Team Prestige

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, May 16, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ok so it does make more sense to let people select teams based on their success. Should we cap it at 4 star so that no one gets too much of an advantage? Or should we allow them to go with whoever?

It sounds like everyone is in mutual agreement that the worst of us get to select the better teams to start and the best of us have to select 3 stars or below.

UofCWildcat
    jello1717
    GoGators
    dakota7
    blLL flo
    Darkwing
    Big Suge Knight
    edge7771
    JCspartan2

I will keep track of what the majority says.

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm unsure of a Cap due to the differences between conferences i.e. SEC vs ACC

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Good point.

Figuring out conference sounds like the most difficult part in terms of low tier teams.

4. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Im ok with whatever team selection process. I already have teams in mind so I'm just hoping a couple fit into what we do.

Masler, any ideas on conferences? I'm all for a east coast bias league

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Well this is my specialty so i'm gonna lay you something and let you all pick and choose.

Big Six
    • ACC/SEC (which looks to be the best aside from team selections)
    • Big (L)East/ACC (we'd have to keep Boise St out of the Big East which there are talks that the MWC is trying to persuade BSU to say so we could just say they do)
    • B1G/Big XII (we could add Notre Dame too which would add some excitement)
    • Pac-12/Big XII (this is my least favorite because of the spread throughout the country)
    • SEC/Big XII (this is one i like too)

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

We would probably have to add two teams to the Big 12 to set up divisions and a CCG.

Masler -- I'm in favor of tiered team selection. IMO, the inverse order should be based on actual results this release, not on estimated stick skills. In other words, Big Suge Knight GoGators Darkwing and edge7771 had the least amount of success ( and JCspartan2 sniff sniff), so they should be picking higher than where we might otherwise estimate their skill level.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Which two teams would you consider? Maybe Houston and Southern Miss?

8. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

success based on what user games or overall record?

9. dakota7

Houston is in the Big East, I'd prefer not to move a team out of one BCS conference into another. Probably BYU and a MWC team, I'm not sure. Let me think about it.

10. dakota7

Championships, conference titles and BCS titles. I think jello1717 is the only one who kept track of his actual record and could tell you his user game record. I'd be guessing if I went back to figure out mine.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

I am liking the SEC/Big XII idea, all for adding a couple of teams to the Small 12.

12. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Hey Gents sorry been busy with spring ball. I didn't post if I was going to stay or not because I wanted to see what was going to happen here and didn't want to put input in if I didn't stay. Masler does get my vote for comish. One question with no cuts which I do like, would we just cut the lowest cpu added players since we always go over the roster limit after they're added? I would be in favor of ACC/SEC set up and an uncap or 4 star and below. I'm 80% sure I will stay if the comish will have me, but just want to see what the other league set ups are just incase their is something that better fits me. I will give you guys plenty of notice either way so the league can take the right course of action. Plus since dakota thinks I should pick first that is a plus.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I agree. Those with the least success pick first.

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I've got all the MWC teams written down for me and my friends league (doing MWC/WAC) and there aren't any prime teams (being of good standing or location) except MAYBE Air Force. BYU is a good pick though.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm all for you staying man. We've always had some great games and you are in good standing in my eyes.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I like it too. Just trying to stick to the same Geographical location since Proximity to Home seems to be more of a factor.

17. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is something that has never happened before '12 and I'm sure it was a bug for '12. If it was indeed a bug, I'm hoping (I won't say "I'm sure", just that "I'm hoping") that it'll be fixed for '13.

18. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Damn, no ACC? :(

19. Masler

Masler Moderator

I like it too.

Does the SEC even have 6 4 Star or lower?

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee are the ones i could think of. Maybe Ole Miss (bet edge7771 would love to revisit that) and maybe Mississippi St but i doubt that. Florida may be down but i doubt that too.

EDIT: Also my vote would be ACC/Big (L)east for new flavor, team choice is much larger, and it's all close competition.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  21. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I wouldnt mind a Big East ACC set up. And I assume we would not move Syracuse or Pitt season one?

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If they aren't moving till '13 then i'd assume so. Or we could just move everyone (all those new guys to the ACC and Big East) right off the bat.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

I vote right off the bat, saves the trouble later.

24. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It makes sense to go with the swap from year one since that would open up those teams for users from the beginning

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

My thoughts exactly. But again, what are our decisions on conferences? Looks like we're debating between SEC/ACC, ACC/Big East, and SEC/Big XII