Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't necesarily want a big in depth team preview, but if yall could fill this simple little questionnaire out it would be nice to get to know each others team. We have played a game so you might have an idea of who the impact players are going to be etc.

Ghost , fuzzyl0gic , Philstyle3005 , BPHusker , IrishBearcat , sawemoff , stiff bon air , -Cougars- , PK55 , Kapono

1. Who is going to be the top stars on offense? What is your plan for a scheme to get these players involved?

2. Who are going to be the leaders on the defense?

3. Give us one or two young guys on offene and defense that will play a lot (if there are any).

4. Preseason recruiting outlook is?

5. Do you think you can win your division? Who do you think will be your main competition?

6. If you could take one player off any team in the country and put him on your team, who would it be?

7. Your prediction for the MAC DMVP and OMVPs?

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

diving into mine tonight

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1. Who is going to be the top stars on offense? What is your plan for a scheme to get these players involved?
    My OL, RB Erik Finklea, RB Justin Semmes, TE Kendrick Bruton. I'm going back to my pro-style sets so my OL will need to be able to open up holes for my backs to get some yardage. Semmes is key because the roster did not have a FB so his size should open up other holes for Finklea. Bruton will be used mainly for blocking but he will use his receiving skills from time to time.
    LOLB Jerrell Wedge and MLB Ryan Kennedy and FS Anthony Kokal. All are Seniors will hopefully show the leadership needed to bring home a MAC Championship.
    3. Give us one or two young guys on offene and defense that will play a lot (if there are any).
    Sophomore RB Erick Finklea, Freshman RT Justin Stumph, Sophomore LG John Anevski, Sophomore ROLB Chris Wade, and Sophomore CB Dayonne Nunley
    Grab OL and LB. So far the recruiting trail has treated the Redhawks well, lets just hope it keeps going in our favor!
    5. Do you think you can win your division? Who do you think will be your main competition?
    The MAC will be tough to win but I think I ran muster enough wins to make it through. Biggest competition from theEast:Temple; from theWest:Western Michigan
    6. If you could take one player off any team in the country and put him on your team, who would it be?
    Alabama RB Trent Richardson so I could have an unstoppable running game :cool:
    OMVP:Temple RB Benard Peirce; DMVP:Ohio ROLB Alphonso Lewis

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  6. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I will try to work on mine this afternoon if I have time. I haven't had much downtime this week.

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]
    1. Who is going to be the top stars on offense? What is your plan for a scheme to get these players involved? QB Alex Carver. He will be the star of this team, and will throw the ball over 30 times every single game, no matter what. 85% of this offense will be passing, so he will have his chances.

2. Who are going to be the leaders on the defense? MLB Mitch Zajac is going to be the leader. He's not the best linebacker in the country, or even in the conference, but he'll have to lead this defense.

3. Give us one or two young guys on offene and defense that will play a lot (if there are any).- CB Lewis Toller. He will be the #1 CB as a sophomore and look to make a big impact against opposing teams #1 receiver.

4. Preseason recruiting outlook is? Not good. We need to bring in some recruits, and have great local talent, but competing with the programs like Michigan and Michigan St., it's tough to get guys to sign. We will be going after players that are diamond in the roughs, and take chances on players that other teams won't. It could pan out, it could end up hurting us. It's what we're forced to do though.

5. Do you think you can win your division? Who do you think will be your main competition? I would be very surprised if we won our division. Northern Illinois will be our toughest division game, but each game in conference play will be tough. No easy wins this season.

6. If you could take one player off any team in the country and put him on your team, who would it be? OK St- WR Justin Blackmon. If we had him on our team, the connection between him and Alex Carver would guarantee us to average over 40 points a game at least. He is a game changer, and would be a HUGE step up from any other WR on our team.

8. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The number one player on offense for Kent State is clearly senior RB Jacquise Terry. He has okay speed at 88 but his acceleration is very good at 91 which allows for an explosive running game. Against Wisconsin he rushed for 148 yards and a TD against a top of the line DL and rushed for 219 yards and 2 TDs against Boston College in week 2 too suplant himself as the top rusher through two weeks, so we'll see if he can keep it up the rest of the season. Kent State will also be looking at the junior signal caller and QB Spencer Keith. Keith has an average arm and average accuracy so he will need to make good reads if the offense needs to get going. So far he has looked okay against BCS teams throwing 4 TD passes but 3 INTs so he will need to improve that TD:INT ratio if Kent State wants to win more than six games and avoid a no name bowl in El Paso, TX. Kent State will get both of these players involved by running a pro style offense that relies on ground and pound to get the job done but we will also be able to air it out if needed.

The defense will be relying on sophomore DT Roosevelt Nix. At 6-5 323 pounds, he is a force to be reconked with on the inside. He has above average block shedding which allows him to get past the OL and get into the backfield and cause havoc. Through two games he only has 4 tackles and a sack so he will need to improve on that but he is the clear leader on defense.

One of them is one that was previously talked about and that is DT Roosevelt Nix. As a sophomore, he is 85 overall so he will be a force to be reckoned with. Kent State is a vertern team so there's not a lot of young guys but another young guy who has made an impression this season is RS freshman CB Calvin Tiggle. Through two games he has 6 tackles and has broken up numerous passes that could have gone for big gains.

Not great but not horrible. Kent State is in it for a few :3stars:prospects with th emajority being :2stars:'s but that will still improve Kent State as they look to improve their image across the country. Overall it should be a decent class that will improve the team as a whole.

Anyone can win the division and later the conference so obviously I think I have a chance. There isn't a dominant team that has emerged thus far but Miami (OH) looked good beating #23 Auburn in week one so I think that will be everyone's target.

Robert Griffin III. He's a game changer who can make plays both on his feet and through the air and makes the other team gameplan against both which opens up the field.

OMVP: Kent State RB Jacquise Terry. He has looked very good against top competition and that should carry over into MAC play.
    DMVP: Northern Illinois SS Tommy Davis. He's put up good stat lines through two games and looks like a game changer on defense.

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

[​IMG]
    1. Who is going to be the top stars on offense? What is your plan for a scheme to get these players involved?​
    My top player without a doubt is Branden Oliver. This explosive back doesn't look good on paper but if you have to actually face this guy he will give you fits. He's a speedy back with a little bit of power. He will definitely get involved since we are running the west coast offense and bad QB play. Look for 20+ carries with this guy when it comes to MAC play.​
    2. Who are going to be the leaders on the defense?​
    CB, Najia Johnson. It's a funny name I know, but right now as a Sophomore he has more than enough abilities to be a shutdown corner in the MAC.​
    3. Give us one or two young guys on offene and defense that will play a lot (if there are any).​
    Branden Oliver and Najia Johnson. These two players will be able to surprise some people with their talent. None of the MAC teams have a huge talent gap between one another anyways.​
    I can laugh at this. It's not looking too good so far we will definitely need to make a dramatic change before we have any big time talent interested in this small school in New York.​
    I am afraid we won't be even to win the division, why? Because simply we aren't good right now and that's a fact. I think Miami(OH) will be the biggest competition in the MAC east. After a huge upset beating Auburn there is no joke that they are on a mission this year.​

I would choose Russell Wilson for many reasons, but I will say this person is deadly accurate and is mobile enough to escape pressure and extend the plays.​
    I think Western Michigan's, Alex Carder will win the MAC offensive MVP. He has a good arm and is fairly accurate and will crave up the MAC defense. I think Justin Gildea from Temple will win it. He may not have the good numbers but looking at his ratings he will surprise some people if they underestimate Temple's team.​

10. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

[​IMG]

Top stars on offense should be RB's Donte Hardin and Ryan Boykin. If Donte can stay healthy it gives the Bobcats a chance to keep the ball moving on offense and Boykin does a good job of spelling and has the potential to be a special teams standout.

On defense the Bobcats are relying on LB's Noah Keller and Carl Jones. Both play to the ball well and make plays if the the D-line can keep them free.

Sophomore TE/FB Troy Hill creates some interesting match ups. Hill has good speed and great hands. On defense the Bobcats are relying heavily on several juniors in critical positions as well as Sophomore SS Xavier Hughes who has shown some good ball hawking abilities.

Ohio has already locked down a 3 star QB, and are looking to add more players at LB, TE, and the O-line. Anything other than that is war-room classified.

Uh....NO... The Bobcats are a work in progress, they are going to have trouble consistently moving the ball, their Coach has been away from the game for a while, Heisman default sliders are certainly a new experience and many of the other Coaches have been routinely knocking off higher rated teams. Ohio looks like its destined to go .500 at best.

RG3 or Luck...People are debating who's the best right now and which one deserves to be taken #1...The Bobcats needs an upgrade at QB and I'd like to find out for myself and see what one of them could do on a mediocre team.

I see either Western Michigans QB Alex Carder or Bowling Green's QB Schilz getting the OMVP...Leaning toward Carder. For DMVP I predicting whoever can tally up the most sacks or int's...too soon to tell for now but I will throw out NIU's SS Tommy Davis. It looks like he's making plays from everywhere. Davis has sacks, int's, tackles and TFL...he'll create trouble for the rest of the MAC.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We are definitely going to rely on Chandler Harnish to make great decisions from the quarterback position. He is a fifth year senior so he knows how to read defenses and find the open man. He has a solid stable of HB's behind him so he shouldn't really ever be "pressed" to throw the ball a lot in any given game.

Devon Butler will be big time from his MLB spot. He is only a junior, so he has the potential to be very, very good. ROLB Tyrel Clark and SS Tommy Davis should also be some of the better players at their positions in the conference.

Sophomore HB Akeem Daniels has shown he is capable and should get a solid amount of carries this year. 6'8 freshman TE Tim Semisch should get involved in the offense as well. Defensively freshman LOLB Jamaal Bass has shown he can rush the passer with 2 sacks vs UCONN -- look for him to have a quiet, but solid year nexdt to Butler and Clark.

Should be solid. Targeting guys we know we can get so we should be able to put together a good group of kids that want to play for this program.

Absolutely- honestly its going to be a wide open race I feel in the West. If we don't win it though, I see Western Michigan or Toledo playing for the conference title.

RG3! I'm trying to incorporate more read options into my offense- and he would absolutely dominate running those.

DMVP - Tommy Davis SS NIU
    OMVP - Alex Carder QB WMU

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  12. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

RBs Toney Williams and Cory Sykes and WR Jack Tomlinson. Williams is more of a power back who can pound the defense throughout the game and Sykes is more of a speed back who can get to the outside when the defense is tired. He also is a very deadly kickoff returner. Tomlinson has looked good in the first two games of the season. He can get behind the defense with his speed.

MLB Travis Freeman and DE Ryan Hartke will be leaned on to make plays. In their first two games of the season, Freeman is leading the nation with 12 tackles, while Hartke is racking up the sacks - 3, in games against BCS conference foes. They will need to continue to play at a high level to contend for the MAC title.

3. Give us one or two young guys on offense and defense that will play a lot (if there are any).
    Sophomore WR Jack Tomlinson and Sophomore TE Aaron Mershman will see the field a lot as they emerged in fall camp in the 1st team rotation.

Some high quality (3 star) players have Ball St high on their list. Hopefully, I can land them. :)

Possibly - the team played really well against Indiana and was in it until the end with #13 Virginia Tech. The team should be in every MAC game, but we will not necessarily win them as seen in the last season with Penn State.

Robert Griffin III, strong/accurate passer and deadly speed, which is what I need at the QB position.

7. Your prediction for the MAC OMVP and DMVPs?
    OMVP - WMU QB Alex Carder
    DMVP - NIU SS Tommy Davis

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

NIU SS Tommy Davis getting a lot of love from his peers! Surprised we didn't see more votes for Temple's back Pierce out of fuzzyl0gic 's offense. No surprise with Carder and WMU as Philstyle3005 will put up some good numbers with him I think.

14. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Toledo
    Eric Page is a great wide receiver with 6 TD's though 3 games. He should get the ball a lot in conference play. QB Terrence Owens is a runner, but has been really efficient lately with a 12-1 TD-INT ratio. Adonis Thomas is a very good back and you'll see him a good amount in the option and passing game.

Middle linebacker Terrell Anderson will be very good and has had a couple good games so far. He'll get a lot of tackles and has 3 picks though 3 games so far.

QB Terrence Owens is a sophomore and we hope he'll stick around for 2 more year. Other than that I don't think we have any freshmen starting.

I hate talking about recruiting :)

That's our goal. If we don't win our division, that's going to be a big disappointment. We are hoping to win the whole conference but that is pretty far down the line. I'd say our biggest competition is Temple.

Do I have to be like everyone else and say Griffin? No, I'll go with Justin Blackmon. Put Blackmon and Eric Page on the same field and Toledo would dominate.

I don't really know who's good. I guess I'd say Temple's running back and on defense, hopefully our own Toledo MLB Terrence Anderson.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  15. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Akron2012a.png
    The top stars on my Offense will be Patrick Nicely, Kyle Pohl, and Jawon Chisholm. My scheme will be alot of options to confuse my opponents
    Brian Wagner is the Leader on my defense he is the best player on my team overall and has the skills to be the next ray lewis in the NFL
    Jawon Chisholm and Kyle Pohl
    I am going to to target alot of Db's and OLB's
    Yes i think i have the talent to win my division and i belive my main competition will be the Temple Owls(fuzzyl0gic)
    David Ash from Texas :) im a Texas fan so i think i would have fun running the spread offense with him. I don't think he fits Texas Pro style offense.
    MAC DMVP- Brian Wagner :)
    MAC OMVP- Alex Carder

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lmao at wagner

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Wow, I was wrong Ghost ..

How did some of your guys' "predictions" pan out? I'm going to kick up an end of season questionnaire thing in a minute also.

18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

My MLB Anderson looks like a defensive POY candidate still. Also, my guess was beating Temple in the conference championship game...it's never as easy to beat somebody twice in one season, so we'll see. I did take Temple's HB for offensive POY, but it looks like a QB's going to win it this year.

Also, Owens as a sophomore QB really surprised me. Hopefully he'll stick around another 2 years.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Dudes goin pro- book it.

I hope.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Note to NFL teams: this guy is a system QB. I'm more worried he'll leave following next season.