Teblow to skip Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JOEDESIGNS, Jan 30, 2010.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I know you hate Tebow and all but they have talking on Sportcenter the last few days and also ESPN OTL that Tebow was sick this week. They also said his stock was doing down because of the mechanics issues he has but he has had them his whole career.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Is that why he is playing right now?

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LOL I know please post again on here explaining where you get your info from

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Tebow would be decent if he didn't have that hitch of dropping his hands before he throws. I feel he's coachable and can make the necessary adjustments to become a NFL QB.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

That and more practice at reading defenses the kid's smart he will get it figured out if he can fix some mechanical issues.

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Didn't Aaron Rodgers have mechanics issues as well?

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    QB's are so scrutinized, everyone has mechanics problems...it's what is between your ears that makes the big difference.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

All the QB's were really bad today in my opinion.

I randomly came across this video the other day. Guy was my idol growing up. Taking a trip down memory lane and watching this guys footwork is amazing. If you look at today's QB's, it's amazing how uncoordinated they are when it comes to their footwork and hips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVjTlVcB1AQ&feature=player_embedded

As for Tebow, I found this video interesting:

http://www.quarterbackacademy.com/coach_cast.html

I wouldn't say Tebow's ever had a quick release, but he definitely had solid mechanics (not perfect but solid) when he was in high school. I'm really dumbfounded about how he picked up that bad habit where he loops the ball below his waist.

11. GoGators

To add to this, Pike had 2 passes to Gilyard for 21 yards. If I recall correctly, they were both quick passes and not even routes.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Zach Robinson was the best quarterback out there today. IMO he made the best throws and looked the most fundamentaly sound. Tebow played alright, he'll be decent at the next level. And the kid from WVU made some pretty throws as well.

B.Graham represented the University of Michigan very well. I'm very proud of his performance today and will make a good joker linebacker one day.

13. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Tebow does have a very long delivery that will not translate well to the NFL. Changing something like that, how he has been throwing a football for 15 years, will not be easy and that is why he is such a ?. I really don't think the dude is all that smart either. I'm not saying he is stupid but when he talks he does come off as Mr. Jock athlete and not exactly Alvin Einstein.

14. bdes

bdes Guest

Dude c'mon. Alvin Einstein? Seeing that made me just not care to even comment about the rest of your post. No offense, but c'mon..

15. Juggernautblitz

I agree, that was pretty bad.

16. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Even before those fumbles they were tough on Tebow. I don't like the Gators/Tebow but you have to respect his body of work. If he gets a good coach and quickens up that delivery he'll be fine. Mechanics will get better as he progresses. Vince Young mechanics are terrible but yet he continues to win. I hope they give him a fair shot.

18. Juggernautblitz

Please don't pretend like changing his mechanics will be something one offseason will fix and let's not pretend that him fumbling snaps from center aren't a big problem. There are a ton of guys with more passing ability than Tebow who were never able to "fix" problems with their mechanics, slow delivery, etc. over the course of years. Any team taking him will be taking a real risk on that pick. I agree with your assessment of Vince Young though. He is not real bright and can't throw that well but somehow continues to win.

19. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

QBs who fumble:
    Kurt Warner
    David Krieg
    Warren Moon
    Brett Favre
    Daunte Culpepper
    Kerry Collins

The guys listed above have had decent careers at QB in NFL. They are among the career or season leaders in fumbles. Moon, Krieg and Favre are the career leaders. Krieg, Collins, Moon and Culpepper are among the season leaders in fumbles.

If Tebow can fix his mechanics he will be fine. If not he could be an HBack or a TE like Jim Jensen was for the Dolphins years ago.

20. Juggernautblitz

We can agree to disagree and then revisit in a few years but the fact of the matter is that what Tim Tebow was good at in college is simply not ran in the NFL. Teams don't line up 4 speedy WR's to spread the D and then run QB's up the middle on draw plays. That is a college thing, not an NFL thing, so "if" Tebow is to even be able to make an NFL roster as a QB he will need to become something he has not been which is a dropback qb, taking snaps from under center instead of shotgun. That would be way too much of a gamble (inside of first 4 or 5 rounds) if I was a GM but we will see.

21. Juggernautblitz

We can agree to disagree and then revisit in a few years but the fact of the matter is that what Tim Tebow was good at in college is simply not ran in the NFL. Teams don't line up 4 speedy WR's to spread the D and then run QB's up the middle on draw plays. That is a college thing, not an NFL thing, so "if" Tebow is to even be able to make an NFL roster as a QB he will need to become something he has not been which is a dropback qb, taking snaps from under center instead of shotgun. That would be way too much of a gamble (inside of first 4 or 5 rounds) if I was a GM but we will see.

22. GoGators

I'm with Jugger. As much as I love Tebow, he's just not an NFL prototype. If I was a GM, I wouldn't draft him before the 4th round. Actually, excluding Zac Robinson, I wouldn't draft any of the QBs from Saturday's game before the 4th round. Every single one of those guys looked horribly awkward under center and trying to drop back.

What really surprised me about Tebow is that even when he broke the pocket he wasn't able to do much. I think it was a glimpse of what will happen when the other team has big, fast, and quality LBs and D-linemen.

I'm not saying Tebow won't be able to be a good NFL QB, he's capable of anything. It just will take a lot of time and hard work.