Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by RyanC, Sep 6, 2013.

1. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Step your preview game up ;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Good shit buddy!

3. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

4. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

[​IMG]

UCONN HUSKIES 2013-'14 TEAM PREVIEW

The University of Connecticut Huskies have brought in a new head coach for the 2013-'14 season. Coach Cody Erwin was brought in this season after a dismal finish for the Huskies last year. Coach Erwin was the head coach at Oglethorpe County High School from 2010-2013. In his tenure at OCHS, he was 39-0 with 3 Georgia State Championships. The University of Connecticut contacted Coach Erwin about the job in late 2012 and he immediately accepted. Coach Erwin ran an up-tempo, spread offense at OCHS and plans to implement the same spread option type of attack with the Huskies. With a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball, this offensive minded coach should have no problems making waves in the AAC.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Head Coach: Mike Daher
    Recruiting Goal: Beef up the O-line and D-line
    Defense: I will be starting off with a 3-4 defense for the first year because my team does not have enough depth or skill on the front line to run the 4-3 like I would like to. I will be recruiting players to eventually go to a 4-3.
    Offense: I do not have enough depth to spread the field like I would like to either, so I will focus more on 2 - 3 WR sets as well as working both TEs into the equation. First year I look to be pretty balanced and play very safe. Try to put this team in good situations and not force turnovers.
    Position Battles during offseason and first two games: Senior QB, Garrett Grayson, will be battling Junior Conner Smith. Grayson is a more athletic option for CSU, but Conner Smith has a much more natural throwing motion and may steal the starting job if he plays well. He is more suited for Coach Daher's safe approach the first season.

Both RBs will be fighting to be the feature back, but they both are about the same in ability. They will both get plenty of action this season until one becomes the star.

• Like Like x 1