Teambuilder

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jun 7, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I've never used this before, but do any of you guys know if it would be possible to recreate the Oregon ducks using the 12 roster, their uniforms, and stadium and such while being able to create them as a 4 star program?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah its definitely possible. There are a lot of guys that make historic, previous, and even current teambuilder versions of college teams.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I may be mistaken, can't the commish change prestige ratings?

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I obviously can't speak to '12, but in '11 I made a team builder Michigan team so I could get some SWEET yellow jerseys. TB is extremely limiting and these are just the limitations that I found out in my limited experience:
    1. There are only 2 home and 2 away jersey options and either 2 or maybe 3 pants. For me that didn't matter, but you wouldn't be able to get all of your Ducks' combos.
    2. There's only a couple basic shoes. Again, I don't care, but you might.
    3. I'm not sure if all of the Ducks uniform options are in TB. If they aren't, you can't replicate the weird shit they do like studs or wings on the shoulders.
    4. You lose all stadium sounds. It's likely you can still use custom sounds for a TB team, but you'd lose your fight song on the road.
    5. You'll likely lose your team entrance if you care about fluff like that (I don't).
    6. This is huge. You lose all team history. For me, it sucked looking @ my "Michigan Wolverines" info page in dynasty and seeing that we've never won a national title or even a conference championship and that we'd never won a single NCAA game before I took over.
    7. This is huger. You lose all rivalries. Instead you inherit 1 and only 1 rivalry from the team you replace with your TB team. Since you'll replace Oregon with "Oregon", then you'll keep 1 rivalry and lose the rest. Obviously this sucks ass for recruiting.
    I remember there being other things that sucked, but those are the ones that stand out for me. For me, #7 would be much more than enough for me to not use a TB team and if not, then #6 would put it over the edge, but of course my favorite team is steeped in tradition.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've never heard of this before.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I think it's coach prestige, if there's a difference.

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I knew it was something like that