the offense sputters. This team/user is a nasty combo. Luckily he and kapono are in the same division.

[​IMG]
    PICK: #10 - After flirting with Vandy, Cheez settles on UT. The vols have been down but are a sleeping giant with a solid young roster and no lack for pull in recruiting. Don't be surprised if Josh is a powerhouse in Knoxville sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nice job Wyrmreaver.

Here's the real question - who is everyone's prediction for the opening year SEC championship game (or as I'll refer to it - the REAL national championship)? Don't pick yourself for the sake of argument.

I would take gowazzucougs to start his revenge tour from NCAA 12 by running undefeated through the regular season with Alabama. I'm gonna take the new guy from the SEC East and predict that DirtycashDylan beats out Kapono for the opportunity to get 'rolled' by the Tide.

3. Wyrmreaver

SEC Title game........ I'm Going with MexiRican35 from the west. LSU is loaded and Mexi is no slouch on the sticks. In the east I'm going to bank on Kapono making it out since he has beaten me as badly as anybody I've played to date.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm most afraid of the new guys in the East. UF and S.Carolina both have pretty good rosters and I've never played DCD or satansangel. Mexi wins the west at 12-0 and I think he'd beat whoever the East champ is.

I'm getting comfortable with options and passing in the demo than I do running the ball. I'm excited to use EJ Manuel to run a spread-type offense. And the best D-Line in the country too. Phil Steele says our 2nd team D-Line would be the 10th best in the nation.

5. Wyrmreaver

I'm thinking nobody goes undefeated...... we'll have to see, there are just so many tough outs on the road to the title!

6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I've never played DCD, but I've played Satan twice and he threw the ball more than you.

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

First and foremost: awesome work Wyrmreaver !

My pick: LSU vs. Florida State

8. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Cant pick myself...

Ya'll are forgetting about WGW. I've never beaten him in a user game (I think) and we've been playing since 11. He steps into a great offense and he is going to be scoring a lot, A LOT, of points with them.

I think in the East it comes down to Kapono and Dru. I give the edge to Kapono, just cause he knows his team inside and out right away.

A straight shootout then ensues in the championship, with the last team with the ball winning the game, being Arkansas.

I'm hoping that no one goes undefeated. I want to have 3/4 team races that go down to the last weekend of the season.

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm going to need to start labbing once the game comes out. In my other dynasty, I went with Louisville and sophomore running QB Teddy Bridgewater. For FSU I have a bigger running QB in Manuel and a true freshman runner in Jameis Winston. My main goal is to figure out my spread option offense and run it for 12 months while recruiting fast QBs.

And Mexi is right, nobody's really giving Arkansas a chance in the west.
    In the east, I'd say 2012 is the year for FSU to win a title and in 2013, if Marcus Lattimore returns, USC could have their chance to win the conference. We'll see what Boom can get going with his 6-star prestige at Miami, I always have a difficult time with Boom it seems.

10. Dru50

The GC's said there were some errors in the team prestige/rating file originally posted. Miami is a 5 star in 2013, not a 6 star. Just FYI.

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Dru50

Wyrmreaver

I will blow the first season somehow, and it will be quite painful when it occurs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

It will be against LSU :)

13. gowazzucougs

No I will beat you, and win any of my hard games. :) But I will lose to someone else who has a lesser team.

14. Wyrmreaver

Like me :p

15. Dru50

Is it crazy that I'm thinking of not being Georgia and taking Vandy? I'm so psyched for the Bears this year in the NFL and the Jay Cutler/Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrey show that I may do like Cheez recommended and show support for my quarterback....

I know zero about Vandy this year, how bad will they be in NCAA 2013?

16. gowazzucougs

They are realistically not bad. They went to a bowl game last season, and their coach has landed some good recruits.

17. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Rec is the only one I've played so I'll reserve my predictions til season 2.

18. Wyrmreaver

I'm only okay with this if nobody else is allowed to jump on Georgia......

The toughest part of being Vandy is the recruiting, they have enough talent that you should be okay for a couple seasons, but I believe they are only a 2* which puts you at a decided disadvantage trying to get guys to fill your ranks.

19. Dru50

The only one who could take UGA would be Cheez....which I for one wouldn't care about. I'm just thinking about it at this point.

20. Cheez

didn't you and I play once back in the old LOC in '10?

21. Cheez

I know you didn't say "unless Cheez is allowed to jump on Georgia", but why do I get the feeling that this is what you meant? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Wyrmreaver

You already pulled a Mike Price once......

23. Cheez

The only reason I moved from Vandy to UT is because I can be competitive for my short time here. I LOATHE UT, and their silly ass fight song. UT fans at Neyland Stadium seem like cultists.

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Won't be painful for me (y)

25. Dru50

Cheez got busted at a strip club? That's cause for promotion in After Midnight.....

• Like Like x 2