Team Win % (2012-2019)

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Apr 30, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

All this talk about which division is better, etc has got me thinking. So below are the Cumulative Win % since 2012 for all teams, by division

AL East:

[​IMG]

Tampa Bay has been the most dominant franchise since starting, including a World Championship in 2018. The Yankees and Red Sox quickly flatlined from an excellent Win %, and are finally beginning to stabalize. Toronto had a horrible start, but have since surpassed both the Yankees and Red Sox. And finally the Orioles. After starting off very poorly, they continue to be on the rise. They captured their own World Championship in 2019.

AL Central:
    [​IMG]

The White Sox have been one of the worst franchises since 2012 and have yet to meet their .450 Win % their 1st season. After winning the very first World Series, the Royals have quickly become mediocre, they trended upward slightly, but it will take a few seasons to show they are back. Cleveland had a good couple of seasons, but since the #teepeetankjob started, it has been all downhill. Minnesota, after starting slowly and building a system continues to win and do not appear to have peaked yet. The Tigers had a rough first year as they traded everything for picks. They peaked in 2015 with a World Championship and since then, are on the decline.

AL West

[​IMG]

Oakland has really struggled since the league started, and show no signs of getting better. After a good season in 2013, the Rangers have slowly been trending downward. The Angels had 2 great seasons to start the league but since, have been hovering above .500. With no real rebuild, they are just trying to stay competitive. Houston continues to get better and better after drafting well the first few seasons. They do not appear to have peaked and won the World Series in 2017. And finally, the Mariners have been the class of this division, highlighted by a 2016 World Championship.

NL East

[​IMG]

After being a pretty awful franchise, the Phillies finally seem to be getting it together. Unfortunately, after having a difficult few first seasons which nearly cost him his job, Noles has gotten the Nats back on track with a quicker rise than the Phillies. The Mets have been consistently mediocre and we can only hope Drifter turns this around. The Marlins have surprisingly been a very consistent team, but yet never making any noise in the post season. Maybe it's because of the godforsaken Braves. They have dominated and have one of the NL's two World Series wins (2014)

NL Central

[​IMG]

The Cubs have been horrible, and continue to get worse. Not sure if a tank job or not is going on here, but both Chicago teams are bad. The Pirates started out well enough for a few seasons, but after their own tank job, hit rock bottom in 2018. They are beginning to trend upward. Milwaukee has been a very consistent team, peaking in 2013 and 2019. They may be ready to start their own tank job. St. Louis took a bad slide in 2014, but have sort of stabilized it. They are still way above .500 since 2012. And finally the Reds have quickly turned themselves into the winningest team in the Division.

NL West

[​IMG]

Complete dominance by the Giants and although they took a slide from 2017 to 2018, they seem to be stabalizing. The Diamondbacks really took their time getting the pieces in place, but now look to soon eclipse the Giants. They made a World Series appearance last year. Interestingly enough... the only other NL Team to win a World Series was the Dodgers in 2013. They peaked in 2015, and are now quickly becoming mediocre. The Rockies have been mismanaged for awhile and appear to be leveling off. And finally the Padres. After peaking in 2014, they continue to lose and show no signs of slowing down.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 12
  2. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Enjoyed the read. Thanks for putting this together.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Agreed

4. PAgamer07

No problem man. Interesting to note: Braves, Giants, Mariners, Tigers and Rays most dominant since we started. The last two really surprised me. NL Central has been all over the place, so no real dominance although the Reds are quickly headed that way.

Cubs and White Sox are historically bad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  6. PAgamer07

My appologies to my boy Josh... the Marlins did make some noise. Made the World Series in 2017

• Like Like x 2
  7. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Nice stuff. I've been curious about what the Rockies were like before I joined.

And just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, each year is total win percentage up to that point, right? So 2012 is just 2012, but 2013 is 2012 + 2013 and 2014 is 2012 + 2013 + 2014, etc.?

9. PAgamer07

Correct. I did not count years previous to 2012. So it's cumulative

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

It's easy to forget amongst the dominance of the Braves. Pretty soon I'm going to start sounding like Notre Dame and Michigan fans.... "But we dominated back in the 50's!!!"

• Like Like x 6
  11. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

I go on hiatus and the Tigers go to hell please meet handbasket.

• Like Like x 2