Team Previews

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Oct 15, 2013.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Well, you're the new man in charge. Some of you have juggernauts while others have a rebuilding job on your hands. What do you plan to bring to your program? What immediate and long-term changes do you want to implement? Give us the scoop!

• Like Like x 1
  2. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

th.jpeg

Kenny Powers new head man at Stanford
    With the sudden departure of David Shaw, Stanford moved in a surprising direction hiring former MLB relief pitcher and controversial personality Kenny Powers as their new head football coach. Known for his abrassive personality, and extreme love of all things Kenny, many critics are criticizing the move to the guy with no known football background. Skip Bayless on first take called the move " A publicity stunt" saying " The Cardinal dropped the ball on this one. I wouldn't send my kid to play for the vulgar and party animal coach. Im shocked the program would go in this direction after the great hires of Harbaugh and Shaw". Many around the country agree, but we had the opportunity to talk to the new man in charge and he wasnt at a loss for words.
    "Kenny Powers is a winner. I look at the Stanford program the same way I look at my wife April, a big breasted opportunity im going to take straight to the top,and Kenny Powerd has always been a tit man. Im highly successful unlike that lame ass Skip Bayless, whose only claim to fame is being Michael Cera's sperm donor." Said the new stanford coach. When asked about his football experience and what qualified him for the job his response was interesting. "Look Im all things athletic. Im pretty much thr best madden player in the major leagues. I was winning games and taking money from all the big league stars. Albert pujols couldn't do shit on my cover 2 zone or stop my amazing score at will offense. Seriously though we do have all the pieces in place to really play some good football, going to have a nice offense of the pro style variety, and run a sound 3-4 scheme our first year. Not to mention my assistant Stevie will give all the fans a laugh when he runs his goofy ass out to get the tee every time we kick off." When asjed for a prediction on where his team would finish Powers didn't display his typical arrogance saying "Im not going to guarantee any type of win total screw that noise. I will say we are going to go out there every Saturday and cause some hell. Just know when you see our big ass tree mascot guy that looks like some drug paraphernalia that we are there to kick some ass. One last thing before I walk away from this lame ass interview, David Shaw.... Youre f*c king out!" Well what does the future hold for Stanford? There is no telling, but I can assure you, it will be very entertaining.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG]

QB: Senior Keith Price has a good mix of mobility and ability to complete passes. While the offense will ask him to make smart decisions with the ball it wont rely on his arm or accuracy to make plays down field. We want him to get the ball into the hands of other play makers in space.

HB: Junior Bishop Sankey is a very talented and balanced back who is just as likely to run through a defender as he is to run over one. He will be a big part of the offense this season and is looking to cement himself as a key part of the offense.

WR: Junior Kasen Williams is the #1 Wideout, great hands and the ability to go up and get the ball at the highest point. Senior Kevin Smith is the #2, a very dependable target . Sophomore Jaydon Mickens is in the slot, while not as dependable with his hands, he is the most athletic wideout in the group and should be a playmaker.

TE: Junior Austin Sefer-Jenkins is arguably the best Tight End in all of college football. He does it all and can do it all at a high level.

OL: The line is going to be tested this season, in a new scheme they will have to adjust quickly, but the group is all relatively young and all Juniors, so hopefully being in the same class will help with chemistry and the transition. They are a bit undersized for my liking as only one of the starters is above the 300 pound mark.

DE: Junior Josh Shirley is a rush left end and is quite good at getting off blocks, while Junior RE Hau'Oli Kikaha is a little more of a space eater, but he will hold his own on that side and if he does his job the defense will fair well.

DT: Junior Danny Shelton is a big ugly at 6'1 317 and he has the skills to be a disruptive force down in the middle, paired with him will be Junior Lawrence Lagafuaina, Lawrence is getting the nod over Senior Sione Potoa'e because they are similar from a skill standpoint but Lawrence out weighs him by about 40 pounds at 6'0 317. So a big interior line for this defense is what we want.

OLB: Senior Princeton Fuimaono is a solid strong side linebacker and has the tools to be succesful in nearly any spot we put him,Sophomore Travis Feeny is a rangy sideline to sideline defender and will be the ROLB.

MLB: Junior John Timu is everything you want in a MLB as he has speed while not sacrificing size with his 6'1 231 pound frame. If he goes down expect to see Senior Thomas Tutogi and his 6'0 242 pounds, also a very solid LB.

CB: The squad that worries me the most is the CBs, None are really starting caliber, but we have a few young guys who should develop nicely. We need to hit the trail hard though.

FS: Sean Parker is an All-PAC FS , just as good in man coverage as he is in zone and can come down and help in run support.

SS: Paired with Parker will be the big Shaq Thompson , at 6'2 225 he is a beast and has the positional skills to be something special .

This Washington team has some growing to do, but they can make some noise the in PAC 12 and once they mature they will be a force. Coach Buc's job is to ensure that from year to year we keep raising that bar and become the premiere program of the PAC 12.

• Like Like x 3
  4. IrishBearcat

First overall pick looking sexy AF! I really like the Price to Williams combo. Should be one of the top in the Pac-12.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]

OREGON DUCKS 2013 SEASON PREVIEW

[​IMG]

Can the Oregon Ducks sustain success with the departure of Chip Kelly?

QUARTERBACK
    Marcus Mariota will be the centerpiece of the offense. The sophomore has a solid arm (84 THP 81 THA) and great speed for his position (SPD, AGI, & ACC all 88+). Early season hype has Mariota pegged as one of the Heisman favorites going into the season.

RUNNINGBACK
    DeAnthony Thomas is arguably the best player on the Oregon football team, and is definitely one of the top explosive playmakers in the country. His speed, acceleration, and agility (99, 98, 98) are elite. This was another offensive player who received Heisman hype last year and has garnered similar recognition.

RECEIVERS
    More elite playmakers for the Oregon offense. Josh Huff earned all-conference honors last season for being one of the best receivers in the country. Tight End Colt Layerla (96 OVR) is another stud who will create major matchup nightmares for opposing defenses.

OFFENSIVE LINE
    The offensive line boasts a young but extremely talented group (87, 89, 94, 89, 85 L->R). They are slightly better pass blockers but can definitely push opposing defensive lines around with great run blocking skills as well.

DEFENSIVE LINE
    Defensive end Taylor Hart leads the unit as a senior (95 OVR). Two senior defensive tackles (89, 89 OVR) will anchor the middle of the 4-3 defense.

LINEBACKERS
    Outside linebackers Lokombo and (92) and Malone (85) will start alongside sophomore middle linebacker Joe Walker (86). All three are coverage-oriented linebackers which is crucial to make the 4-3 defense work.

DEFENSIVE BACKS
    Corner Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (96) will provide major leadership in the secondary that has plenty of talent. Senior strong safety Brian Jackson (90) is a head banger with corner speed and coverage skills.

PREDICTION
    With a tough schedule Oregon will win just enough games at 10-2 to clinch the North and secure a bid in the Pac-12 Championship game. A victory would send them to their 4 consecutive BCS bowl. I like the Ducks chances of winning 11 games this year.