Team Thoughts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GSUtiger, Jul 14, 2010.

1. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Team Thoughts

I haven't seen alot of action over here since the game dropped. so i will give you guys something to start with.

What are your thoughts of your teams play/players so far since you've had the game?

2. RazorFang

RazorFang Walk On

Just a quick thought in regards to my team (ECU) - Traditionally, I've played with run first offenses in NCAA. With this year's edition, I'll be forced into running an "Air-Raid" offense because of the new coaching staff and I'll admit... I'm a bit nervous. For one, I'm inexperienced in such a pass heavy offense. Second, this will be ECU's first year in such an offense and their personnel (especially QB) isn't exactly built for it. Anyone have much experience running Texas Tech's or any other pass happy offenses? If so, got any pointers?

3. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

My thoughts are that I don't want to be Houston... they are too good. I had my eye on Marshall, but in order to keep the conference integrity intact, would anyone have an objection if I switched to RICE? A huge step down, but I can't get stoked for Houston.

4. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

I really think 11' is the best so far cpu is not cupcakes anymore

5. Redspyda863

Redspyda863 Walk On

Boise has a crazy running game...... a little to good. but im worried babout the passing game a little bit

6. Yash Roodhouse

Yash Roodhouse Walk On

haven't touch wyoming yet... would like named rosters before i get into this game... should be soon though

7. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

a good temporary roster file can be downloaded from he psn: gamingtailgate

8. RFLAGG080

RFLAGG080 Walk On

Byu things
    Toying with idea of starting a freshman QB the ironic twist also toying with red shirting same player and hoping I don't have an injury.

RBs are more talented them than air raid playbook would lead one to believe

LBS are less talented/deep then I like to run the 3-4 some of this might just be that in general I prefer the 4-3

General Things
    LSU has my favorite playbook so far

Generic Multiple offense comes with a wishbone? Why must you taunt me EA?

Recruiting I like the change that now you can't just find one or two things a highly sought after recruit likes about your school and harp on that until they come. Haven't played enough of it yet, but I do worry this recruit choosing topic will push recruit to strongly towards a rich get richer mode.

9. wreck'em

wreck'em Walk On

I run the Run and Shoot, but the systems are fairly similar. In 4 wide sets, the staple of Air Raid and R&S offenses, you can diagnose coverages as man or zone in 2 ways: you can line up in trips and tell if it is man by looking to see if all your WRs in the trips have a man lined up on them. If a WR does not have a defender lined up on him, it is zone. For 4 wide sets that do not trips, you can diagnose coverage by motioning one of your wide receivers to the other side to make a trips set and then back to his original spot. While the wide receiver was in the trips momentarily, the method from when lined up in a trips formation can be used.

After diagnosing the defense, hot routes can be made to exploit the defense. For man coverage, slants, in and out routes, and corner routes are very effective. Zone coverage is exploited by sending the 4 wide receivers to 4 different spots on the field (i.e. Streak pattern, out route, inside slant, corner route). One of these are almost guaranteed to not be covered in the zone defense. Then it is just down to your pocket presence to spot the open man and get rid of the football as quickly as possible.

Hope that helps some. :)

10. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

I have been wanting to control a wishbone team, and being that i grew up 45 minutes from the AFA, it was time to rock one.

The BIGGEST challenge for me will be playing sim with an option team. I feel that they lead the BIGGEST challenge as far as playing sim because A)Its hard not to pitch out of the clutch, B)Its hard to STICK with the option should you go down. I look forward to the challenge though. Being as Im playing against a bunch of sim gamers it wont be like online where the guy I am playing does nothing but try and drop bombs to post routes.

I hope that having Colorado all to myself yields me a bunch of prime 3 star recruits :) I am debating if I want to stick with the wishbone, or move to the GT triple option, I may experiment against some of the weaker MWC teams like Wyoming and New Mexico.

11. bdub77

bdub77 JV Waterboy

This TCU running game is scary good. It's deep. And my QB, free of injury, will certainly light up the score board. I'm use to playing with basement dweller teams, so playing with TCU will offer a challenge to me because they have so many weapons. As many weapons as they have however, doesn't matter if the dude on sticks can't handle them.

As far as recruiting goes, I'm hoping to get Tim Riggins to qualify and Matt Sarensen to leave his art junk and play some football ;) Maybe coach Taylor will come out as well ha!

12. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

This is what I think of when I think of bdubb's team...

[​IMG]

13. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

This is the best that JDBattle's Air Force can muster...

[​IMG]

And yes... that is still a bush, just not the right kind.

14. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

Looking at Hawaii's team, they are definitely geared for passing all the time. Haha, I'm not a terrible passer, but I still like to run the ball. That may have to abandoned a little this season, until the recruiting kicks in. Recruiting will be tough, but I should get all the players that are in Hawaii. Even the best ones aren't that interested in us, though.