Team Preview

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by SuperBowlNachos, Oct 16, 2012.

1. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Offense

Expectations are high after ANOTHER(I think that's 4) National Championship by Coach Nacho CheeseBowl. Yes sire the third year was a charm again as once again I figured out the game and cheesed my way to a championship in the 3rd season of action. Can I do it again? This might be one of the better offenses I have had in my years in the Redshirts. There is no 99 overall Malcom Brown or Marcus Lattimore, what I think might make it pretty good is how balanced it will be and will be the first time I will actually focus on passing the ball. Gone are the days of passing it 10 times a game. At least for now.

Quarterback

Tanner McEvoy will be the guy to start the season. McEvoy is a 6'6 senior who lead the team in passing last season. Great things are expected of him this year, but if things start to go bad then freshman Kareem wood who has a monster arm may be called upon to start his career as a starter early. Brock Berry is the third string guy here, he may only see action in a few games this year as he will be mainly a running quarterback. Berry is also the 5th CB -_-

Running Back
    Shon Carson will be the starter from day 1 and I don't see him being unseated from that position unless he becomes injured. Carson has 4.35 speed and amazing acceleration through the line. His only problem is his small stature makes breaking tackles a challenge. Nonetheless, he will be in the running for the Heisman and screw will whine becuase an 88 overall RB is wrecking shit. His backup Mike Davis might be better overall, but Davis' lack of speed and experience has made him the backup, although Davis may get the majority of the goal line carries.

Fullback
    I love my fullbacks and finally found one half decent. Matthew Calhoun is a run blocking machine and also has a decent amount of speed for his 6'0" 244 frame. Calhoun could see a lot of time as the running back in shotgun formations because this.

Wide Receiver
    Damiere "Big" Byrd is the only guy worth a damn in this group. Fortunately he has world class speed and every cornerback in the nation will struggle to keep up with him. He will be going for the Kraft Player of the Year award. There is definitely depth and a variety of skills in the 2-5 slots. Shaq Roland also has blazing speed while KJ Brent and Adam Williams are both 6'4" and will be big targets for McEvoy. The 2-5 guys are all 84 overall so it will depend on the matchup on who is getting the start.

Tight End
    Nothing special going on here. Matt Wright will be the starter and might catch 10-15 balls this year. The big thing here is Trey Love who is a 6'8" monster, but is being redshirted this

Offensive Line
    One half badass, the other half mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It should be decent enough to not be a problem, it's not like the CPU will even be allowed to be blocked most of the time anyways.

Defense

Ends
    It's kind of hard to replace an all-american like Jedeveon Clowney who racked up 16 sacks in his seniior season. It definitely isn't being done by the group on the field now Senior LaMicheal Fanning and Sophomore Mike Andrews are average players and won't make much of an impact.

Tackles
    Jack shit here too, but at least some depth. New on the line is Ginn who is a 6'8" juco transfer and also new to the starting lineup is Gerald Dixon who sucks.

Linebackers
    This group isn't half bad. Adam Tremblay was the #1 rated LB coming out 3 years ago and has started his first two seasons of play. Last year Tremblay racked up 43 tackles. Beside him is Mason Harris who has been the starting ROLB the past 2 seasons. Harris is the fastest guy up front and should cause havoc in backfield with the special Nachos LB juke move. The other OLB sucks.

Corners
    Young, young, young. Two RS freshman starting. The defense is going to suck now, but damn this secondary will be tough to beat in 2 years.

Safeties
    The entire secondary is young. Starter Frederick at FS is just a sophomore, but has a year under his belt already and had two interceptions as a freshman. The other guy is a Sr and sucks.

Special Teams
    The 2014 Ray Guy award winner has to be replaced at punter and true freshman Gerald Hayford might win it again.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Feel free to post your own team previews..

• Like Like x 1
  3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]

Offense
    Not sure where we're going yet. The offense struggled heavily against Stanford in week 1. QB Joel Stave returned and has progressed quite nicely. I went with Sophomore Eugene Scott against Stanford and he didn't have any issues throwing the ball against the Cardinal but we just couldn't get any receivers open. Not sure who will get the starting spot when we travel to Oregon. The offensive line is solid for the 4th straight year but we struggled to get that going against Stanford. We have 3 great running backs with senior Melvin Gordon & JR Vonte Jackson, a speedy RS freshman white boy with Marcus Singleton but unless we see injuries, Singleton won't get many carries. We might rely on solid defense because right now it doesn't look like we're going to score many points and solid defense is something we've never had.

Quarterback
    We have 4 solid quarterbacks on this roster. Joel Stave is a senior with an accurate arm but not a strong arm & he also isn't very quick with his feet. RS Sophomore Eugene Scott is loved by his head coach but the trusty throws seem to keep him on edge with the lead man. Last season we used both of these guys and it'll probably be much of the same this season.

Running Back
    Just like the QB's, but we only have 3 RB's on this team. All 3 are capable of playing anywhere in the country. Melvin Gordon is absolutely nasty. He's fast as hell, accelerates fast, avoids tackles is small enough to scoot through any available hole. Vonte Jackson is a little slower but can get the job done and always falls forward. RS Freshman Marcus Singleton will see limited action but the white boy can flat out fly. His future is bright for the Badgers.

Fullback
    I'm not sure what I have here. I can't recruit one to save my life so it's kind've plug someone in and hope they block. Derek Straus will get the spot for now.

Wide Receiver
    I have 9 wide receivers on this team, 6 are freshman and 2 are sophomores. Kenzel Doe is the only senior. We have a heck of a future with this group but this year so far isn't looking so good. Doe can fly but he's not reliable to get open. Someone needs to step up here.

Tight End
    I can recruit a top flight TE with my eyes closed. All 3 on the roster are legit. Senior Sam Arneson gets most of the receptions but sophomore Kyle Grant will see much more playing time this season. He was highly recruited and much more talented then Arneson. Arneson has good hands and gets open but he's just not fast enough to turn it into big yardage.

Offensive Line
    Only one senior in this group. Everyone is use to Wisconsin have 90+ in every spot but this group is young. They're all mid to high 80's so they should get the job done but our protection & rush attack will probably suffer a little bit this year.

Defense
    I've never had defense at Wisconsin. You can look at the history. We give up a ton of yards and the lack of talent & depth has hurt me the whole time I've been here. This year shouldn't be any different as we only have 2-3 seniors on the whole defensive side of the ball. Young young young team but very talented.

Ends
    We have 6 total DE's on this team but only 1 senior. Lowest rated one is a 72. RS Freshman Michael Harris & Leonard Fry will see playing time. Both are 82 OVR while senior LE James Andyanju will get 90% of the snaps at LE.

Tackles
    This is where I'm really young, two sophomore starters, both 86 OVR and should do just fine but another position that I love for the future.

Linebackers
    Guess what, only 1 senior in this group. Everywhere we are young. Jake Keefer & Alex Davis run around in these spots. While MLB Derek Watt has started the season excellent. I've recruited mediocre at this spot. I thought we had some top notch backers verbal and they opted elsewhere which hurt but we managed to also bring in some solid players.

Corners
    Just like my wide receivers, I have 10 CB's on this team. Only 1 senior and he's the 3rd best CB on the team. 6 Of them are freshman. Bright future, might struggle this year.

Safeties
    90 overall Michael Capono holds down the FS spot. He's a senior, kinda scares me to see he's already a senior. I remember when I first took over this job and seeing how good he was as a freshman. JR Ramon Richardson gets most of the snaps at SS , hes an 86 OVR Junior and needs to step his game up. He has competition right behind him with a freshman.

Special Teams
    We have a kicker and a punter but only Drew Meyer gets the duties of both jobs. 99 power, 96 accuracy. This guy can boom it and somehow missed a 50 yarder against Stanford at full blast. Most of his kickoffs sail through the back of the endzone