Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Here is an example.

TEAM PREVIEW

[​IMG]

Last season: 7-6

Key Players: WR Derek Moye
    DT Devon Still
    HB Silas Redd
    S Drew Astorino

This season will be a huge adjustment for the people of Happy Valley. For the first time in nearly 50 years there is a sheriff in town. JMS is a PSU alum and is looking to bring relevance and titles back to Penn State. He is walking into a great situation.

Offensive:
    The offense has a great mixture of senior leadership and young guys. The offensive line is the strongest unit on this side of the ball. There are some stellar seniors up front but the Nittany lions have enough talented young lineman to be set for the first couple of seasons up front. It will definitely be a need fill position recruiting wise season one to keep the talent from dropping off by year 3. The receiving corps are loaded with playmakers, young ones. They are lead by Moye but will have some up and comers that will help keep teams from from focusing just on Moye. Alex Kenney provides the Lions with a deep threat and they have a host of other guys to spread the ball around. PSU has guys in the backfield to get some great production. Silas Redd and Stephfon Greene provide a great one-two punch that will allow PSU to pound away at teams if they choose. The biggest question mark for the Lions is at QB. Who will it be? Can they get consistent production? Only Coach JMS has the answers for one of those questions. He will have to figure out with the rest of the nation if production will be a problem. The two top candidates for the job are Matthew McGloin and Robert Bolden. They both played last season and each had their own troubles but we will find out which one has progressed the most and picks up on the new coaches offense first.

Defensive:
    The defense is just like the offense. Has a good mix of young and old. The secondary will be the strength of the defense season 1. They are a veteran group and should force a lot of problems for opposing offenses. The linebackers are a good up front but lack depth. Led by Sr. Nathan Stupar, the group should be good but the Lions could run into trouble if they can't get teams off the field. The D-line is the same as the linebackers, good up front but lack great depth. With the secondary being so good, the d-line and linebackers will need to step up and stop teams running the ball or they could be in for a long season. A injury in the front seven could be huge for the Lions, but they have the guys to compete for a big ten title.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bulldog

We will post them in this thread.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't sure what this was for.

4. Bulldog

Ok smartass. :rolleyes:

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Hahaha, laugh with me bud- I couldn't resist

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

The sarcasm font takes the fun out of sarcasm haha

7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Sarcasm font does take the ass out of sarcasm

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

finally found one to suit the situation

[​IMG]

p.s. its a calssic

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

[​IMG]
    we made need a new thread

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I was gonna say the exact same thing.

Sorry Bulldog we ruined the thread :oops:

11. Bulldog

Women SMH :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

cmon i wanna see some facking previews with the game coming out soon

13. Bulldog

Waiting until i get the game. Don't rush me ho! :p

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

15. Bulldog

lol

16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

UTAH UTES SEASON PREVIEW

[​IMG]

Utah is looking at a very difficult schedule this year. It will be interesting to see how their rivalry with BYU will turn out now that neither team is in the Mountain West and the game will now be moved from the end of the season to week 3 this year. With the Pac-12 becoming one of the premiere conferences this year, Utah will not be able to go through easily, and have only two easy conference games in Washington St. and Colorado.

Quarterback- Junior Jordan Wynn will start his junior season after recovering from a shoulder injury. Wynn will have a better season in Norm Chow’s pro-style offense because of his lack of running ability. He threw for over 2,300 yards in 9 games last season.

Running Backs- Utah faces problems as they do not have a proven running, but this will not stop the Utes from implementing a power running game. True freshman Harvey Langi is an interesting option at 6’1”, 225. Langi may start at HB in the future, but may see time at fullback and tight end early in his career. John White will see time and with a 4.4 40-time he will be the speed back. Thretton Palamo, a rugby player and a bruiser at 6’2”, 237, should start at halfback for Utah this season.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends- Junior DeVonte Christopher is the star of the receiving core for the Utes. Christopher caught 39 passes for 660 yards and 6 TD’s in 2010. Redshirt freshman Dres Anderson will also start at wide receiver. Anderson is 6’1”, 185 with decent speed but is very shifty. He may see time at punt returner in his future at Utah. JUCO transfer Anthony Denham will push for time and could be used as a jump-ball threat at 6’5”. TE Kendrick Moeai caught 11 passes for 225 yards and a TD last season.

Offensive Line- Utah returns 3 starters from the offensive line including All-MWC tackle Tony Bergstrom. Utah’s O-Line is big (averaging over 305 lbs.) and formidable, but is not the strength of the team.

Defensive Line- Utah’s defense is big and senior heavy and is led by senior DE Derrick Shelby. Shelby had 39 tackles and 2 sacks last year, and could have a breakout senior year. Brothers Dave and Joe Kruger should both see time a DE this year. Sr. James Aiono and Jr. Star Lotulelei will start at the tackle positions and combine for 625 lbs.

Linebackers- Utah’s linebackers are led by All-Pac 12 senior Chaz Walker. Playing MLB, Walker had 113 tackles, 2 INT’s, and 2 sacks last year. Matt Martinez and Brian Belchen will play outside linebacker for the Utes. All 3 players are good and the LB’s are the strong suit of the Utah defense.

Secondary- Utah’s secondary is depleted from 2010 with the loss of CB Brandon Burton to the NFL, and the move of Brian Belchen to outside linebacker. Ryan Lacy and Conroy Black look like they will start at the cornerback positions in 2011, and Keith McGill and Michael Walker will start at safety. The secondary is very inexperienced and will need to play well for Utah to compete in the Pac 12.

Kicking- Coleman Petersen, a former walk-on will kick for Utah and has never played in a college football game. Sean Sellwood is a 3rd year starter at punter and averages around 42 yards per punt. Depending on Petersen’s kicking skills, Sellwood may also need to be used as placekicker.

Outlook- Utah wants to impress the Pac 12 this season to show it belongs. The future of the Utes football team may hinge on how they get through the gauntlet of the Pac 12 schedule and OOC games vs. Pitt, BYU, and Miami. Utah is hoping for a 10-win season in their first year, but that won’t be easy. The defense has never seen offenses like Oregon or USC, and the offense used to only face one good defense a year in TCU. Utah should transition smoothly but not perfectly.

Prediction: 9-4 (6-3 conference)

Recruiting Needs- For Utah to fully transition into a pro-style offensive scheme, they will need to recruit running backs. They have youth now, but they really want to run right through their opponents in the future. On defense, the secondary is weak, so look for Utah to look for some speed at the CB position.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bulldog

dont forget to do you team previews

18. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

so were just posting them? thought peench was doing something?

19. Bulldog

oh i dont know i know he said something a few days ago but hes been moving...we can wait until i hear back from him...

Nevermind everyone hold off on the previews, you can go ahead and get them done just dont post them.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

:rolleyes:

"management"

21. Bulldog

:cool: