TEAM PREVIEWS

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by RynoAid, Jan 20, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Post a write up about your teams make up this year at each position and what the expectation for your program this year is.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

YEAR 6 Wisconsin Badgers:

Quarterbacks
    We have 3 potential starters here and this is a great strength for us.
    • JR - Tony Fox - 99 OVR, 92 THP, 97 THA, 77 SPD. He is our #1 starter
    • JR - Major Fields - 99 OVR, 90 THP, 90 THA, 90 SPD, 75 CTH. He is our backup be he is been a monster as a Slot Receiver. He will continue to play there unless something happens to Mr Fox.
    • SR - Quinton Micheals - 97 OVR, 84 THP, 98 THA, 80 SPD. He is our Chad Pennington. Hopefully he never has to start.
    Running Backs
    He have a true horse/stud at HB and he will carry the ball alot to keep the ball out of opposing defenses.

• SR - David Jones - 96 OVR, 98 SPD, 98 BTK, 98 STA. He is a run between the tackles runner and loves contact. He had a season ending injury on the 1st carry in week 3. He needs to prove himself this season to get a nice draft spot. We have no real depth here. He is the one man.
    Wide Receivers
    Well everyone knows here at Wisconsin we have the most dangerous weapon in The Tradition.

• SR - Ken Lewis - 99 OVR, 99 SPD, 99 ACC, 99 CTH, 99 RTR, 99 AWR, 99 REL. There is not much to say here. Who ever plays Wisconsin will have to account for this guy running streaks all game long. The rest of the receivers are a mere supporting cast. You will see Major Fields with the 2nd best passing stats for Wisconsin.
    Tight Ends
    Well we only have 1 and he is a RS Freshman. Very weak position for the Badgers.

• FR - Luke Thomas - 79 OVR, 81 SPD, 75 CTH, 86 JMP, 83 RBK. He is a solid TE but is not ready to start. He is getting throw to the wolves here. Lets see how he performs.
    Offensive Line
    We have a solid large oline all over 300 lbs. David Jones will be happy. Let us spotlight the 2 guards.

• SR - LG Derron London - 96 OVR, 99 AWR, 97 RBFS, 93 STR. 6'3 310
    • SR - RG Wes Johnson - 99 OVR, 99 AWR. 6'2 300
    Defensive Line
    We are weak at DT and will force us to stick with the 3-4 defense. We have 2 strong athletic DEs.

• SO - Akeem Cunningham - 90 OVR, 95 PUR, 79 SPD. He is more of a run stopper with his big 254 lb frame.
    • JR - Jermaine Stanely - 84 OVR, 91 PUR, 82 SPD. He lead the team in sacks last year with 9. I am expecting him to add 2-3 more to that number. Hopefully vs Purdue.
    Line Backers
    We have been historically strong in this department. We lost David Houston to the pros. He was out anchor MLB. It will be a tough loss. I loved that pixelated beast!

• SR - OLB Xavier Baker - 88 OVR, 88 SPD, 99 ACC, 85 PUR, 85 PREC. He is a solid backer who rarely makes mistakes. He will be the brains on defense. (white)
    • SR - MLB Kevin Nolan - 91 OVR, 87 SPD, 92 HPW, 92 BSH. A transfer who played #2 MLB last season. He was very good but mostly controlled by me. I wont be controlling him this year. Lets see how he performs on his own.
    • SO - OLB Jermaine Thompson - 89 OVR, 87 SPD, 89 MCV, 88 ZCV. 6'4 230 he is a beast on defense. He will probably be moved to MLB next season and will be in on all passing defensive Formations
    Secondary
    Wisconsin's Weakness since the day Coach JMS was born. Let us take a look at some of the playmakers?
    • SO - CB Mike Mason - 83 OVR, 94 SPD, 93 MCV, 87 ZCV, 70 CTH. He a play maker on defense and he does take chances. He could win a few games by himself this season.
    • JR - SS Kellen Bell - 82 OVR, 97 SPD, 95 TCK, 87, HPW. He is pretty bad a pass defense but the guy can lay some pipe on HBs and anyone else coming in his pass. He forced 5 fumbles last season. I am hoping for a repeat performance.
    Wisconsin is primed for a title run....again. The offense is near perfect besides the lack of a Tight End. The defense, as usual is suspect. It really comes down to whether we can beat Purdue. Lately that answer is a big FAT NO!! We will keep trying. Next season this team will fall off the face of the earth. The team actually recruiting more studs when were a 4 and 5 star team. Every since we moved to 6 star we have not signed any play makers. I don't get it. If we have another dude of a class.....that will be the end of the Badgers for NCAA 2011.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Year 6 Cincinnati Bearcats​
    QB:​
    -Starter: JR Justin Goolsby (79 ovr) -- After last years starter JJ Rawlins (88 ovr) abruptly left for the NFL to forgo his senior season and backup Muchie Legaux graduated I wasn't left with much. Goolsby has good speed and acceleration which are necessary for my offense, but he isn't the most accurate passer.​
    -Backup: SR Brian Daniels (79 ovr) -- Daniels is an accurate pocket passer with a noodle for an arm. He isn't a good fit for my offense but may have to step in if Goolsby gets hurt.​
    HB: Massive depth at this position and carries could be split between up to 4 players​
    -Starter: JR Brian Dudley (83 ovr) -- Dudley has had two 1000 yard seasons already and is an excellent fit for this offense with his blend of size and speed and is also good out of the backfield as a receiver.​
    -Backup: SR CJ Ashley (80 ovr) -- A smaller version of Dudley. Very similar running style but not quite as good out of the backfield​
    -Backup: SO Mark Kent (79 ovr) -- Kent is another awesome blend of power and speed and is even better than Dudley out of the backfield, he will probably see more carries than Ashley​
    -Backup: FR Jared Gibson (73 ovr) -- Gibson is the future of the team. His skills are on par with Dudley and Kent but his youth and the depth at the position will keep him from seeing significant playing time. Still, he is the best receiver in the group.​
    FB:​
    -Starter: SR Sam Henderson (78 ovr) -- Very good blocker and great short yardage guy. Could get some goal line carries in his senior season.​
    WR:​
    -Starters: SRs John Oliver (91 ovr) and Justin Wilson (85 ovr) lead the group after having successful seasons behind Parish and Lewis the two years prior. Both are big bodied possession receivers.​
    -Slot: Damien Jenkins (83 ovr) -- Jenkins is a flat out game breaker with his 99 speed. His hands have improved significantly and he looks to provide consistent offense in his first significant role with the team.​
    -4th WR: 4 guys competing here, all of whom have great speed but sub-par hands.​
    TE:​
    -Starter: SR Martin Wheeler (75 ovr) -- Wheeler is a great receiver but a sub-par blocker and doesn't have great speed.​
    -Backup: JR Robert Williams (73 ovr) -- Williams is a massive guy at 6'8 230 and is a well rounded blocker and decent receiver.​
    Offensive Line:​
    - The line looks really strong with the exception of LG. Both tackles are 90 ovr. This is the most important unit if Cinci wants to have any success this season with a mediocre quarterback.​
    Defensive Line:​
    - This unit is very weak. Decent DT in Andy Carter (80 ovr) will anchor the 3-4 alignment, but the ends leave a lot to be desired.​
    Linebackers:​
    - There is a lot of young talent at the position but its going to take some time for that to develop. Linebackers Mike Hester (83 ovr) and Kevin Denman (80 ovr) will anchor the group.​
    CBs:​
    -We added some great young talent here last offseason but that impact wont be seen this season. SO Jason Johnson (83 ovr) is already a shut down corner and SR Mike Lewis (81 ovr) had a great offseason after getting torched last season. After that there is a steady drop off so the players who perform the best in practice will see the field.​
    S:​
    Starers: FS Chris Williams (81 ovr) and SS Michael Dawson (83 ovr) both return from productive seasons last year but hopefully wont have to be as involved in every play as there were before.​
    K:​
    -Freshman Dre Archie (64 ovr) has his work cut out for him....​
    P:​
    -SO Ray Robinson (54 ovr) flat out sucks...​
    The team is more talented than last year, but loosing QB Rawlins to the draft really hurt. The offense shouldn't suffer too badly with a great offensive line and elite receivers and running backs. The defense is where the most improvement was made. The corners made a big jump during the offseason and the switch to a 3-4 defense should really help maximize the talent. A Big East title isn't out of the realm of possibility.​

• Like Like x 3
  4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

UCLA BRUINS

QB

Jeff Banks RS Jr 99 overall: Banks is a big framed QB with a strong enough arm 89 and he is very accurate 95. Had a huge soph season is 44 tds and 4400 yards.. He is a franchise QB.

Tavares Cool RS Fr 85 overall: A carbon copy of Banks with a stronger arm 92 with 87 acc

RB

Dan Thomas RS Jr 93 overall: Doesnt look like much on paper 88 speed, but he is powerfull and elusive for a big kid. Has produced 1000 + yards and 20+ tds in both his seasons at UCLA.

Corey Dickens RS Soph 84 overall: Kid has it all, speed 95 and str and size. He has struggled with fumbles and injuries. He was maybe going to start this season until a inj and 3 fumbles almost cost us the Sugar Bowl.

Jason Huffman RS Jr 80 overall: Speed and agility 96 and 91, whenever we have given him a chance to play he has been lights out. We gotta find a way to get him on the field more. Sometimes overall doesnt tell the whole story..this kid is living proff of that. He won the Sugar bowl for us with his 100+ and 4 tds.

FB

Steven Hicks RS Sr 86 overall: Not a special player and hasnt improved much.

Drew "turd" Ferguson RS Fr 85 overall: Pushing hard for that starting spot....may earn it in spring camp. He will get a shot to play early this season and we will see how it goes.

WR

Ricky Thomas RS Jr 99 overall: Not flashy 88 speed....but man can this kid get open and catch the ball. He consistantly makes great catches.

Demario Lambert Soph 88 overall: Fantastic as a freshman good speed 93 and acc 99 help him get open. Decent hands at 87 and abilty to get off the lind and get open make this kid a tough cover for anyone.

Reggie Adams RS Jr. 83 overall: Physically there isnt a more imposing WR in the NCAA 6'3 240 pounds with great ability to make tough grabs and drop the easy ones.

Gavin Mcrea RS Soph 87 overall: The former Ath has turned into a heck of a WR, last season against Cal he single handedly kept us close. He was solid all season long.

TE

Ian Logan RS Sr 85 overall: Big and reliable, can block some and catch the ball. He isnt the gamebreaker we need at TE.

Both back ups will be lucky to see the field, they both stink.

OLINE

LT Kyle Robertson RS Sr 85 overall: First year for him getting to play...we arent sure what he is....but his overall has us a bit scared. He will be fighting for this spot with RS Freshman Jesse Malone 83 overall: we wanted to swap him to LT but didnt get it done in time and so he will have to switch over from RT to LT...he is a physical freak 76 speed 84 str 99 acc 66 awr is a tad scarey. Pass blocking is his Str so the left side will suit him better.

LG Randy Green Sr 96 overall: A four year starter who is fantastic in all phases. He is fast 74 speed 85 str and 99 awr. This kid can block.

C Jesse Moore RS Fr 82 overall: At 5'11 298 pounds he is a fire plug at C. Good speed 72 str 82 and awr for a freshman 74. He will be decent and will get better. We will also take a long look at RS Fr LG Renardo Carpenter 86 overall: 76 sp 86 str 96 acc and just a bull in the ground game at 6'4 309 pounds with high 80's run block ratings..but Renardo is destined to move back to G after Green & Newberry leave for the NFL following this season.

RG Chad Newberry Sr 94 overall: Another four year starter who is fantastic 75 speed 94 str 99 awr. He can run and block and you arent going to fool him.

RT Shannon Harrell RS Jr 93 overall: He doenst wow you with his ath skills 62 speed 77 acc & 78 str but he really makes up for it with his technique and smarts 90+ blocking skills and 90 awr.

Defensive write up to come tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I feel it could be another 2-3 loss season for the Huskies.. That's assuming I don't lose 5 games to the cpu because we can't pass the ball whatsoever. We have horrible wide receivers but a great young TE that we think will do a lot of damage right off the bat. I'm worried, but think we could surprise as well. Our biggest issue is a lack of depth. There are a few positions where if anybody gets hurt we're screwed.
    QB
    Starter: Greg Baker - The 6'5" 199 lbs. Baker has a cannon for an arm, is a true sophomore 86 OVR 97 THP 86 THA
    Backups: Cameron Vogel is 80 OVR and is the backup, true freshman Jason Kelly is the third stringer. If Baker goes down we're in trouble.

HB
    Starter: Stephen Wilson - 5'11" 219 lbs. Wilson is a speedster but doesn't have great stamina and tends to fumble occasionally. I love his size/speed combination and he's 88 OVR as a redshirt Junior so he qualifies as a solid starter. The backups are Brian Wright, a true soph. newcomer who has a good combination of running ability and receiving ability (our 4th WR). and Anthony Daniel, a pure speed back who I don't trust at all. If Wilson goes down our season is probably over. Anytime we have a game in hand he is out immediately.
    FB - We're terrible here, but have an athletic backup TE to play there who has solid ratings and should be a good blocker.

WR - Depressing Senior Lawrence Barnes has made a few big plays in his career, he is a "build up speed" guy who is fast once he reaches his top end. Tyler Wilson is a JUCO transfer who is big, physical, and has good skills. Then we have two identical smallish possession receivers. HB Brian Wright will play here, he is very versatile.

TE
    Starter: E.J. Webster - 6'1" 236 - Our prize recruit is 78 OVR, 84 SPD, 75 STR, 89 CTH, 87 SPC. I expect him to occupy the freshman All American position at the very least. He is easily our most dangerous target right off the bat, since we suck so horribly at WR.
    Backups are George Allen who has had a very solid career and is a good blocker, and Brandon Randolph who is big/physical but can't catch a cold and will play mostly FB this year.

OL: The starters on our OL range from 81 OVR (weak link true freshman Ryan Johnson, who I think is an absolute animal) to 93 OVR Trai Kelly, a junior who is the best lineman I've had since we started this. It's solid and should be really good next year. Still pales in comparison to the really good ones but we make do here at UW.

DE: Senior Jimmy Hamby is a physical player, 86 OVR 93 STR. Junior LE Darren Arnold, 89 OVR, is more of a pure pass rusher. The backups are pretty solid. Not our worst position.

DT: Senior DT Eric Johnson (6'0" 266 lbs) has made a lot of great plays in his career so at this point we trust him despite his lack of size. But obviously we don't have a dominator. CoSTarter Brett Huff (5'11 309) is a fire hydrant type, he will be a guy we look to replace by a pool of average backups if he doesn't produce.

OLB: Freshmen John Brooks (76, good athlete), and John Butler (77, good athlete) are in the mix, as is sophomore Gary Fields, 82 OVR. THey're all sort of interchangeable, and we will make an effort to see who is actually playing best and move them around. Nothing special obviously.

MLB
    Starter: Ron Flynn, 6'1" 201 lbs, 87 OVR SOPH - Had a great season as a true freshman, showing a surprising ability to defeat offensive line blocks and coming away with 12 sacks. He will need to have another solid season, although 5-star true Freshman Alan Chandler makes a nice backup if he is needed but will likely redshirt. David Nobles is a 72 OVR Junior that will come in occasionally.

CB: We're atrocious here. We have Wes Baker, a senior who has made 13 INT in his career and 8 in one season. He's not a shut-down guy at all (86 OVR) and not that fast. It just falls off from there. We will be attacked all year by teams' passing games and they'll have no fear of our secondary.

FS: RS FR Dustin Wilson (79 OVR, 85 Speed, 6'4") will be the starter. NO idea what to expect out of him.

SS Senior Kenton Smith (86 OVR, 6'0" 182) has great speed and is a huge hitter with good hands. Can he put all that talent together and have a breakout season for us? obviously he is not a superstar but it would be good to have a guy that makes plays on a game to game basis.

K/P Chores are handled by last year's Lou Groza award winner and pride of the Husky football team, what's-his-name.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wow that's an incredible offensive squad especially, but very dangerous on defense. I want to see Wisconsin and Pitt in the National Title game this season... I know I wont' get there. And that TE you have is sick. I don't see how you don't see that. He will be really good as a checkdown guy. The fact that you have such dangerous weapons and don't NEED to use him makes him all the more dangerous and useful.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah offense is amazing....I love it. I have had trouble with freshman TE's dropping alot of balls. Counting on them on some 3rd downs is usually an iffy affair.

But my secondary is on par or worse than yours. Mike Mason is my only cover guy. Bell is terrible at pass coverage. I actually find myself playing 3-4 exclusively to make sure my #3 and #4 CBs never have to actually play.

The issue is that I as a USER make mistakes when I have the ball and with the defense that is so vulnerable to the pass, 1 mistake can end the whole season.

I also very freshman lined up to take over for some of these studs due to 2 bad years of recruiting. I wanna go back to 4 and 5 stars....thats when I got Lewis, Jones, QBs, and some killer LBS.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This kid had an amazing freshman year. I am curious if he follows up his performance. This the one guys I am extremely curious about. Very rare for a Freshman MLB to play so well. out of the box.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

@BRUCE80

Nice write-up on the offense but what I'm really NOT looking forward to is the write up on the defense. Fuck.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Damn, must be nice to have some speed (that can also catch) bro. :)

Your roster still leaves something to be desired, last year's positive recruiting results are helping and I want to see Cincinnati continue to improve. good luck this season.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'll write a preface to my team this year.

Rutgers will be led by their JR-QB Daniel Sims, who has only came to college, helped post a career 25-1 record and win two national titles. He's back but he will be leaned more heavily, as we try to find a new RB from the stable that has been in the program for a few years. Sims will also be dealing with 3 new starters at the WR position. We have brought in some raw kids with pure speed while some kids who aren't burners but are great possession type WR's. The offensive line is mostly upperclassman aside from the RT position where we picked up a stud who will be starting as a freshman.

The defense returns all of it's starters save for the DT position. We are hoping this unit will be more cohesive and more destructive as they have a year of gelling together.

12. BRUCE80

UCLA Bruins defense:

DE

Kenny Fritz LDE Sr 97 overall: Kenny had stellar Fr and Soph seasons his Jr year wasnt as spectacular as we or he expected. With only 22 tackles and 8 sacks that isnt good production from your best Dline player. We expect a bounce back senior campain from Mr. F.

Caleb Hurd RDE RS Jr 89 overall: A physical marvel at 6'7 224 pounds he is quick off the ball and possesess enough power to make you pay once he arrives. He out performed his teammate on the left side last year with 34 T 17 TFL and 9 sacks.

Top back up Jimmie Johnson RS Soph 82 overall: Has the skills just needs to play. Jordan Pitts RS Fr 80 overall should start next year. He is a true DE being 6'6 and 265 pounds with speed and str.

DT

Jonathan James RS Sr 90 overall: This kid was our first prized recruit and was a 4 star Ath. He has turned into a wrecking ball of a DT for us. He almost went pro but came back for one last shot at a title.

Doug Wesley RS Jr 86 overall: A four star Jr College kid who redshirted last year gets first shot at a crowded #2 spot at DT for the Bruins. Eric Crenshaw RS Soph 86 overall:last years #2 will get a long look as well.

OLB

Jonathan Turner RS Jr 84 overall: a starter for two years and a redshirt havent done much to prod this kid to the greatness we thought he would attain. He just doest have the work ethic to get better. Wish we could replace him but he is the best we have on the right side.

Tony Williams Jr 91 overall: This kid has it all size speed and ability. He is everywhere on game day and we expect it to stay that way.

Matt Hardin RS Jr 74 overall: This former 3 star has worked hard and worked himself into a position that if injury occurs he will get some time.

MLB

Alfred Nichols Jr Juco 82 overall: He has freakish ath talent. 87 sp 86 str 88 acc he can tackle and chase and he can shed blocks. Great three star Juco find for us. His size 6'2 246 is something new for the Bruins MLB.

We decided to redshirt our other two Freshman MLBs, last years back up Bates 78 overall 90 sp 97 acc will hold down that spot again.

CB

Jesse Day Sr 94 overall: What Jesse lacks in size 5'9 he makes up for in competitive drive and speed 98 sp 96 acc are backed up by 99 man coverage and 94 zone. He can also get up and press you 93.

Kevin Hall Sr 96 overall: The former FS has been moved to CB for his senior year. We hope the move will keep him from getting hurt (again) he has missed most of two of his three years with various injuries. He missed about half our games. 98 sp 97 acc 84 str are backed up by his coverage ability 92 man 87 zone and 96 press. We will explain more to why this move was made when we get to FS.

Antoine Parker RS Soph 85 overall: 98 sp 97 acc 90 man 94 zone 83 press he is 6'2 200 pounds and will play nickle or dime.

Marc Williams RS Fr 83 overall: At 6'5 188 pounds this kid was almost a WR but he was a better CB prospect from being an Ath. 96 sp 91 acc 90 jump 91 Man 88 zone 89 press...pretty good numbers for this freshman cb.

FS

Justin Beverly RS Fr 84 overall: 6'5 210 pounds of freak ath. 99 speed 94 acc he has nice hands 74 and packs a punch when he comes up to hit you. He is only solid at coverage 82 82 83 press but he will get better. We just cant keep him off the field he needs to play.

We have significant depth at this spot behind him. If we had an inj here....we would be ok.

SS

Terrance Blanks RS Jr 96 overall: This kid is as tough as they come. 92 sp 94 acc are backed up by 95 tackle 91 HP 98 PR. He can run cover 98 zone 85 man and catch 78. We look for huge things from Blanks this season.

Good back up here as well Nick Thompson RS Fr 83 overall.

K & P are good enough to make kicks and let them be a K and a P instead of both.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

@BRUCE80 He easily has the best secondary in tradition. IF people are throwing for 400 yards against that then yest Rusty is right the game is broken.

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

How the hell did you get 3 QBs that are almost all 99s

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

They all must have quite a nice potential rating. Fox and Fields were top recruits but Michaels was a 4 star meh recruit. His progression went through the roof. I wish my defensive guys would do that.

16. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    PURDUE BOILERMAKERS
    QB: Nathan Robinson (95 OVR) - RS Sr
    By far the best QB I've had with Purdue. Transferred from Ohio St. He possess great athleticism (89 SPD) and a great arm as well (92 THP, 91 THA). I'm considering switching to a spread option type offense this season to utilize all his talents. I'm excited to have him this season. Tough to put Lee Sanders on the bench when he threw for 53 TDs and just 8 INTs last season, but I'll still have another season with Sanders after this one.
    RB: Nathan McIntyre (88 OVR) - RS Sr
    McIntyre is now the starter at RB due to the early departure of John Patrick. It will be tough for him to replace Patrick's production (almost 2000 yds rushing, 23 TD) but McIntyre showed flashes last season when he got the opportunity. I'm a little worried about his propensity to fumble the ball as his carry rating leaves much to be desired but he does have 95 SPD, so we'll see what he can do.
    WR: Reggie Booth (83 OVR) - Sr, Dan Brown (81 OVR) - RS Jr, Jon Moore (78 OVR) - Sr, Matt Williams (79 OVR) - RS Jr
    I'm sure going to miss Charles Torwudzo, he was a great guy to throw to due to his size and great hands. These guys are not too shabby as they possess speeds of 94, 90, 93, and 95. Fastest group of receivers I've had. The top 3 also have pretty good hands as well. The problem is that their accelerations are not that great. However it hasn't stopped me from getting production out of them. Booth and Moore played a lot last season. Moore racked up nearly 1000 yds receiving and 13 TDs last season as the #3 wr. Booth will be the main man, but look for all these guys to put up similar numbers.
    TE: Nothing to report here, they suck!
    OL: Highlighted by bookends Adam Merrick (91 OVR) and Paul Robbins (87 OVR), the line isn't the worst but they aren't road graters either.
    DE: Nick Hayes (81 OVR) - Fr, Ryan Moore (83 OVR) - Jr
    Hayes comes in as a true freshman. The first 5 star player I've signed to the team. Has 84 SPD, 80 PMV, 86 FMV, 79 BSH, 90 PUR. Hopefully he can add a little boost to the pass rush from the ends. Moore has been solid, playing since he was a freshman. 82 SPD, 82 PMV, 81 FMV, 82 BSH. He's good for about 6-8 sacks a season.
    DT: Carlos Williams (83 OVR) - Sr, Brian Holliday (81 OVR) - RS So
    Undersized but they have great motors. Purdue has always had to work with DTs that aren't the prototypical size but we seem to get pretty good production from them. My DTs usually get between 8-10 sacks a year a piece. I hope these guys can continue that trend. Though they are athletic I they will probably struggle a bit vs the run.
    OLB: Dwayne White (81 OVR) - Sr, Phil Fitch (87 OVR) - RS Jr
    Fitch is a transfer and we are ecstatic to have him on defense. This guy is a freak with 91 SPD, 90 ACC. Has an 86 TAK and solid pass rushing skills that will come in handy. Best of all, this guy can cover (85 MCV, 83 ZCV). White had been playing both OLB and MLB but makes the full switch to OLB. He has 86 SPD and 95 ACC. He's the best pass rusher of all my LBs and he can also cover very well (83 MCV, 82 ZCV).
    MLB: Patrick Richardson (84 OVR) - Sr
    For being an athletic specimen, Richardson never developed well. He only improved like 2 pts a year which is disappointing. Despite the rating he has been an College All-American ever season since his freshman year and was the Linebacker of the year last season. Obviously the thing that stands out the most about him is his speed. This guy is 95 SPD!! He's usually always around the ball and makes a good amount of plays. His tackling rating is not as high as I'd like (75 TAK) but he still ends up securing tackles. Has great pursuit (93) and play recognition (87). Also a solid pass rusher (79 PMV, 75 FMV, 84 BSH) and good in coverage (79 MCV, 78 ZCV)
    CB: Damien Butler (86 OVR) - Sr, Kyle Turner (79 OVR) - Jr, Ben Parker (77 OVR) - Fr, Antonio Lee (75 OVR) - Fr
    Butler returns as the Thorpe Award winner. He had 9 INTs last season. He has great coverage skills (96 MCV, 97 ZCV). He sometimes has lapses but for the most part does very well. Turner was a Big-Ten All-American last season as the nickel corner. He finally gets to shine as a starter. Parker and Lee are freshman that will see time as the nickel and dime corners. Parker has 93 SPD, 83 MCV, 85 ZCV. Lee has 92 SPD, 85 MCV, 88 ZCV.
    FS: Marcus Moses (76 OVR) - Fr
    Kind of raw in talent in some areas, but we have to start this kid even though he's our 2nd highest rated safety. Moses is 6'5" 212 with 95 SPD, 94 ACC. Not great in coverage but the kid can tackle and get to the ball well.
    SS: Jimmy Weeks (83 OVR) - Sr
    Weeks has played a significant amount of time for the past 3 seasons. Only 5'11 169 lbs but he's strong as hell for his size (81 STR), good speed (92) and our best tackler (91 TAK, 87 POW). Pursues the ball carrier well too (92). He is also excellent in man coverage (94).
    K: He can kick XPs and 40 yds FGs if necessary.
    It's a shame that this is probably my most talented team. We just haven't been able to recruit as well as other teams as we have to fight the likes of Wisconsin, Ohio St, Illinois, Florida, Miami, Pitt for recruits. We're finally a 6 star team so hopefully things improve. We'll be losing a shitload of talent after this season so we need to make the most of it. It basically boils down to the defense. I know what I'm going to get out of the offense, they have never been the issue. The defense played solid until that debacle of a NC game. Hopefully the new additions will provide a much needed boost.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    QUARTERBACK- JR Daniel Sims (87)
    ---Sims has a lot cut out for him. Last year he threw for 4516 yards but improved on his TD total from 29 to 38 but cut his INT total from 14 to 8. He's a 63% passer for his career but he's steadily showing improvement in his accuracy. He worked hard in the training programs on his accuracy and he's going to need it with an inexperienced WR corps around the bend. Sims is the star here and he will be key as to how Rutgers does after two national title years. Sims is a winner though that's for sure.

RUNNING BACKS- JR Kyle Arnold (78)/ SO-Lonnie Lloyd (72)/ SR-Jonathan James (79)
    ---This might be a tough battle all season as none of these RB's really separate themselves from the other. After the two years of Jammal Berry and Jordan Thomas, there's a battle for the lead back spot. Right now, JR-RB Kyle Arnold will win the job. He's not the fastest back on the team but he offers an all-around game. He's very quick to his top speed and is pretty strong standing at 5'11", 221 lbs. Lloyd is 6'0", 207 and we are intrigued with his size and speed combination. He's the fastest out of the RB's and is the scat back. Last we have SR-RB Jonathan James, who is the most agile RB and is pretty fast but he's slow to get to top speed.

WIDE RECEIVERS- JR- Anthony Johnson (87)/ SR- Jay Thomas (79)/ SO-WR Anthony Rogers (76)/ FR-Frank Ferguson (73)
    ---Johnson came in with Nate Little, last year's slot WR but Johnson was slow to get up to par. He redshirted due to the depth of the WR corps and luckily he did as he will now be the #1 WR. Jay Thomas is the burner with 97 speed and is the deep threat. SO-WR Anthony Rogers and Ferguson are the possession type WR's. They run great routes and get off the line very quickly, just two things we value in our WR's, as well as having good hands. While these WR's really are raw in terms of pure catching ability, they have a good QB who can deliver the ball to them when needed.

FULLBACKS AND TIGHT ENDS- FR-FB Nick Byrd (65)/ SO-TE Eric Coleman (78)
    ---Byrd is very raw as a FB and he will be thrusted into the starting role at FB. Meanwhile you have Eric Coleman, who's expected to take a big jump in production at the TE spot. Coleman was hurt for most of the year but he's been trying to bulk up. He's a jack of all trades but we love what he can do at the TE spot.

OFFENSIVE LINE- SR-LT Garrett Thomas (86)/ SR-LG Eric Hicks (82)/ FR-C Bill Bean (78)/ SR-RG Charles Richards (81)/ FR-RT Brooks Archer (78)
    ---We are pretty excited about this group. It's a weird mix of senior guys with two freshman guys who have proven they have the talent to start from the get-go. Bill Bean is just a freak at 6'1", 301lbs. He moves like a WR out there with 93 accel and 78 speed. He's not the strongest but much of these guys are the type of quick off their feet type offensive linemen, where we like to pull the center and guards on.

DEFENSIVE LINE- JR-LE John Griffin (89)/ SR-RE Brian Moore (89)/ SR-DT Maurice Ellison (91)/ JR-DT Ryan Lee (79)
    ---We feel very confident in the defensive line this year with a mature and older front 4. Moore led the team in sacks with 9 last year and he has stated he would like to get double digit sacks. He certainly has the speed and athleticism to get those sacks. Griffin is a strong kid despite his 238lb frame. He's quick off the line (85 accel) and sheds blocks like no one elses business. Ellison is underrated and came on last year with 7 sacks. He's elite at shedding blocks and getting after guys in the backfield. He's one of the best in the country. Ryan Lee came on as a JUCO kid but we like what he can do alongside Ellison.

LINEBACKERS- SR-LOLB Chip Harvey (81)/ JR-MLB Ryan McNeil (75)/ SR-ROLB Adam Osborn (86)
    ---These three are some serious speedsters who know how to get to the ball and are the base of this defense who loves to fly around. McNeil and Osborn are fast and are sideline to sideline type LB's. Harvey isn't quite as fast but weighing in at 241lbs, he hits HARD, and we expect him to be laying some big hits on his opponents. Maybe the most athletic group of LB's in Rutgers history.

CORNERBACKS- JR-CB Lenny McDufffie (84)/ SR-CB Dan Sowell (83)/ JR-CB Jon Morris (78)
    ---Sowell a year ago was being hyped as the next big thing. Well last year he was horrible in coverage and his best attribute was man coverage! Sowell doesn't possess the elite acceleration to keep up with his opponents and in extended time, he only had 2 INT's on the year as opposed to 6 as the nickel back two years ago. McDuffie has the look to be a shutdown CB but he started last year too and was part of the problem. Maybe a year under these two belts can change things. Jon Morris slides in as nickel back and he's fast and smart and could possibly become a starter if these two guys ahead of him don't improve.

SAFETIES- SR-FS Kevin Owens (91)/ SO-SS Justin Atkins (78)
    ---Owens is the leader of this defense and is a complete monster. Coming from JUCO, Owens has become a definitely NFL talent and someone who Rutgers felt they could put at LB. But we like him better to freelance throughout the field, kinda like a Troy Polamalu type role for us. He can press WR's, play man or zone, can come up to the line and blow up runs and not to mention, he has 76 catch so he can definitely catch the ball. Easily one of the better playmaking safeties around. Alongside Owens is one of the surest tackling kids on the team in the 6'3" Justin Atkins. He's like a younger Owens and we see him becoming a star in the future as he is now in his second year starting. He's almost a clone of Owens and remember, he made one of the game turning plays picking off Purdue's QB Lee Sanders en route to Rutgers second title in as many years.

SPECIAL TEAMS- SR-K Martin Austin (91)/ FR-P Terrance West (81)
    ---It's good to have a kicker who can consistently nail his kicks. We figure special teams will be an even more important part of this team with an expected drop off in offense. Austin will be huge for us.

• Like Like x 2
  18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Here's the offense....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Man not signing Chad byers was a big ole SMH to me. I coulda had the big 3 at WR for that class. Nate Little, Anthony Johnson and Byers would have been the 3. I got Little and Johnson with no problems but Byers was a fight and I lost :(

20. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I will have mine up today......

21. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

YEAR 6 South Florida Bulls:

Quarterbacks

• (RS) SR -Terrelle Fisher (white) - 88 OVR, 92 THP, 88 THA, 79 SPD. The first ever recruit by Coach Blaza, T-Fish came in as an Athlete with a big B+ arm and unknown accuracy. After a redshirt and some years of seasoning, it is finally Fisher's turn to be the undisputed starter. Fisher began last season as a starter, taking over for Jamius Gunsby who had started the previous season. However a horrifc 8 week rib injury ruined what Bull faithful hoped would be a breakout season. There were rumors that Fish would forego his senior season to enter the MLB draft where he was being pipped as a 1st or 2nd round Outfielder. Fish decided to emulate his childhood idol, Jake Locker and give it one more go. USF, who has had extremely athletic QBs so far will look to protect Fisher and have him distribute to the speedy playmakers around him.

• (RS) JR - Willie Prince - 79 OVR, 87 THP, 83 THA, 93 SPD Oklahoma HS legend Willie Prince enters the season as the number 2. Another player who came in with an 'Athlete' designation, Prince is 6' 235 pounds of fury in a bottle. Although he is not ready yet, look for Prince to play a fair amount in mop-up duty and take the reigns next season.
    Running Backs
    A position of strength for the Bulls, Coach Blaza has 2 of the most dangerous young backs in the nation.

• (RS) JR - Raymond Horne - 84 OVR, 95 SPD, 94 JKM, 85 ELU. Ray-Ray Horne begins year 6 as a Pre-Season 1st Team All American and the nations leading returning rusher. Never really a Coach's Favorite, Horne gave the Coach no choice but to love him after a marvelous sophomore campaign. After True Freshman starter Jermaine Kelly went down for 4 weeks with a knee injury, Horne never looked back rushing for 1560 yards and 27 TDs with an amazing 7.9 yards/carry. Horne is one of the biggest homerun threats in the nation and got off to a good start this year with a 12 carry 131 yd 3 TD performance in USF's demolition of Penn State

• SO - Jermaine Kelly - 81 OVR, 91 SPD, 95 AGI, 82 TRK, 85 BTK, 88 STA. Kelly begins his sophomore year as #2 on the depth chart but most inside the program consider him 1-B. Kelly, A 5-Star prospect out of Alabama was an offseason recruit who many felt had no business signing with the Bulls. Kelly is a true All-Purpose back who patterns his game after Alabama legend Mark Ingram. A knee injury cut his season short last season, but he still managed to run for over 600 yards and 12 Touchdowns which was enough to garner Freshman All-American honors. Kelly has great feet and vision, two qualities Coach Blaza has been known to covet.

• SO - Jamaal Thomas - 84 SPD, 84 IMP BLK, 77 RBK, 80 PBK, 87 SPM. At 5'9 259, Fullback JamaalThomas is a weightroom warrior who trainers often have to ask to leave the facilities. Thomas had a wonderful freshman season, paving the way for Horne's All American campaign. "Without Maal, I'm just another college RB. He sticks his nose in there and makes my job easier", says Horne of his unheralded FB.
    Wide Receiver
    USF has kept some sprinters out wide for the length of the OD and this year is no exception

• SR - Nick Gould - 92 OVR, 95 SPD, 86 ACC, 90 CTH, 99 Spec Catch, 95 RTE, 97 REL, 81 CAR. Not as heralded as a Ken Lewis, Gould has quietly climbed up the USF recordbooks putting together several impressive seasons. He is a rugged WR who demands the ball and is not afraid to mix it up with DBs and LBs. Followers of the program call Gould "Baby Hines", partly because of his versitality, but mostly because of his mean streak and reputation as a 'fiesty' player. Look for a big year from Gould.

• Gould will be supplemented by committee, with a gang of speedy WRs. Coach Blaza has followed the old Urban Meyer moniker of, "if you're gonna miss--miss fast and miss big". USF's avg receiver is about 6'4 with 95 spd and what they may lack in technique, they make up for with athleticism.
    Tight Ends
    USF likes what they have here with several upperclassman who many feel have not been as involved as they should have been throughout their careers.

• SR - Herman Robinson - 79 OVR, 80 SPD, 75 CTH, 86 ACC, 84 RBK, high 70s, low 80s in all blocking categories. 6'6 240 Robinson is the number one, mostly due to his prowess as a blocker. Robinson has shown an uncanny ability to make a play when called on and should receive more targets this season.

• (RS) SR - Chris Sherman - 85 SPD, 80 TRK Sherman is the a big time receiving threat with excellent run after the catch skills. Standing 6'1 257, Sherman is more of a squatty TE, but turns into a freight train in the open field.

• RS JR - Chris Bowman - 83 SPD, 88 ACC, 75 CTH. Standing at 6'5' 244, Bowman has impressive pass catching ability, but his limited blocking has kept him off the field for much of his career. Dont be surprised to see Bowman find his way onto the field this season.
    Offensive Line
    An average O-Line, the Bulls will not scare anyone with brute size, but they are very solid in technique and extremely athletic. The bulls have 3 starting OL with 99 AWR and they do a great job of blocking on the move and sealing the edges.

Defensive Line

One of the strongest positions for the Bulls. Led by 2-time All American Cedric McPherson, the DL have finally earned the coveted "Nasty Boys" nickname Coach Blaza used on his old dominant UNC DLines

• SR - DE Cedric McPherson - 85 OVR, 85 SPD, 85 ACC, 91 BSH, 88 PUR, 81 STR. At 6'5 253, McPherson is a 4-year starter and plays much higher than his ratings. Flat out, he has been unblockable in his career.

• SO - DE Derrick Hill - 82 OVR, 90 SPD, 81 SPD, 81 STR, 93 PUR. DE Derrick Hill starts on the other side after an injury plagued Freshman Season. Hill is one of the most talented players on the Bull roster and combines Wide Receiver speed wit great hands and technique.

• RS (SR) -DT Matt Hall - 85 OVR, 91 STR, 85 PUR, 85 PMV. DT Matt Hall is one of the leaders on the squad and his a bigtime plug in the middle for the Bull defense.

• SR - DT Brandon Coleman - 82 OVR, 87 BSH, 85 PUR. Coleman is another player who plays higher than his ratings, constantly getting into the backfield and combining with Matt Hall to be a disruptive force.
    Line Backers
    USF is strong here, with an extremely speedy and athletic unit.

• SO - MLB Jermaine King - 92 SPD, 86 ACC, 83 PUR. King is a monster in the middle standing 6'5" 252. Possessing outstanding speed, King is rarely beaten to the edge and his quick enough avoid the clutches of OL looking to hook him in the 2nd level.

• RS (JR) - ROLB Jay Dawson - 84 OVR, 84 SPD, 92 ACC, 85 HPW. Dawson is a player who has been in and out of Coach's doghouse his entire career. Although he had a tendency to lose concentration early in his career, he has worked hard to play more within himself and turned it out at the end of last season.

• RS (SR) - LOLB Brad Perkins - 87 SPD, 84 TAK, 99 ACC, 81 STR. Perkins is a bit undersized at 6'1 222, but he is very rangy, and does a great job of avoid blocks.
    Secondary
    Historically, Coach Blaza has always run out some of the top Secondaries in the nation and this year is no exception.

• RS (SR) - SS Dan Price- 98 OVR, 91 SPD, 94 ACC, 96 TAK, 88 HPW, 89 PUR, 94 MCV, 91 ZCV, 82 CTH. DP is the leader of the entire team and the Bulls' best player. He has come up huge throughout his career and WILL make an offense pay if tested. He catches like a WR, hits like an LB, and covers like a Corner.

• JR - FS Ryan Hubbard - 82 OVR, 96 SPD, 88 AGI, 88 ACC, 86 TAK, 89 PUR, 72 CTH, 85 HPW. If not for Price, Ryan Hubbard would be the one getting all the recognition in the secondary. He is an extremely fast FS who has made some incredible diving interceptions in his first 2 seasons. Hubbard hopes to improve and rumors behind the scenes are that he will be testing the NFL waters after this season as scouts salivate over his 6'2 213 size and speed combination.

• JR - CB Bill Payne - 84 OVR, 92 SPD, 95 MCV, 95 ZCV - Payne had a breakout freshman season in which his 8 INTs put him in the running for the Thorpe, but he was not as impressive last season as teams looked to avoid his side of the field. He did not get beat much, but Bulls Coaches are counting on him to increase his takeaway numbers back to his Freshman year levels of productivity.

• Behind Payne there is a clump of solid corners with high 80s, low 90s coverage ability. Coach Blaza will move the rest of the guys around to see who makes the most plays.
    This is a big season for the Bulls. After winning a Big East title 3 years ago, it has been tough sledding in Tampa as a number of simmed games and disappointing user matchups has this program on the rocks. Coach Blaza was once known as one of the stronger players in the OD and needs a string of good wins to regain the confidence in his ability as a leader. Look for USF to try some new ways of generating offense this season. Anything less than a top 15 finish and January bowl will be disappointing to Bull faithful.

• Like Like x 2
  22. BRUCE80

You have a very solid team this season Blaza

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

@RynoAid , I agree it is very difficult to recruit a good fullback. You have a nice one for this year though.

I think I remember Byers and not being all that impressed with him. Like you said he has shot up bigtime.

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

@Blaza Man you have been doing work, team looks good. Being the only team in Florida is starting to pay dividends. Your team is more athletic than mine across the board.

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ah, you're "gutted" mate, right? Is the BCS trophy consoling you at night as you lay there with it, pricko?