Archived Team Previews Season One

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 14, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

IrishBearcat
    iBleedOrange247
    -Cougars-
    BakerWildcat7
    LSUTRUTH
    The Parrothead
    BennettForce
    UNo x Broncos
    bawvu97
    Will Atkinson
    Hokie Effect
    Bl0ndeRedHead

We will be doing season previews each season. Obviously everyone needs to do one and I'd like us to get into the habit of doing a thorough job. Here are examples we should be emulating.

We have enough info to get started on these now if you'd like. Let's do a great job on these, really give us the inside scoop of how your team looks entering the 2012 season. Thanks guys. :)

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

lol I was gonna do one last night but thought I'd wait til you took the first step

• Like Like x 1
  3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    i am confused do we write one for ourselves or someone else? your link looks like you write about someone else's team

4. IrishBearcat

Oops my bad, yes I want everyone to Preview their OWN team. Apologies for the confusion.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]

The Cavaliers aren't known for being a good team but last season under Mike London, they had some success making it to a bowl game but losing it. The Cavalier fans had nice assumptions thinking London coming back, sadly that wasn't the case. London was fired after his first season and coach Cougs came back to turn this team into a national powerhouse. The Cavaliers this year are led by Junior transfer from Alabama, Philip Sims. With Sims leading this offense coach Cougs has decided to throw away his beloved, successful, always giving teams fit Air Raid system away and is going to make a transition to the Spread option offense. Many people who follow coach Cougs are scratching their heads. "Is he trying to win? Or just go along with the flow of the NCAA?" Many people asked but Cougs just responded with a sturdy "I base my offense on the players I have, I have an athletic QB, good RB and athletic WR's." The spread was the way to go this year and Cougs isn't looking back. Now the Cavaliers are coming from a long offseason and are looking to regroup and look forward to ACC play yet again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

7. IrishBearcat

If you plan on doing one, simply copy and paste it here.

I want everyone to do a season preview of their own team, and I'd like to have them in one location. Everyone's team thread is really for themselves. This is for the collective. :)

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

I was planning on doing mine on my team page for preservation purposes, then copy and pasting my preview over to this thread so the whole league can read it

EDIT: Fucking IrishN***** beating me to the punch, again

• Like Like x 1
  9. HoundsOfHowl

ok gotchya

10. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

[​IMG]
    Florida State Football

What to watch for on Offense: The play of the offensive line will determine the productivity of the Seminole offense this year. QB E.J. Manuel will have plenty of weapons to get the ball to if the line is able to produce. The running game should open up with an improved offensive line.
    What to watch for on Defense: The best defensive line in the nation. Nick Moody a hard-hitting Safety makes the move to OLB this year. Lamarcus Joyner, Xavier Rhodes, Greg Reid are three huge playmakers in the secondary.
    Best Offensive Player: E.J. Manuel has shown glimpses of greatness but it’s about putting a complete season together. With the WR group he has coming back this year, he will have all the opportunity in the world to prove himself as a great.
    Best Defensive Player: Safety Lamarcus Joyner #20 is an instinctive playmaker, who has speed to burn and can lay the wood to receivers over the middle. DE Brandon Jenkins will be playing on Sunday’s next year and he will be a force for the Noles pass-rush once again.
    The team will be better if: The Offensive line can keep E.J. off of his back. As well as, making running lanes for what looks like will be a running back by committee until someone (Thompson, Freeman, Wilder Jr. Pender) proves they are the true number one.
    Key game: Thursday night on the road at Virginia Tech. This game could be a preview of the ACC title game. Virginia Tech lost David Wilson at HB but will return QB Logan Thomas and a very good Bud Foster defense and special teams.
    Newcomer of the year:
    DE Mario Edwards Jr. was the number one high school player in the nation last year and he should get a chance to see some playing time this year. I am very curious to see if he can make an impact with limited snaps.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. IrishBearcat

Very nice job! Exactly what I was looking for, keep it up fellas.

12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Maryland Terps - 2012 Season Preview
    Offense - Starting at the helm will be Junior # 16 C.J. Brown Junior out of Cranberry Twp., Pa 83 overall. With limited weapons it will be on his shoulders to help the team compete. TE # 89 Matt Furstenburg Senior 83 overall and WR # 13 Kevin Boykins Senior 81 overall. On the ground the terps expect to be limited to few options this year with Justus Pickett (So 77 OVR)) and Brandon Ross (Fr 74 OVR)
    Defense - Two Highlights on Defense LE Joe Vellano - 88 OVR and Demetrius Hartfield MLB 88 OVR, ROLB Darin Drakeford 86 OVR and Erik Frankling SS 87 Overall.
    Biggest Need in Recruiting - The whole team but we have 18 Seniors that will need to be replaced.
    Game I am most looking forward to - Against WVU. Hard to play my alumni but will be fun

• Like Like x 1
  13. HoundsOfHowl

Team Preview 2012-13
    Coaching Staff -
    After the firing of Tommy Tuberville, the Texas Tech Red Raiders looked to Washington Huskies head coach, iBleedOrange, to fill the spot in Lubbock, TX. Coach IBO brings a mixture of a tough ground game, and a heavy run defense to the table. In a recent press conference with the coach he stated that the Red Raiders would look to recruit some more speed in the quarterback and halfback position to set up a no-huddle spread offense in the next few seasons.​
    Coach IBO, will look to make up for a 7-6 season in Seattle from last year, but knows his work will be cut out for him. He will look to his coordinators to help form this attack and defense during his tenure with the Red Raiders.​
    Offensive Playbook : Arkansas State​
    Defensive Playbook : 4-3​
    Quarterbacks - B+
    The starting quarterback for the Red Raiders in 2012 will be, Seth Doege. After several weeks of practice and being the senior quarterback, Doege earned his spot for coach IBO this past week. Doege will be a great pocket passer with very high accuracy and power. Teams will look to plan against this kind of passer throughout the season. But with the Red Raiders poorly rated backup look for coach IBO to be keeping Doege healthy.​
    Halfbacks - B+
    Eric Stevens leads the Red Raiders in the backfield this season. He is fast, and has great agility and acceleration, look for this kid to average a high number of yards per game if the opportunity presents itself. But don't overlook his 2 backups, Williams and Foster are both young and very agile. This backfield could go deep in 2 years if these backs stay healthy.​
    Receivers - B-
    For the style of play Texas Tech will be bringing this year look for their deepest position to step up and try to take over, with over 10 receivers the Red Raiders to spread out the attack to different receivers all season long. Alex Torres and Dominique Wheeler lead the Red Raiders in the deepest position on the depth chart.​
    Tight Ends - C-
    The tight end position for the Red Raiders will be weak this season, the Red Raiders are going to look to build on this position but it may take a few years to do so.​
    Offensive Line - B
    The Texas Tech offensive line is lead by senior center, Deveric Gallington, a very tough center who will look to protect their passer. The experienced left side of the line will look to make sure that the younger right side will keep pace and protect, but don't overlook the experience as the freshman right tackle is very strong and will look to prove his starting position.​
    Defensive Line - C+
    One of the weakest defensive lines in the Big XII, the Red Raiders are going to have to make sure that they stay healthy here and stay strong. Look for this defense line to bring different attacks each week to make sure nothing gets past these 4 players.​
    Linebackers - C
    The Red Raiders linebacker corp is definitely going to look to keeping up this year, they are young and experienced both, but with a few lacking defensive features this could be another problem area for this team. Look for the coaching staff to rebuild this key area in the next few years.​
    Cornerbacks - B-
    A very experienced top 3 cornerbacks on this team, all seniors who will look to make sure their senior season is a success. Look for the Red Raiders to be hitting the recruiting boards hard to fill this spot next year, but look for the backbone of the defense for the 2012 season.​
    Safeties - B-
    A very well trained senior strong safety will look to backup his fellow secondary teammates this season as he heads in to his final season in Lubbock, Cody Davis an impact safety will lok to be gunning down wide receivers all season long, backed up by JJ Gaines a starting true freshman in the free safety position.​
    Special Teams - B
    A very well accurate punter will look to make sure when his name is called he does his job this season, along with a sophomore power kicker who will look to put up 3 and PAT's as needed this season for the Red Raiders.​

• Like Like x 1
  14. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Kansas State Football 2012-13 Preview
    "The Time Is Now"

Season Outlook:

The Kansas State Wildcats are coming off one of their best seasons in recent years, finishing with an 11-2 record and a trip to the Cotton Bowl where they would lose to Arkansas. Expectations are high this year, as the Cats look to win their first Big 12 title since 2003 first National Championship in school history. Legendary head coach Bill Snyder has once again retired, and Coach BakerWildcat7 looks to take over the reigns after a mediocre run with Pac-12 power USC. Coach Baker looks to bring a high flying offense and stout defense to Manhattan this season in hopes of playing for a NC in January.

Offense:

The Wildcats return one of college football's most dynamic weapons in Sr Qb Collin Klein, coming off one of the most prolific seasons in recent memory, Klein finished the year with 1,448 yds rushing and 27 tds, as well as 1,918 yds passing and 13 tds. Klein is considered a front runner for the heisman trophy this season and is on the preseason list for the Maxwell Award. He is joined in the backfield by Jr HB John Hubert who finshed last season with 1,034 yds on the ground and 3 tds. KSU's leading reciever is back and poised to make some noise after a solid season where he posted 547 yds and 5 td's. The o-line will be anchored by SR C BJ Kinney who is on the preseason short list for the Rimington Award.

Defense:

The Wildcat defense lost some key playmakers in CB David Garrett and SS Tysyn Hartman who is now with the Kansas City Chiefs, but they do return one of the nation's best linebackers in Sr MLB Arthur Brown. Brown is a front runner for the Nagurski and Bednarik Awards after posting a team-high 101 tackles last season. He is joined on the Nagurski and Bednarik list by CB Nigel Malone. Malone played the roll of ball hawk last season picking off oposing qb's 7 times with 1 td. Expect to see major contributions from other players such as FS Ty Zimmerman,DE Adam Davis,and DE Meshack Williams.

Special Teams:

Kicking duties will be handled this year by Jack Cantele, and kick returns will be taken care of by SO WR Tyler Lockett. Lockett started out last season like a rocket returnin kicks for 563 yds and 2 td's before a knee injury sidelined him for the remainder of the year.

Prediction:

The Cats have all the weapons in place to make a run at the Big 12 and National Title, I look for K-State to improve their record by one win and play for a BCS bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Stealing format from IBO
    Team Preview 2012-13
    Coaching Staff -
    LSUTRUTH takes over after Mike Gundy went insane and Bolted from the Oklahoma State football program. Coach Truth will bring a mixture of old school ground and pound and new school spread option to OSU. Coming with Truth is his trusted DC. This combo will bring back the 3-3-5 defense to Stillwater as the Cowboys look for defensive Improvement. Dont look for to much of a change in culture as Truth is crazy just like Gundy. The kids should buy in right away leading to a smooth transitional period. ​
    Offensive Playbook : DA U​
    Defensive Playbook : 3-3-5 ​
    Quarterbacks - B
    This could be the biggest question in the first season as Freshman Wes Lunt was declared the starter out fo the spring before Gundy bolted. Truth will reopen this competition. Look for RsFR JW Walsh to try and steal this job from Lunt as he is the better athlete of the group. However rsJR Clint Chelf will try and throw his nose into the race look for this battle to be between 2 young QBs in Lunt and Walsh.​
    Halfbacks - A
    Truth returns Joe Randle at RB. Randle is a slashing back with great balance and speed. Randle could set some of the best numbers seen since Barry Sanders played running back here in Stillwater. Randle a JR will be relieved by Jeremy Smith another great slashing back who can take any play to the house. Look to see alot of SR FB Kye Stanley knocking the crap out of people as well. ​
    Receivers - B+
    There are a crap ton of WR at OSU. Lead by Tracy Moore at 6'2 220 the OSU WR bring speed and strength to the table. While there are alot of young WR those guys will get to sit and watch Moore do his thing as he is a freak athlete. Another name to watch is Josh Stewart. OSU could have a nice tradition at WR building. ​
    Tight Ends - B
    Depth there is not at the TE position for OSU. There is senior Horton who is a better receiver than blocker. Then there is true freshman Zac Veatch. Stud athlete who will be asked to block more than he had thought. The good news is Truth loves his TE and he will recruit the crap out of them. Look for this number to spike next season.​
    Offensive Line - B
    Will return all of this seasons starters next year with exception to the C postion. That being said this group is very talented and will do a great job paving the way for Randle. SR C Lane Taylor will have to keep this young group on the right path with in game adjustments. If they can do that watch out. Depth is going to be needed however.​
    Defensive Line - C
    OSU features 3 starting SR at their DL. These guys have started next to no games combined and could be the death of OSU in games. The best of the group is DT Nicholas however he could be overtaken by Rodgers. Good news for this group is there is depth and the DL isnt expected to be great​
    Linebackers - B
    Truth loves Athletes at LB. This core has 3 great starting athletes at LB with some depth behind them. However this unit is lacking the playmakers it desires. Possible for an underclassman to steal a spot here. ​
    Secondary - A+
    2 of the top cover corners in the Big 12 return on Campus for OSU . Nickle corner Stephan is no slouch either. With Brown as the only SR look for this group to be very good the next season. FS is very talented the rsJR Lowe a great athlete at FS and could be the make or break player in the 3-3-5. Zach Craig and Isaac Maselera are a great 1-2 combo at the spur position. Both are underclassman with great skills. Look for OSU to be down right dirty in the back half of their secondary. ​
    Special Teams - B
    Truth loves his special teams. He has players to work with at returner but look for Smith to handle these duties. Sharp is a great punter and with a big Leg. Stonebraker is the question mark in these teams. Solid kicker with only an average Leg. ​

• Like Like x 1
  16. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Yup that's the kinda talent my hometown produces, Barry is our pride and joy! Lol Randle is actually a pretty cool dude, played ball with him a few times.... His big brother was a stud at KU a few years ago too....

17. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

[​IMG]

2012 Season Preview

Offense- B+

Backfield
    Its all about rsJR QB Logan Thomas and the success of the offense will rely heavily on him as he is the only skill position starter returning on offense. Thomas is a blend of Cam Newton and Ben Roethlisberger and is a projected early first round pick. Thomas has a strong arm, but is mobile enough to make plays on the run and is a load to take down at 265lbs. The RB position is young and inexperianced as no one on the roster has any game experiance. rsFR Michael Holmes will get the start with rsJR Tony Gregory backing up. True freshman JC Coleman and Drew Harris provide depth, but expect one to redshirt this year.

Recievers
    Having to replace the 2 all time leading wideouts will be no easy feet, but seniors Dyrell Roberts and Marcus Davis have game experiance. Fans have been waiting for Davis to break out as he is a freakish athlete standing 6' 4" 228lbs with deceptive speed. DJ Coles will fill the slot position, but the Hokies will be looking for wideout #4 to step up in their spread formations.

O-Line
    Biggest weakness on offense with only 1 returning starter in rsJR C Andrew Miller. The rest of the line is average at best. The rocket passer Thomas may turn into a scrambling QB if his line can not provide protection.

Defense- A+

D-Line
    All 4 starters return including the top 4 backups, providing both quality depth and experiance. rsJR DE James Gayle anchors this feared front and should be on several awards watch lists.

Linebackers
    Again all 3 starters including their backups return. rsSR MLB Bruce Taylor is among the nations best at his position and will be the heart of this potential dominant D.

Secondary
    2 starters return with JR CB Kendall Fuller filling the role as the next great Hokie DB. The only 2 new starters on the defensive side of the ball are at FS and SS, but with an experianced and dominant front 7 the prssure should be taken off of the unproven DB's.

Special Teams- B

In years past it has been known as Beamer ball, but with 1st year starters at both K and P the special teams may have to prove themselves all over again. The Hokies should have several viable options in the return game.

Overall- A

The Hokies have high hopes this year and fans in Blacksburg are expecting nothing less than a BCS Title this year. With a championship caliber defense; if the offense can click, their lofty goals may as well be attainable. Expect Logan Thomas to put the offense on his back and with his 6'6" 265lb frame, Thomas won't break a sweat on his way to filling that trophy case....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bl0ndeRedHead

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2012 Season Preview
    It's been a rough couple years for Tar Heel football faithful. In July of 2010, it was reported that the North Carolina football program was under investigation by the NCAA for involvement with sports agents, academic fraud, and inability to properly monitor their players off field actions. After the misconduct was found to be true, head coach and supposed savior to the program Butch Davis was promptly fired, the football program vacated all wins from 2008 and 2009 including bowl appearances, and placed the program on probation for three years. Interim coach Everett Withers did the best he could in his first year, taking the team to a winning record (7-5) even with all the scrutiny and difficulties to overcome after Butch Davis' tenure. But the North Carolina brass knew that Withers was not the future of Tar Heel football, and felt like they needed to re-brand the program with a new face to lead the team and put the past behind them. Enter coach Blonde Redhead, who left the San Jose State Spartan program after leading them to a winning season last year. Looking to bring a fiery attitude and smashmouth football back to Chapel Hill, Redhead was quite open about his opinions on what he wants to change about the Tar Heels.​
    "This has been a team that, over the past few years, has had tremendous talent. NFL caliber talent. Yet since 2007 the team has been 9 games under .500. That shows me that this team needs to have a winning mentality, and a fire in their belly. This needs to be a team, not a bunch of athletically gifted guys thinking about their own shot at the NFL. I aim to bring that mentality and a winning mindset to Chapel Hill with me from San Jose, not just bringing in the best talent and to try and get the best recruiting class."​
    Time will tell if Coach Redhead can turn things around for the Carolina squad, but if he could turn it around at San Jose State, who knows what will happen with North Carolina.​

Schedule
    Luckily for Coach Redhead, the Tar Heels out of conference schedule is somewhat easy, with home games against an FCS school, East Carolina, and Idaho. Their lone road game against a non-ACC opponent will be a trip to Kentucky to face the Louisville Cardinals, which should be a good early challenge for North Carolina. Unfortunately for the Tar Heels, they only have one game to get all the kinks out before conference play starts with an early Week 2 ACC opener down the road in Winston-Salem to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, which should be quite the early battle between these in-state universities. The North Carolina schedule is very top heavy, with the first 3 conference games being at Wake Forest, home for Virginia Tech, then at Miami the week after. If the Tar Heels can win 2 of those 3 games, they should be in good shape for a shot at the division title with Duke, NC State, Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Maryland rounding out the schedule.

Coaching
    Coach Redhead will be bringing a multiple attack offensive system over from San Jose State with the Kansas State playbook. Featuring a wide array of shotgun formations, along with lots of ace, some pistol, heavy I formations, and even a wildcat cameo from time to time, the offense should be able to figure out some way to beat the defense, it's all a matter of if Coach Redhead can make the adjustments needed on the fly depending on what the defense is giving him. Speaking of defense, Coach Redhead has declared that he will not be using the 4-2-5 that the Tar Heels have been using for several years and switching back to a more traditional 4-3 look on defense. The Tar Heels already have the talent to run that defense, but could use some more depth for it. Within a couple seasons the defense should find its groove.

[​IMG]
    Offense: B+
    Quarterbacks: B
    Returning starter Bryn Renner displayed some real talent in his first season as the starter last year, throwing for over 3,000 yards with a 68.3% completion rate and a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. While still needing some room for improvement, Renner has shown he has the talent to be a great QB for the Tar Heels these next two years. Even though his arm strength isn't at an elite level, his accuracy is. Couple that with solid athleticism, size, and good decision making, and Renner has all the tools to lead the Tar Heels to a division title and a shot at an ACC Championship. In case of injury, UNC has a capable backup in (RS)FR Marquise Williams, who is almost identical to Renner in ability, size, and style of play, albeit nowhere near as accurate. But as a freshman, the coaching staff is looking forward to having Williams start a couple years down the road.​
    Running Backs: A-
    Undisputedly the most talented player on the team is SO halfback Giovani Bernard, who ran for 1,253 yards with 13 TD and a 5.2 YPC. He also caught 45 balls out of the backfield, proving he is one of the top dual-threat halfbacks in college football. He is built like an ox at 5'10 205, with great lower body strength while still having top end speed and acceleration. Expect Bernard to be the real workhorse in the backfield, but also expect backup AJ Blue to get plenty of touches around the goal line with his 6'2 230 frame at halfback.​
    Receivers/Tight Ends: B
    Without SR Eric Highsmith, this group would be a B- at best, but more likely a C+. Most of the receivers are underclassmen, and Highsmith will get plenty of opportunities to make a name for himself this year. His 6'3 height with great speed and acceleration gives him advantages all over the field, and he also has solid hands as well as being a great route runner. There is talent to be found elsewhere though, with SO TJ Thorpe having great speed, and SR Jheraine Boyd having good hands.​
    Offensive Line: B-
    There is no one outstanding lineman on this team, but there is also no real weaknesses at any one spot either, with the entire group having roughly the same talent and capabilities. The line is very senior-laden, but SO center Russell Boone has a shot at being a great lineman by the time he graduates.​
    Defense: B

Defensive Line: B-
    DT Sylvester Williams looks to be a force with amazing strength and a 6'3 320 body to fill up the gaps inside and be a force against the run. The ends, though not NFL caliber players, will still be able to give the occasional pressure and sack, while still having the ability to help against the run. FR end Tyler Alberts, who won't get too much playing time this year, has a real shot to be the next great defensive lineman for the Tar Heels.​
    Linebackers: B+
    Led by star MLB Kevin Reddick, this linebacking corps doesn't have one flat foot in the bunch, and quite a few of them can also lay down the wood as well as chase down backs and tight ends. True freshman OLB Shakeel Rashad is the touted defensive recruit for this class, but likely won't see the field too often. But SO Norkeithus Otis will get the chance to prove if he can turn into the linebacker they think he's going to be.​
    Defensive Backs: B
    There isn't too much depth at cornerback, but SO Tim Scott will get a chance to prove if he can turn into a star this year, as he will be asked to cover the other team's best receiver week in and week out this year. JR free safety Tre Boston is the best DB on the team, and should lead the team in INTs and TKLs from the DB group. The only weakness in coverage for UNC is at SS, where DJ Dunn will be starting. He has speed, but is very raw and might get burned a few times this season.​
    Special Teams: B-
    Both the punter and kicker are sophomores, and both have decent leg strength. They have time to get better though, and come a couple years from now they should be one of the top special teams squads in the conference.​
    Overall: B+
    This team has talent where they need it most, at the skill positions. Yes, there are several guys that will be graduating and maybe heading to the NFL, but this team isn't necessarily built for this season, with their best offensive players coming back most likely for next year. The Tar Heels shouldn't expect to get blown out in any games this season, as they have the ability to put up a fight against even the toughest opponents they face.​
    Season Outlook:
    Expectations aren't that high for the Tar Heels this year, with a new head coach and some tough NCAA violations to try and put in the rear view mirror. But with a somewhat easy schedule, the folks at Chapel Hill are at least expecting a run at an ACC Coastal title. This team is built for the future though, so anything better than last year's 7-5 record is a step in the right direction.​
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BennettForce

BennettForce Walk On

[​IMG]
    2012 Season Preview
    Coach Bennett comes in as a relative unknown to the great talent here at Tradition Sports, he does bring a pedigree of National Championships from United Leagues, but this holds no water here at the Legendary Veterans. He does have a history with Hokie Effect back in the days when he was a commissioner and player, these days with two kids he has less and less time to be on the sticks. But enough about Coach Bennett lets take a look at this year's Oklahoma Sooner Football Team.
    Expectations: Oklahoma enters as one of the strongest teams overall in this year's NCAA they have no real weakness and their strengths are numerous, how will they adjust to the competition here at Legendary Veterans, they have been picked anywhere from atop the rankings to the bottom of the barrel. Fans of the Sooners feel the only way they lose a game is if they come in to the game over confident and unfocused, something they will be fighting against all year. This promises to be an interesting year stay tuned to see how it all plays out!
    Oklahoma Playbooks Offense: Kentucky's Playbook Defense: 4-3
    Players to Watch

LombardiBen Habern
    Gabe Ikard
    Corey Nelson
    MaxwellLandry Jones
    Kenny Stills
    Dominique Whaley
    NagurskiDemontre Hurst
    Tony Jefferson
    Tom Wort
    GrozaMichael Hunnicutt
    BednerikDemontre Hurst
    Tony Jefferson
    OutlandBen Habern
    Gabe Ikard
    ThorpeTony Jefferson ButkusTom Wort
    RemingtonBen Habern
    BiletnikoffKenny Stills

• Like Like x 1
  20. IrishBearcat

21. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

Team Preview 2012-13
    Coaching Staff -
    Uno Broncos takes over for Mack Brown at Texas LongHorns football program. Coach Bronco will bring a mixture of old school ground and pound. I will bring back the 4-3 defense to Texas as the look for defensive Improvement. Dont look for to much of a change in culture as Truth is crazy just like Gundy. The kids should buy in right away leading to a smooth transitional period.
    Uno X Broncos takes over after Mack Brown who couldn't get the job done and Bolted from the
    Offensive Playbook : Wisconsin
    Defensive Playbook : 4-3
    Quarterbacks - B+
    This could be the biggest question in the first season as Sophomore David Ash is declared the starter out for the spring. Bronco could reopen this competition. With Case McCoy still in the picture for the starting job, David Ash needs to play good.
    Halfbacks - A
    Bronco has a extremely talented RB core. Malcolm Brown is a Sophomore slashing back with great balance and speed. With True Freshman speedster Dale Johnson could be the Home Run threat. Malcolm Brown a SO will be taking the load with Dale Johnson as the Back up.
    Receivers - A
    There are a crap ton of WR at Texas. Lead by Jaxon Shipley at 6'1 190 Ibs the Texas WR bring speed and strength to the table. While there are alot of young WR those guys will get to sit and watch Shipley and Davis do Their thing. Another name to watch is Marquise Goodwin. Texas could have a nice tradition at WR building.
    Tight Ends - B
    Depth there is not at the TE position for Texas. There is senior Matthews who is a better blocker than Receiver. Then there is true RS freshman MJ McFarland. who will be asked to block more than he had thought. The good news is Bronco utilizes his TE and he will recruit the crap out of them. Look for this number to spike next season.
    Offensive Line - A
    Stacked with talent in every position this team could have best offensive line come 2 years from now. That being said this group is very talented and will do a great job paving the way for Brown. Strong left side of the line could be the focus to where to run the ball.
    Defensive Line - A
    Texas features probably second best defensive in the game staring JR Jackson Jeffcoat at their DL. These guys have started next to all games combined and could be the strong point of Texas in games. The best of the group is DT Depth he could be overtaken by Aston Dorsey. But with Star Potential Malcom Brown is a man to watch out for.
    Linebackers - A
    Bronco loves playmakers at LB. This core has 3 great starting athletes at LB with some depth behind them. With a lot of Depth at LB we could see a Star powered tandem of LB and DL in the not so distant Future.
    Secondary - A+
    2 of the top cover corners in the Big 12 return on Campus for Texas. Probably the best duo in College Football Carrington Byndom and Quandre Diggs could set the bar high in the Big 12. Nickel corner Josh Turner is no slouch either. With the duo young and talented look for this group to be very good the next season. FS is very talented the SR Kenny Vaccaro is going to be the heart of the Texas Defense. Phillips a great athlete at SS and could be the make or break player in the 4-3.Kenny Vaccaro and Adrian Phillips are a great 1-2 combo at the spur position. Look for Texas to be down right dirty in the back half of their secondary.
    Special Teams - B+
    Bronco is going to start a true freshman at Kick Nick Jordan and will have high expectations in the future. He has players to work with at returner but look for Goodwin to handle these duties. SR Alex King is a Solid punter and with a big Leg.

22. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Way to forget to edit out the minor stuff about me being crazy

• Like Like x 1
  23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

[​IMG]
    Team Preview for 2012 - NC State

Judging by the age of the stars of this NC State team, the time to make a move is now. The Wolfpack come in with Senior QB Mike Glennon and Senior HB James Washington. Both figure to contribute significantly to the success of the team. Coach Parrothead stated that "This team will go as far as Glennon and Washington can take us." For NC State fans, the hope is that the road is long, and it will be with powerhouse Florida State on their side of the division, as well as an opener with Tennessee that shouldn't be overlooked.

Defensively, you're looking at a pretty experienced group. Seven starters return from last season's team, and while that one wasn't one to write home about, the Pack did finish the season up on a pretty solid tear. Leading the way on this side of the ball is preseason All-American CB David Amerson. "If Amerson can cover like I think he can, we can effectively shut down 1/3 of the field from the get go. Of course, that just means the rest of the DB's need to step up their game."

The schedule doesn't do NC State too many favors. As mentiond before, the Pack start off on the road against Tennessee (game in Atlanta) and follow it up with a trip to up and coming UConn. They'll open ACC play at Miami and then face FSU before the bye week. It doesn't get any easier after that, with back to back road games at Maryland and at UNC (it's only a 30 minute drive, but that Carolina blue looks nothing like the red and white of Carter Finley Stadium!).

As far as the outlook for the season goes, the bulk of it rests on Glennon. If he plays up to his ability, NC State has a shot at the ACC title. They definitely can't afford any slip-ups, though, as FSU and Clemson could easily put the Pack in the dust in the Atlantic division.

24. Bl0ndeRedHead

25. IrishBearcat

I wanted to do mine last. :)