Team Prestige Vote redeux

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by GDip, Jun 28, 2013.

?

What should the team prestige be of user teams

1. Any prestige (1-6) first come first serve.

50.0%
  2. Prestige of 5 or below

16.7%
  3. Prestige of 4 or below

33.3%
  4. prestige of 3 or below

41.7%
  5. prestige of 2 or below

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GDip

GDip Walk On

Hey Guys, sorry I had to repost this and delete the old one cuz we couldn't see who was voting and I think some people not in our league had made some votes. So if you already voted, please vote again.

So far we have 10 members, with 2 more ppl still needing to choose a league, so getting to 12 won't be a problem at all.

Next up we need to decide the teams prestige that we'll be playing with. Go ahead and vote for two. Remember to make both votes at the same time, there is no going back once it has been submitted.

When we do get into conferences we will put 6 teams in each conference.

Keep in mind with us using 2 conferences that pretty much eliminates everyone from using the same prestige of team, but we can try and get close... or not. Up to you!

*also, when we do get to team selection (after conference selection) we will have a draft that will be randomly generated. Once one of the conferences has 6 teams, that conference will be locked.

Any questions or comments post 'em below.

Here is a list of each schools prestige

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nellycuz
    GDip
    RRAHx2
    Anthrax78
    Jonathan Applegate
    jay2149
    SFRANGER6969
    Hitmhrd72
    BrewBomber
    Aspect1
    Dase or Days

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  2. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

So after this vote is the conference vote to decide what 2 conferences we are using correct??

3. GDip

GDip Walk On

exactly

4. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

looks like I am in the minority for 2 stars and below lol...

5. GDip

GDip Walk On

6. GDip

GDip Walk On

Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed in the voting. Was hoping we would all be on a more equal playing field. Also, those ppl that end up with 5-6 star teams aren't gonna have much of a challenge, when a handful of the games will be against 1-3 star CPU teams.

It's your league I'm just managing it so we'll roll with whatever is decided on as a group.

7. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

shit my bad dont think i was suppose to vote

8. GDip

GDip Walk On

Ha, no weren't. But we can mentally delete that. Odd that you voted that way considering you originally voted for the carousel (1star) format. No harm no foul:)

9. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Well to be honest I know the three teams I would want and all three are 3 star teams Doesn't really bother me who everyone else is so I would be fine with open teams

10. GDip

GDip Walk On

Welcome the newsest member to Freshman Orientation, Dase or Days. He appears to be a solid addition and brings a well-thought out approach to game planning.

Enjoy the league man!

11. GDip

GDip Walk On

So our newest member from yesterday has already backed out. He says he over commited to 2 dynasty's when he really only has time for 1. Thant brings us back to to our original 10 owners.

We can move forward and select conferences now, or we can wait for the league to fill up (had one other request to join, just waiting for more communication from him).

What are your guys' thoughts? I'm going out for the day but will come back tonight and see where the league stands.

nellycuz
    GDip
    RRAHx2
    Anthrax78
    Jonathan Applegate
    jay2149
    SFRANGER6969
    Hitmhrd72
    BrewBomber
    Aspect1

12. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I think we should go ahead and select conferences. We wait any longer, we might be rushing to get this thing going. Are we doing a poll again or stating our preferences now.

13. GDip

GDip Walk On

Alright another quick update. SmashMouthFB33 has decided to come on over to F.O. after all. so that leaves just one spot remaining. It also means that his votes stand. so that gives us:

1-6 star = 6 votes
    3 star and below = 4 votes
    4 star and below = 4 votes

SO OUR WINNER IS IN. WE CAN CHOOSE ANY TEAM AVAILABLE WITHIN THE CONFERENCES WE DECIDE.

14. GDip

GDip Walk On

Go ahead and make your arguments for certain conferences now. that way when the poll is put up we will have a good idea of where we want to go

15. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I would like to the SEC as one of the conferences. I feel there are a lot of teams that can compete with each other than any other conference.

16. GDip

GDip Walk On

personally, i know we voted for 1-6 star prestige but I would still prefer using any conference OTHER THAN SEC. and would hold my highest preference with smaller conferences, MWC, CUSA, or even ACC, and Big 12. I just really loathe the thought of some users playing with Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida etc... It's just too easy that way. remember this is college football, the difference in great, good, avg. and below avg teams is huge.

That is my case for staying away from SEC. that being said if SEC is the choice I will be high on Georgia as they are my favorite NCAA team. Just don't like playing dynastys with them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GDip

GDip Walk On

remember, only 6 of us will be in the SEC.

18. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

I know.

19. GDip

GDip Walk On

also, I agree the user games would be good, assuming the top teams are taken. however, it wouldn't suprise me if a few of the lower schools there get grabbed up. Either way, the cpu games(and there will be lots of those) won't be much of a challenge using these schools. For my OOC games I would rather beat an SEC team using another conference, than use an SEC team and beat an ACC school or any other conf.

20. GDip

GDip Walk On

one last thing that i just remembered. Recruiting from the SEC is way too easy also. If you can't tell by now I feel there's no challenge in taking these schools;)

21. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

If the sliders are set right the CPU won't be a push over. The way the sliders as set in our Madden league, you can get beat by CPU if don't have your stuff together. I don't think it would be much fun getting beat by the CPU because you don't have the firepower.

22. GDip

GDip Walk On

would the CPU be a pushover, no. Would we still win more than 9 out of 10 games, yes.

23. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

In the dynasty I played with Florida, it wasn't that easy. Plus the improvements this year are supposed to nerf those outcomes.

24. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Possible but not certain.

25. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I'd like to see lower star conferences as GDip mentioned, conf USA, Mac etc...that way it will be a challenge starting from the bottom to middle of the pack rather than someone taking Alabama where if you don't make the national champ game it's a disappointment. With the lower level teams, it will take you years to try to build up to a bcs bowl game and maybe a national title one day long down the road...I think ppl will get burnt out quicker with the lsu Alabama type schools...just my 2 cents