Team Types

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, May 16, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Team Types

Hey folks. Been thinking about something - do we want to set a team type for the league? What I mean is real(ish) teams versus joke/fantasy teams. We could go one of two ways:

1. Keep the teams real(ish), based on existing college/university/high school teams. Basically keeping "funny" teams (Acme Whoopie Cushions) out.

2. Free-for-all. Anything but truly offensive team names goes.

Thoughts?

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think our teams should be able to pass as real teams, even if they aren't. I don't want any spoof teams, like the one in your post, but I could see a team that is completely made up as a real option, as long as it sounds like a college team. I could even see old high school teams used, as long as their names were "updated" to give them a collegiate feel. For example, the words "high school" would need to go, as would probably anything with the suffix "-ville" but aside from that, I think we could make it work.

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    My team will be realistic.

Have they released the team types that we can use to create our schools.

4. Razcalking1978

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

6. Razcalking1978

That's the hope. I don't know if it affects performance, but if it does, we won't be able to touch height and weight either.

My worry is that there'll be know way to know if someone has gone in and messed with the skills after their team is created.

7. Mallard Muscle

Mallard Muscle Blue Chip Prospect

Since each created team is based on an original team we could always go back and look at what the original teams players are rated to tell if the created team has been modified.

What about changing a schools recruting strengths and weaknesses? I don't know if it will be possible to modify them, but I think it would be nice to be able to change some of that stuff for the created team. It could be done where if someone changes their campus lifestyle from great to excellent then they would have to knock another area down one level, like change program tradition from above average to average, for example.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That would be cool. I hope it's something we can do, because I'd definitely want to be in control of the kind of school I coach for.

9. Razcalking1978

From what I know you'll be able to pick pitch strengths.

As far as I can tell, basing your roster off of an existing team is only one option, and not the one we'd probably use.

From the screenshot, and from past CAS, you can pick a "style", or template, and it will create a whole new team for you based on that.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That is what i was thinking you could select "cupcake" "air it out" etc. Wish the site was up now.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

my team will be realistic. I have no idea what state or the team name, I will decide once we finally iron out the confernces.

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I would say anything goes on team names as long as it is realistic for football and not a joke of some kind.

13. Mallard Muscle

So you're saying that I can't make the Davis International of California Fighting Rubbers?

You know you want to see the DIC Rubbers win the big one.

14. Mallard Muscle

So you're saying that I can't make the Davis International of California Fightin' Rubbers?

You know you want to see the DIC Rubbers win the big one.

15. Razcalking1978

Now where's a water-spitting smiley when you need one.