Team Selection

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Out of curiousity, is there anyone else who is having 2nd thoughts about the team they'll be using?

I'm feeling a bit guilty using USC, since they are the only 6 star program in the Pac-12 being user controlled, I'll likely be able to lock up recruits much easier than everyone else for several years. I may switch to another team like Arizona or maybe Utah for a bit of a challenge, but would be willing to move to the Big 10 if one of the guys over there wasn't enamored with the team they selected we could maybe swap conferences.

Just throwing this out there for consideration.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Normally, I would say, yeah you have too good of advantage, and maybe playing with Utah, Colorado, or Arizona might even it out, making the south division more open for everyone. But personally, I think we may need a human juggernaut to shut two people up in this conference. Jayrah and Cheez have blab, blab, and blab about how they are winning this conference, and will be owning everyone in the conference. In addition, you will be battling recchem, I think that will make things interesting as the season progresses. The thing with UCLA, they may have a two star prestige, but their team is a B across the board, so they are not completely hurting.

3. Dru50

Good point, I just feel a bit cheesy using a 6 star team when the next best user team is 4 stars.

I'm 90% sure I'll stick with SC, but wanted to see if any others had similar feelings.

4. Dru50

Another thing I thought might be interesting would be to use BYU and move them into the Pac-12 in place of Colorado, which is what should have happened in the realignment anyway. That would maintain the Pac's tradition of having 2 teams in each region of the conference who are natural rivals of one another.

Plus....it would make for good mormon humor during the year, which is always a good thing (I go to an LDS church myself, so it's all good fun).

5. gowazzucougs

That wouldn't be a bad selection either. BYU probably has good prestige, the school ratings can't be too bad for recruiting, and the overall ratings are probably a B. In addition having the two Utah Schools probably makes the south division more competitive overall. Finally, you can still beat Stanford and CAL

6. Dru50

Utah is a 4 star B+ offense/defense and BYU is a 4 star with B offense/defense, so both are pretty good early on.

The more I think about it, I think I'd like to move BYU into the conference for the reasons you mentioned @gowazzucougs, swapping a 2 star Colorado for a 4 star BYU strengthens the conference and really just makes sense in my opinion.

7. gowazzucougs

@recchem2000

and recchem just had a huge sigh of relief.

8. Dru50

Calm down, I only said I want to move BYU into the conference, I haven't de-commited from USC yet.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

:)

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

:(

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

12. Dru50

Want to expand Cole? Or are you just adding your usual witty banter?;)

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

notre dame shouldnt be in a big ten, pac 12 dynasty.

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I am an advocate of this change. BYU instead of Colorado makes more sense. Gives the conference more pop too.

15. Dru50

That ship sailed awhile ago dude, let it go.....

Unless you can convince bucsfan to go back to the Pac 10. If I were in the Big 10 dipshits or dildo's or whatever the hell dumbass name they called those divisions, I wouldn't use the Irish.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm going to choke no matter which team I have or the other guys have. If you were going to switch I would say just use Utah, and leave the conferences as in tact as we can. If I was in the Pac 12 I would select Oregon and then Utah, they are a solid squad and you can woop up on all the established under achievers in the conference with the new guys.

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

bucsfan originally drafted USC iirc...

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Trying to get rid of Dru already? Probably a smart move, we don't want him jacking shit up in the Big Ten either.

19. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

close. Trying to get ND out of the big ten as well lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dru50

Like I said - if someone in the Big 10 would rather be in the Pac 10 - I'm willing to entertain a swap. I'm not really a 'fan' of USC or any other team, so which team I use isn't a huge thing to me.

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

indiana?

22. Dru50

Only if you, whygod and jface decide you want to switch to the dregs of your side of the division.

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

if im in the big ten im rolling wisco. i like the idea of the other too switching though as they have by far the two best teams to build with in our league, and i need every advantage i can get.

24. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

seriously :rolleyes:

25. Dru50

Wait, I'm confused, I'm supporting your use of ND in the Big 10......