Ten Yard Fight 2.0 has launched !

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Danthraxxx, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok guys week one will be up in a matter of moments !

Next advance is Friday midnight EST

Couple things.... I have bumped us up to Heisman recruiting , not as scary as it sounds I promise. Also, I will make us new thread or two for team previews and scholarship tracking. I have good news for recruiting coming tomorrow as well , sorry for not getting them up tonight but I need to get to bad.

Good luck guys (y)

hugezombie
    Ruckus Redbird19
    sreese
    LB Fitted
    CTgotDaGameLokD
    tothevictors56
    hornfaninbama
    jay2149
    sschevyridah
    Aspect1

2. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

Danthraxxx Just an idea but in my other dynasty we use the weekly advance to post game summaries and we have a conference Page to post recruiting news and stories of interest. This keeps everyone going to the same spot and not jumping around looking for topics. Seems to work well in OC.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

HAIL MARY
    Tigers Take Down Sooners 45-38

Norman,OK- It was a tale of 2 halves at Gaylord Memorial on Saturday as the Tigers and Sooners scored 9 points in the 1st half and then scored 10 TD's in the 2nd.

Mizzou took a 6-3 lead into the locker room before scoring the next 2 times down the field to stretch the lead to 20-7. The run game never got moving like the Tigers wanted, but he passing game picked up the slack. Franklin connected with his receivers deep over and over again en route to 399 yards and 5 TDs. In the 3rd he hit on a 60 yarder, a 32 yarder, and a 78 yarder. But the Tigers defense could barely slow down the Sooners once they got moving. Jones threw for 447 yards and 3 TDs.

Oklahoma had narrowed the lead to 27-17 going into the 4th. And went up 31-30 with :52 left. Franklin connected on 3 straight passes to get Mizzou into the end zone. And connected with Waters on a 2pt try to take a 7 point lead with :33 to go. OU moved down the field quickly and efficiently with Jones matching Frankin by hitting all his passes on the drive. Jones hit Jackson for a TD with :04 on the clock. Moe took the kickoff upfield and was tackled at the 32 and the clock was whistled dead with :01 on the clock.

Franklin dropped back and spotted Lucas running all by himself down the sideline. Franklin uncorked a beautiful spiral down the left sideline and hit Franklin in stride who waltzed into the end zone for the Haik Mary score.

Mizzou should have a chance to jump into the Top 25 before taking in Georgia in their inaugural SEC conference game. Oklahoma marks the beginning of a brutal stretch for Missouri. They have #6 Georgia next week followed by a bye before taking on a very good South Carolina squad. The following week they host the FSU Seminoles before finally getting a breather with a game against Vandy. But the game against the Commodores is a shirt break as they take on Alabama at home the following week.
    Welcome to the SEC Tigers.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

out gunned!
    wildcats fall to superior talent 38-24

Stanford welcomed the wildcats into their home and promptly dismantled their guests. the game started and before anyone could blink the wildcats were down 14 and seemed to be flat. Cain Kolter the wildcats qb was rendered infective by a combination of drops and bad reads. after a few drives coach fitz decided to change it up and try to establish the run. it never got on track. "we just couldnt get started on the ground. are only productive runs were scrambles by cain. our oline needs to do a better job moving people off the ball." coach fitz stated. the team looked rattled by the atmosphere at stanford. after the short passing game finally picked up and produced the cats were unable to punch it in and were forced to kick for three. the half ended with stanford up 24-3 and firmly in control.

Kolter took things into his own hands and decided that enough was enough. he ran and passed creating offense were there was none. when his blocking held up he was able to make solid throws, however he was under duress a great deal of the second half. the team looked slow and flat in their opener. kolter said "i guess we just werent ready. after camp we felt pretty good, and i guess we just rode that feeling into stanford. they put us back to earth right away. the coaches kept trying to wake us up. it just was too late, we are a young team and we just sleepwalked through this one." kolter rushed for 2 tds inside the ten when the running game stalled. his deep ball was inconsistent but enough to move the ball. kolter and had a hard time delivering the ball to his wrs. almost every drive was derailed by a miscue. wrong routs, drops, and missed blocking assignments added up and combined with Kolter trying to do to much to create a formula for inconstancy. the defense settled in nicely after the first half but the offense was never really clicking like they are used to.

"all in all the loss showed us that we are not ready. we have alot of work to do. i need to do a better job of getting this young team ready for real competition. despite takeing a beating no one was seriously hurt and we are going to point our efforts to a difficult matchup next week when the volunteers come to visit. " coach fitz had that to say after the difficult loss

6. sreese

sreese Walk On

Aggies Steal A Win in Lubbock

Saturday didnt start well for Texas A&M sophomore QB Jameil Showers. He threw a pick on 2 of the seasons 1st 4 drives and only had 40 yards passing at the half. Texas Tech on the other hand was firing on all cylinders and took a 14-3 lead into halftime.

The 2nd half would be a much different story. The Aggies started the half by running the ball and controlling the clock pushing there way into the endzone and making the score respectable 14-10. Tech would answer back passing the ball at will. Then capping the drive with there 3rd touchdown run of the day. It looked dismal for A&M after they were forced to punt on 3 plays. Luckily the defense was able to hold Tech to a FG. Extending there lead to 24-10. Showers would answer back with his 2nd td pass of the day, but when the Aggies attepted the option on the 2 pt try is was stuffed in the backfield. The A&M defense forced Tech to punt. Giving the Aggies a shot with just 3 mins left in the game. With help of senior Rb Micheal who rushed 20 times for 111 yards and Te Lamothe, Showers moved the ball up the field. Finding Lamothe for a 12 yard td closing the gap to just 2 pts. Lomothe again found himself wide open and the game was tied!! The was about 140 left and A&M had 2 timeouts. Tech came out and completed a pass for 3 yards and was forced out of bounds. On the next play they threw and incompletion. Then on 3rd and 7 they tried a draw play, which had worked numerous times but man was i surprised. After the punt the Aggies had the ball with 45 seconds left in the game. After a 40+ yard completion to my sr WR #25(whos name i failed to remember), Showers hit Lamothe yet again but this from 43 yards out to give Texas A&M the lead with :08 seconds left. It was a great way to start the seaon, unfortunately the Aggies will be missing the services of SR RB Micheal for the next 8 weeks as he broke his collar bone. Showers was player of the game with 18-27 317 yards 4tds 2 ints 66%.

7. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

:1stars:Illini take care of business in season opener versus Northern Illinois.​
    Although both teams showed game 1 jitters in the first qtr, the Illini brought the noise in the 2nd qtr, rolling off 21 points in the quarter to take a commanding 21-0 lead at half. A overpowering run game was the key as the Illini O line opened holes for freshman rb Josh Ferguson, who finished the day with 130 yds and 1 td. Ferguson filled in nicely for starter Donavan Young who left after 3 plays with vaginal bleeding. The defensive play was stout throughout the game but Snr. FS "super" Supo Sanni was the POTG. He finished with 6 tackles and 2 picks in which one he took to the house for 70 yards.​
    After the Illini set up the run in the first Sr. signal caller Nate " Dogg" Scheelhaase went to work dotting the NIU secondary for 204 yards and 2 TD to roundout a balanced game for the Illini.​
    Coach Beckman said after the game that he was pleased overall with the teams opener especially the play of the defense, but also noted that they can't have a slow start next week if the exspect to pull the upset off at #8 Florida St. TIL Nxt Week I'm OUT!! ONE​

8. sreese

sreese Walk On

looks like the only game left to play is Danthraxxx but im not showing a score for south carolina game?

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Who we waiting on?

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yep I gotta play yet , we should advance maybe around 10-11 EST

11. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Whats the news on the recruiting by the way? Kind of curious

12. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

yeah thats kinda an odd change

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok just waiting on LB Fitted , once my Madden season pass download is done gonna have to advance unless he is online. Pretty sure he should get sim win over vandy if it comes to that lol

14. sreese

sreese Walk On

Im pretty sure he played the game but lost. Sucks for us in the sec that hes gonna end up with that win? lol but what can you do?

I just noticed that his recap is gone? I know i read it he lost pretty bad but like i said above oh well what can you do? Kinda fishy that recap is gone thou

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  15. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

wait what happened? i played the game the other day and did the recap... now im reading this? what happened?