Team Redraft Lottery for Madden 12 Poll

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by saintsdave75, Jul 15, 2011.

?

Are you in favor of the team redraft?

1. For

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Against

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

This is an idea that we have been kicking around as a way to do 2 things: mix things up and get more people into their hometown teams.

The way it would work is that if you already have your hometown team, then you would have the option of keeping that team and not participate in the redraft. There will be a brief period from around the end of the season where guys can make switches to their hometown teams if the other guy is ok with it. The remaining guys who do not have their hometown team will be thrown into a pool and a draft order will be determined for the remaining teams.

Please be aware, when I say hometown teams, that means your legitimate hometown/favorite team in real life, not your favorite team that you like to win with in Madden. Please be honest.

The draft order would be determined by a lottery where each of the owners in the redraft will be ranked 1-16 (or whatever number) If you are ranked #1, you would get 1 entry, #16 would get 16 entries. The initial ranking will be determined by a number of quantities including mostly tenure, but also previous seasons records and playoff records, where the worse record would be a higher rank (again to mix things up, let less successful owners have a shot at getting a better team, and having owners who obviously have been more successful to go with a lesser team).

The purpose of this poll is to see where everyone stands on this and not an official vote for or against this by any means

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

first

do whats needs to be done dave

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm all for it. I know that there are a lot of Saints fans in the OMFL, which will cause some issues from other owners probably, but I think it would allow owners to try different teams and give some variety to those who do not have the opportunity to use their home team.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

please post here once you have voted

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Voted.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Voted.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

voted

8. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

9. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

10. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

detov

12. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

13. Luis

Luis Walk On

voted

14. stealth

stealth Walk On

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

Voted.

I'll make my position clear again. Out of the original OMFL owners in this league, I am the only one who has chosen not to be with their favorite team, instead sticking with the same franchise throughout. The other guys are Saints fans and didn't have a choice.

1) It's not like I'm even with a highly rated team. . .I'm with Jacksonville for God's sake.
    2) There's no owner here who Jacksonville is there favorite team.

I don't see why I should be thrown out of a team I've been with for literally 2 calendar years. I don't see how that is good for the league. If I was with high rated team I could see the reasoning - like I was just holding on to a high rated team because I don't want to lose. . .but again I'm with friggin Jacksonville.

16. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

17. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

The saints I guess would be considered my home town team( like half the league) but I am not the saints fan I once was, with drafting Ingram and leaving bush in peril I have just had enough, I have always been a big vick fan and to see his journey was cool but he has always sucked in the game now he finally will have a decent rating to be a starting qb, plus I have been with the eagles since the start and have actually over time become a big eagles fan as djax and Vick are my 2nd and 3rd favorite players respectfully in the league (Reggie bush is 1), so I am not sure what category I am in, I kno if it came down to the eagles vs the saints to go to the superbowl It would be tough to pick one too root for, but to be honest I think I'll root for the eagles (sorry new Orleans saints but I am done with you guys)

I voted

18. backlash

backlash DA BEARS

All for it. Voted.

19. Big D

Big D Walk On

VishaL and I talked this afternoon. We understand the reasoning behind wanting to do this, however we don't think you can factor in the votes of Backlash, KO, Ox, Mustang, etc who already have their favorite teams. They don't get impacted by this. Furthermore guys like Jeremy & Winuvas move every single season anyways so this doesn't really affect them. The guys it truly affects and hurts are guys like Vishal, Myself, Sammy, Weblink who have been with the same teams since Season 1.

I do see parts of the reasoning behind it. You want to mix it up and what not. By I don't see how it's good for the stability and longevity of the league to boot owners out of teams they want to be with.

And nothing at all against our newer owners like Stealth, Luis, YonkJoe, & Future. . .but them getting to pick teams over original guys like VishaL, Sammy, Myself, Bluebean, etc would seem a bit silly.

Ok that's it. I'm ready for Madden 12 in any case. I think it's gonna be great if NCAA is any indication! (y)

20. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

I voted no to the proposed format, but i'm all for the re-draft with a slight tweak.

Every owner gets to pick the one team that they most want to run with for Madden 12. If you're the only person that picks that team, you get them. If more than 1 person picks the same team then neither owner gets them and they go into the team re-draft. The only exception would be for favourite/hometown teams, in which case you could get your favourite team even if others who weren't fans of the team also wanted them. This would allow someone like Dunlap to take the Jags (assuming we don't have any Jaguars fans) even though his favourite team is the Seahawks, and also allow someone like Mustang to take the Dolphins as his favourite team even if Dave decided that he wanted the Dolphins as well.

Not sure if anyone is going to be a fan of my idea, just something I think would be fairer to guys like Seth and also to all of the Saints fans like Vishal who want to stay with their current teams.

21. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

See, this was similair to my initial idea where Lone Fans of teams would be the only ones exempt from redrafting, like Packers, Bears, etc. It's something we can re-discuss.

And, furthermore, as far as those guys you mentioned, there are in fact, other owners in the league who would love to have a chance to play with teams that were never opened, such as the Jaguars, Eagles and Saints

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

Who wants to play with the Jaguars?

23. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

its simple, those who WANT to re-draft, and those who dont........The owners that dont want to redraft and stay with who they have, go ahead, regardless of hometown

those who want to switch teams, lets do it....period, and we'll draft with the owners/teams who want to draft, we shouldnt make owners have to re-draft, id like the choice of keeping Chargers OR re-drafting, i think us long-tenured owners at least deserve that

Obviously there are at least 14 owners that are FOR it, so lets roll with them, let the guys (Dunlap, Vishal, etc) keep their teams if they choose, no big deal

make a thread for everyone to post if they want to/ or not, then list the teams available........voila, voala, vuala

P.S. the chances of an owner getting his hometown team in a draft is slim anyway, they're either taken by an owner who also lives in the state, or will be taken by someone like me when its my turn because the Ravens are taken, OR some owner might not even want their hometeam....lol

24. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

What about the people who arranged for others to get their favorite team thinking more teams would be opened such as myself? Not saying it has to be but you cant satisfy all the people all the time thus a vote. Seth at least 2 people asked me about the Jags one a long time member and one who is close to Central Florida. I am not saying I agree or disagree with what may happen just pointing out there are another group of people as well like myself who have and will give up a team so someone can get their fav and it leaves no choice but to take a different teams and switch. Jeremy, Winuvas Dave and myself fall in this category and we are not newbies.

In the end I really don't care either way I can play with anyone and build a team that would be fun and stick with them for an entire season title. The redraft however would change things up it has gotten real stale with the same teams every year and that is from a guy who is one of those teams for the most part.

Vish I did not know this was going to be an big deal we talked a ton about this if you want to stay in Philly I will be cool with that and find another squad I promised stealth Cincy for 12.

25. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

This is how we would allow people to get their teams before the redraft, like stealth going to Cincinnati, etc.

There really is going to only be 2 ways to do it. For everyone to have an option to keep their team or not is really not going to be a choice here, because let's face it, then there would only be a redraft of 5 teams.

It's either going to be all the guys without their team (which would currently allow for a redraft of 16 teams) or the everyone except for lone fans (which would currently allow for a redraft of 23 teams)