Tell me if I'm wrong...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Sep 13, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Tell me if I'm wrong...

...but Calvin Johnson and my beloved Lions got f'd.

[​IMG]

Complete control of the ball, two feet in bounds, then both cheeks in bounds (if Madden taught me anything, its that one knee equals too feet... that also applies to your butt, elbow, etc.), palmed the ball as his tush hit the ground and rolled over and lost the ball when he went to stand back up.

To me, the application of the rule that is being cited all over ESPN, Fox, NBC, etc., is COMPLETELY wrong. To me, that rule is applied in the event that a guy makes a catch in the air and lands directly on the ground.

I generally don't like Mitch Albom, but for once I completely agree with him here...
    http://www.freep.com/article/20100913/COL01/9130483/1319/Your-eyes-dont-lie-Lions-WR-clearly-made-catch

I'm tired of being sh!t on as a Detroit fan and lover of the city and really hope they magically go on a 15-1 tear. Won't happen though. The Tigers are out of it, the Lions lost the season with Stafford's shoulder probably, the Pistons are going to be lucky to win 20 games, and I don't really care about the Red Wings anymore.

I mean in the last two years has a city been shat on any more than Detroit???

1) The economy decimated the city I basically grew up loving.
    2) Brandon Inge was hit by the pitch with the bases loaded, which would have sent the Tigers to the playoffs.
    [​IMG]
    The ump even admitted it after the fact.
    3) Galaragga threw a perfect game. The ump f'd him there.
    [​IMG]

I so badly to see something good happen for one of "my teams" and "my" city. It just never seems to end.

There's my rant.

Me and Mitch Albom appear to be the only ones in the country that agree on the rule, the actual spirit of the rule, and the fact that the man in charge screwed Detroit again.

Just my opinion.

But I'm raging against the machine now. The NFL/state of Michigan/city of Detroit should be lucky that horrendous call wasn't in Detroit and I wasn't there...
    Cause I would've started the fire...
    [​IMG]

Here's hoping Stafford is ok and the Lions finish with a respectable season...

2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I completely agree with you on the catch by CJ. If that is not a catch, then the catch by Lance Moore in the superbowl(or whenever it was) should not be a catch. He clearly came down with the ball and should have been rewarded for making a great play.

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Definately a catch. I wonder what the discussion would be if it had been ruled a catch. Sadly, sports will always have instances that are decided by human error.

4. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

This the endzone part of this rule needs to be rewritten. That was a catch that unfortunately got the bad end of a bad rule.

5. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I feel your pain man, after all I am from Cleveland. lol

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I feel your pain...

But Mitch Albom is a complete P.O.S.......I would love to kick his punk ass.

7. Fisker

Fisker Walk On

as just as big of a lions fan as you are smooth i'm not happy with yesterdays game. problem being i have yet to hear a neutral party admit they got the ruling wrong. seems like there are too many biased opinions because everyone wanted to see detroit win. had there been no instant replay this would have been a mess but alas in the NFL there is, no jim joyce calls here. there was no human error, it is just the rule.

i agree with schwartz; had the entire game to score and one play doesn't make or break them. i think that whoever calls the plays on offense should be canned immediately. there is a reason backup qbs get work in preseason and practice and it seemed like as soon as stafford went down, they just totally gave up and would run little dives and 2 yards passes, none of which obviously worked until the very end when they started opening things up. they had all of halftime to try and plan out the 2nd half with hill but i think they all just balled up in a corner and cried. they showed zero confidence in albeit a backup, but a guy who can win games in the NFL. the bears quickly smelled out the pussy play of the lions and did nothing but put 8 in the box and bum rush the middle. i never thought i would see a lions team so heavily rely on their defense as they did yesterday and it pumped me up for the future. the dline played awesome and the secondary was hitting. the goalline stand is one of the greatest series on defense i've seen out of the lions in the past 10 years. i just wish when the defense stepped up, so would someone on offense.

today i would much rather be a lions fan than a cowboys fan. fumble td at halftime and holding calls to end the game and bring back the game winning touchdown.

8. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I am Cowboys Fan.

9. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Well that sucks to be you then... :)

10. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

smooth your right, not a huge fan of the lions (except suh) but that was a catch for TD if any other pass into the endzone was one. 2 feet in, ball control, then leg/hip/butt, then he voluntarilly rolled over to his right, set the ball down to run to the crowd. this call only made me hate the refs and BEARS even more. esp after hearing cutler say he doesnt care if he throws ints. Lions 1-0 bears 0-1*. * *(asterisk)