Ten Games to Watch in Season 1

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

With CL '14 right around the corner, here are 10 Season 1 user matchups that I can't wait to see unfold.

CJTHA1 @ ssuwr86 (Sept. 14)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Chompions League gets a taste of non-conference user action a season early with this one. We won't deviate from real life schedules and conference alignments until season 2, but since UCLA and Nebraska play in real life this year, CJ and SSU will do the same. Not sure if this will be a Rose Bowl preview, but it's definitely a nice appetizer for the end of the year showdown between the B1G and PAC 12. Both users will have a lot to prove with SSU being a brand new CL member and CJ being the only 3* team.

Glen Cieske @ Spayer419 (Sept. 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    One of the best user rivalries from CL '13 returns this launch, and both sides will be hungry to start off the series with positive momentum. Though it's an early-season matchup, this contest should help determine the Leader's Division Champion as it did in every season in CL '13. With OSU and Wisconsin only being in the same division for Season 1 this launch, both users will relish in the opportunity to hand the other a very bitter defeat.

MrWitness36 @ macc24usc (Sept. 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    With unbalanced divisions in Season 1, things are perfectly set up for Georgia to make a run at the SEC crown and even a national title. The Bulldogs play only one user game during the regular season and also avoid reigning national champion Alabama. If Georgia can protect home field against LSU, things will be looking up in Athens. On the other side, LSU is the only user team that plays Georgia, giving them an extra user game. The Tigers will likely need this one to have a shot in the brutal SEC West.

cyhiphopp @ cmassey13 (Sept. 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    With 3 user games, the week of September 28 is shaping up to be one of the most interesting of the season, and one that will surely help clear the picture in the SEC. Cy and CMassey were two of the more successful users in CL '13, so it will be great to see this rivalry develop now that they're in the same conference. Texas A&M definitely has the edge in talent, but at home the Razorbacks have a shot to foil the Aggies' lofty aspirations.

jandy @ CJTHA1 (Oct. 26)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    UCLA is only a 3* program, but I have confidence in CJ's ability to build them up quickly. There will be no better way for him to prove that he's a legitimate program than on a national stage against the PAC 12 favorite, Oregon. At home in the Rose Bowl, this one could be an upset in the making.

Jbek @ Spayer419 (Oct. 26)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    A great rivalry returns to Chompions League. In CL' 13 Penn State gave Spayer plenty of trouble as the computer, beating his Buckeyes twice while preventing perfect seasons from OSU. With Jbek at the helm the Nittany Lions are an even more formidable opponent. There's a chance Ohio State will be undefeated going into this game. Can Penn State work its magic again?

jandy @ Boraby (Nov. 7)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    With USC off their schedule, this is Oregon's final user game of the year. There could be a lot on the line for the Ducks going into this one, namely an undefeated season and shot at a national title. But Oregon had similar stakes riding into a home contest against the Cardinal last season and fell short to the more physical Stanford group. Boraby will look to repeat history while also making a name for himself in this late season showdown.

Boraby @ TheMNorthFace (Nov. 16)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    There's a ton of familiarity between these two friends and users, which includes but goes beyond NCAA Football. An instate rivalries between two same-city users ... this matchup should become one of the finest rivalries in Chompions League.

ssuwr86 @ Jbek (Nov. 23)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    In CL '13 Ohio State and Wisconsin dominated the B1G and there was very little stability or consistency between the revolving door of users that controlled the various other teams in the conference. With Jbek and Penn State and SSU at Nebraska, I believe we have stability within the conference. But can they compete? They will both have several opportunities to answer this question over the first few years, and this contest is one of those opportunities. As the Wisconsin-Ohio State rivalry continues to roll on, I expect that the Penn State-Nebraska matchup will evolve into another heated contest in the B1G. In a division all by itself for Season 1, Nebraska will likely need this win to clinch a spot in the B1G title game, as well.

TheMNorthFace @ CJTHA1
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These users don't any history, but they will soon enough. The USC-UCLA rivalry is starting to pick up steam once again in college football with the resurgence of UCLA, and with both teams being user-controlled it should be one of the better annual matchups in CL '14.

Think I missed one? What game(s) are you most looking forward to? Share your thoughts below!

• Like Like x 3
  2. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Im excited about my first OOC matchup with UCLA. It'll be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah it's nice that we get 1 OOC user matchup for Season 1. I feel there's going to be a nice little rivalry between the B1G and PAC 12, so start us off on the right foot!

4. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Football is in the air lets get started !! lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I have to travel to Fayetteville and Baton Rouge this season. Woo doggy! I will definitely have to earn those two! I also get Bama to start of SEC play!

• Like Like x 2
  6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

With the National Championship being in Pasadena we could see multiple B1G - PAC12 bowl matchups there. Combined with UCLA playing a ton of epic games there, the Rose Bowl may need some remodeling before next season!

• Like Like x 2
  7. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I'm very pumped that I will be involved in 3 of these games. Me and jandy renew our match-up in the PAC-12. Having to battle USC not only for PAC-12 title birth possibly but for recruits in the very talented state of California. As the only 3* program this is going to be a challenge but we shall overcome. BTW..season preview coming soon

• Like Like x 2
  8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

UCLA is rated better than some 4 stars at least. You will get that 4th star after the first season most likely.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah it's all about jumping to 4 stars in that first season. You do that and you should be golden