Team talent differences

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jul 22, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I wrote this in the scores thread:
    Now that I'm 6 games into my Michigan dynasty I can't really understand the difference between how teams of different levels play.

With Illinois I suck ASS at stopping the run. I've allowed 560 rushing yards through 3 games (187/game).
    Michigan has only allowed 152 rushing yards through SIX games (25 yds/game).

Illinois can't get ANY pressure on the QB. We've only gotten 6 sacks in 3 games.
    Michigan's 88 OVR LE has already broken the Michigan single season sack record with 13 sacks in only 6 games! Michigan has 29 sacks in 4 games (5/per game compared to Illinois' 2/game).

The defensive stat that really matters, PPG is drastically different too. Michigan's has given up 60 points in 6 games (10 PPG). Illinois has given up WAY more points (83) in half as many games.

It's very weird. My Illinois CPU games have been extremely challenging. My Michigan games, which use sliders VERY similar to The E's, have been brokenly easy (even though I did lose to UConn). I now need to drastically alter the sliders to try to make my defense be less dominant.

Obviously you'd expect the good teams to play better than the bad ones, but I've never seen such a drastic difference before (and Michigan is only 10 points better than Illinois at 91 v. 81 OVR).

It's gonna be interesting to see how the good teams and bad teams in the E fare against the CPU.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Were alot of those michigan sacks because of QB trying to scramble?

3. jello1717

Not at all. Most of them aren't by blitzing either. I can just rush 3 or 4 and my CPU controlled LE (Beyer) just beats the RT on a regular basis.

4. jello1717

I just checked and Michigan has faced these QBs:

Akron - scrambler - 8 sacks
    PSU - Balanced - 6 sacks
    CMU - Pocket Passer - 5 sacks
    ND - Pocket Passer - 4 sacks
    Minnesota - Balanced - 4 sacks
    UConn - Pocket Passer - 2 sacks

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

sniff... sniff... :cautious:

6. jello1717

I'm not quite sure you understood my point. It was that the sliders worked great for my bad Illinois team, but they were brokenly bad for Michigan as they're putting up arcade numbers with them.

I had good sliders in '13 and with them I had more losses against the CPU in my Michigan offliner than I had with SMU in this OD for both CPU and USERs combined. That's what I'm trying to achieve in '13, but it's been really difficult to achieve with a good Michigan team.

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

You're offline UM team is who you were referring to?

8. jello1717

Yes. They're having entirely too much success for the first year of the dynasty which means they'd be u stoppable once I build them to 99/99/99.

9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I get almost no pressure with Michigan on these sliders.

10. jello1717

That's weird. I'm using pretty much the same sliders and Beyer is putting up retarded sack totals. I drastically changed the CPU pass blocking last game and he went from a 5 sack game before to a 1 sack game after, but it's WAY too early to tell if I've fixed the problem.

11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Same here :sour:

12. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Against UofC my team was pretty much a lame duck. I knew my DB's were bad but every out or flag route ran their wasn't a defender close most of the time. Shit their wasn't a DB close to any of his guys I think he was 16/17 or something like that. I was surprised that he was able to run the ball at will. I found it comical playing the game and watching his RB's. It's like an arcade RB with all the cuts, spins, jukes, or dragging guys 5 or 7 yrds while playing in slow mode. Not sure he if he saved it, but one play I had four guys on top of his back on the ground and he bounced up in the air to run and my LB caught him mid air around the waist and suplexed him. I would like to see the game speed of normal to fast and play it that way for a bit. I feel the everything is just in slow motion when I play.

13. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I know their is talk in another league suggesting that the same sliders play different in another formats. Not sure if that's the case or not.

14. jello1717

I thought we were playing on normal speed Masler.

I'd hate playing on fast though as I prefer slow and find normal to be too fast.

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I like Slow, but you would notice if you were on that speed or not. When making pitches the running backs will stop and then start going. This does not happen on normal. Kinda upsets me, because the game plays better and looks better on slow.

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Saved the entire game on mr capture card. I'm editing all my games at the end of the season cause I don't have time this next month to edit 12+ videos all together. Ill re look at it though. Oh and I was 13-14