Teams Getting No Love

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, May 17, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Teams Getting No Love

I have two teams in mind that I know are going to be good in 2010, yet no one seems to want to play them. I find this odd, since we seem to snatch up the best teams first (or some of us do, at least) yet neither of these teams has been chosen anywhere in the OFFL.

1. Ole Miss - This team should come in ranked somewhere in the top 15, and they'll have a monster at the QB position. After blowing out TTech in the bowl game last year, all the sports writers are saying this will be a big year for them.

2. Georgia Tech - This one just baffles me. Top 15 team, run-heavy, brand new offensive sets (the revamped fleXbox One, which looks pretty cool) and a stud defense. I thought GT would be the sexy pick of this year's game, yet no one has taken them yet. Well, I did, but I switched because I thought the Big East wouldn't fill up. But I'll be playing them offline.

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Georgia Tech is an intruiging pick. If I was any good at all at running the option, I'd consider them. Seems like 1/4 option tosses end up on the turf.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Nebraska has a mobile QB. I thought maybe you'd go back to the old school offense, which looks quite a bit like what GT runs.

For me, the key to the option is not instinctively pitching when you're about to go down. This is what most guys do. Most of the time, 2-3 yards without the risk of a pitch is the way to go. However, sometimes it's open, and the pitch gets good yardage. I like the FB on the triple option, especially against guys who stack the line. Break one tackle, and you're off and running.

And to revise my Ole Miss prediction, it looks like they're right around #7 at the moment. Big year for the Rebels.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Ole Miss is a team I am considering heavy.

Ill make my choice by this evening.

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

If they don't mess up the option this year, Ga Tech would be a lot of fun. There were a couple years where the option was way too effective. This year it seemed to be pretty well balanced.

Ole Miss plays a great schedule. They'd be a fun team to play with.

6. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I am an old option lover from the ND Tony Rice, Jerome Bettis, Ricky Waters, Mark Green, Rodney Culver, Anthony Johnson, etc., days to the late 80's - mid 90's Nebraska teams. I really like GT in the coming years with Paul Johnson at the helm and considered taking them. I just am not an ACC football fan so I am bringin some option to Ann Arbor.
    It seems like every 5 - 10 years a really good triple option team comes along, has great success, (Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, probably GT in the years to come) then the coach retires or moves on and people say the option is dead, wouldn't work anymore, and then it pops up again somewhere and dominates all over again. I love the option and the Tommy Frazier Nebraska team would roll up any defense in any era.