Archived Team Prestige

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Final vote next weekend.

Unlimited? Limit at 4? Keep in mind that if we limit to 4, ACC/Pac12/Big Least are the only conferences that really work, unless we do a lot of shifting. I want to keep us in BCS conferences.

No right or wrong answer. Let's have some good discussion. If you missed the podcast, make sure you listen up!

bawvu97
    Danthraxxx
    RedZoneD25
    JFace907
    Mike E
    Bucs
    Baron
    MartyWebb
    sawemoff
    Bulldog
    Danthraxxx

2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

To make it 'less' complicated, I'd say unlimited, but eliminate the Top 2(or 3 depending on conference) teams from being able to be picked. IE: SEC(Bama, LSU, Florida) Big XII(Texas, OU, Ok State).

3. I Peench

I don't really think Florida and OK State would belong in this category, but that's just me.

Anxious to hear what others have to offer

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I tend to agree, so I'll stick with Eliminate 2 teams, but allow any prestige. With the Heisman recruiting, and the new recruiting set up as it is, I don't see it being an easy road for any of us to just pull in studs class in and class out.

5. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I think that we go unlimited, but those confident in their skillz that killz (I am drunk from celebrating my imminent incursion into the real world with the men and womenz that I fought for four years against mediocrity with so cut me some slack) should recuse themselves from taking the top teams. If that doesn't work, then commissish makes an independent veto on say... elite player taking an Ohio State or Bama.

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Go unlimited, I like seeing big dog users vs little dog users lol.

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Whole new game this year with way passing & defending will work , so prior stick skills may not be same.

I say we take 4star and under , that gives us plenty of options for teams in ACC & B1G , as well as SEC maybe.

I dislike idea of 12 guys splitting 2-3 of the six star teams and everybody else gets the leftovers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    what Dan said....

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I Personally like to see guys with mich st go in and have to contend with Ohio st. When they win its that much more gratifying. Even more so if you steal a recruit from a user ohio st over a cpu ohio st.

I think limiting it is just a way of taking the easy way out, because guys dont want to end up playing a better team than them. Ya know? just my 2 cents on the topic

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

And PAC 12 good option to for 4stars under

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

gotta remember we are only going 2 conferences

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Look at PFP having talks this early in the AM lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I would correct you for the top 3 in the SEC but if we did this i would want Georgia :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bulldog

Unlimited. I don't think it matters who we take the games are gonna always be close. If we have a good set of sliders it doesn't matter who you have. I like default Heisman slightly adjusted because you see guys losing or barely winning against strong teams and the scores are more realistic.

15. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Unlimited

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

If we are playing Heisman I guess unlimited star rank makes sense, lord knows if I have a 4star that goes 2-4 vs CPU I am gonna loose my shit lol

SEC has 14 teams now with A&M right ? (off topic a tad)

17. I Peench

Good stuff guys. Lets keep this going. Some good points being raised here for sure

18. Bulldog

yes to the 14

19. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

unlimited. I agree with what Bulldog is saying. User games will always be close, and a few CPU wins mixed in will definitely happen with modded heisman sliders

20. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

If we go unlimited I will probably pick a 4 star and if we go 4 star or less I will probably pick a 2/3 star. To put it simply either one works for me. I do agree with the above to eliminate a couple of the top teams like Alabama lol

21. I Peench

I second your logic here, but am a bit concerned about how exactly we'd determine that. Eliminate 6* teams? Just selectively choose which teams to eliminate? A lot of grey area if that's the case, so we'll have to think.

Lets say we do B1G/SEC. If we eliminate LSU and Bama, will we keep OSU? Is that fair? Especially with all the OSU fans in this OD. Idk, something I want to continue to discuss here

22. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea, I definitely see where it would be tough to decide which teams are not allowed because of something like this. By saying that it might just be better for us to pick 4 star or less teams and then we wouldn't have to worry about a situation like this.

23. I Peench

See this
    How do you think we'd best deal with that Marty? Others?

24. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I think the easiest and best route would to go unlimited. I ain't scared to play a user Bama lol

25. Bulldog

You gotta realize too that some 4 and 5 star teams are better than 6 star teams.

• Like Like x 1