Ten Yard Fight Chat Thread...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Aug 17, 2012.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Let's get to know each other a little bit.

My name is Trey. I grew up in Dallas raised on the Cowboys, Longhorns, Mavs and Rangers. And don't give me the bandwagon jumper tag. I have been a fan of the Rangers since Steve Buchelle, Julio Franco, Reuben Sierra, and Nolan were on the field. I have been going to Mavs games since Derek Harper and Rolando Blackmon were on the court. I remember all the 12-60 seasons, all the headaches of cheering for horrible teams. It's been a long road to get to where we are now. And unfortunately it looks like the mavs are headed back.

I went to school at Alabama because my mom taught there. Graduated in '09 and have worked for Wells Fargo since. I stayed in Tuscaloosa until 2 weeks ago and got a transfer back to DFW. Ive been a member on this site since the fall of 2009 and except for a brief hiatus to get my career going have been on pretty continuously. My favorite college teams outside of the Horns and Tide are FSU, and I actually like Maryland a good bit.

I played HS football in Texas I was a QB and LB. I like the Big XII brand of football more than the SEC. Everytime I watch an SEC game it looks the same apart from jersey colors. I know the winner is scorin between 17 and 31 regardless of opponent and in the Big XII there's more unknown going into it.

I survived the Tuscaloosa tornado last year. The damn thing literally landed on my house. My dog and I were in the bathtub and it picked us up and flipped us out. I ended up about 50 yard from where the house was.byou can pull up the pics from the OC Chat Thread. I've got an 8 inch scar on my side under my arm and too many to count on my back. I can't remember how many stitches but my boys told me I looked like Jesus from The Passion. I've also got a good limp from breaking my kneecap in half. It took us 2 days to find my dog, but he came home with a Broken shoulder and a good cut on his face.

That's me in a few words. I just thought something like this might help us get to know each other a little better. In The OC we use this for banter and trash talk. And whatever else comes up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GDip

GDip Walk On

Julio Franco, now that was one hell of a batting stance and swing. And horrible to hear about the tornado. Sounds like a hell of an experience.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  3. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

my name is eric i went to Illinois state university. our school was 1aa so i didnt get used to tailgating too much. we were division 1 for basketball and known for doug collins going to school there as well as some other nfl part timers like laureet robinson of the jaguars and avion cason formerly of the cowboys and lions. we have about 3 or 4 guys in the cfl like kevin glenn. so i played semi pro football as i was too skinny for even 1aa. i was mostly a special teams guy (wedge breaker) but after learning how to run better routs and read a defense i actually was a starter my final season before breaking my shoulder sockett. i was a good not great player, good hands descent moves and smart but slow and skinny. i had one drive at qb and was sacked 3 times. the first play i got snot on my visor and couldnt see too well hehe. normaly a coach calls a run or short throw for a new qb... all go haha. anyways i have become a school teacher in the chicagoland area for at risk youth who are mostly just out of jail. so i get alot of big ten stuff around here. hate u of i. northwestern is the only area team and fitzgerald the coach went to high school with some of my fiends. as an ex wr i love to throw the ball around so northwesterns offense is fun. this having been said i never really picked up how to be a qb. as you guys know qb is the position that you need to be good at to be successful at this game. i am not a top player of this game but i tend to lose with dignity.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

My name is Mike, I went to the University of Iowa from 2007-2010 and I have been a lifelong Hawkeye fan. I am a huge college football fan along with college basketball. I went to school later in life as I was 29 when I graduated, but I was able to appreciate the college experience while not being your average broke college kid. I have been playing video games since the NES and was a Playstation guy until the 360 came out and I never went back. I understand the game of football well and use reads, motions and different looks as a part of my game. I love the psychological aspect of the game. I am married and have 3 beautiful children, so I don't get on the mic much (unless you like to hear kids yelling) but I can when I need to. I am a season ticket holder for Hawkeye football, so I am generally not available during Iowa home games. I look forward to playing all of you and your different styles and I hope to learn a thing or two.

5. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Hey everyone, name is Joe. Good to see this community being built here- always improves the quality of the dynasty/franchise. I'm a diehard Michigan Wolverine fan and have been since i was just a pup watching vhs tapes of desmond howard, the two-headed monster of Tyrone Wheatley
    and Tim Biakabatuka, the hard breaking losses and euphoric feeling of a victory over Ohio St.

I feel the love and hurt of Michigan sports as though i am an alum but actually grew up in small town midwest and attended school at a good FCS school where I played/started on the Dline for 5/2 years and also battled through a very bumpy rash of injuries during my time.
    They were definitely some of my most enjoyable years and i learned a ton about the game along the way. The strategy of football often times gets forgotten by the average fan who enjoys watching but that's a large part of what I enjoy about it.

My style of play on the game generally varies according to the team I'm playing as but with Tennessee I will work in a ton of 'I' formations with double Wide and hope to establish a balanced attack in their Pro style offense. As recruiting moves along I will probably attempt to move towards an offense that can spread out and run some QB option plays but otherwise I'm pretty traditional.

I usually enjoy the mic as much as the next guy but the default one is now broken and I chose to sell my turtle beach headset a few months ago.

6. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

let me tell you that it is a great offense. i played 3 practice games against the cpu with mixed results but never had as much trouble as i did with your team. it was like guys were just running free and i couldnt do anything about it. to make matters worse i couldnt stop your run even switched to the 4-4.

7. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Thanks Ruckus- It's funny because I was having just as much trouble with you're offense in the second half. You started putting together a couple of drives near the end that I could do very little about. And I was about to throw my controller because I still haven't grasped the timing of the 'Y' button on defense. My linebacker just seems to stand there as the ball goes right past him- hate that so much :mad:

8. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

i was frustrated the whole time till the second half. i only seem to get the ball moving in the second half. for a guy that lead his team in rushing,passing, and had 400 yrds in reviving last year... my qb seems to be having trouble. or i suck at this game one of the two

9. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

definitely don't suck in my opinion. He was best when you were using him to his strengths obviously. That opening play on the option made me think it was going to be a long day. And the quick passes were working well for the most part I just have a really good CB who made 2 nice interceptions that slowed you down.

I'd say keep sticking with that plan but occasional take a shot down the field because I was really moving to a cover 2 so there were times you could have gashed me had you taken a shot.

10. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

oh ok thanks! that has always been a problem of mine. im used to running short quick passing game

11. hornfaninbama

It's a little nerdy. But I love this kind of stuff. I can't wait to use Mizzous new unis in a game! Several schools have new ones coming and supposedly the ones EA missed will be free as DLC. Whether they step up to the plate and actually do it or not remains to be seen. And I apologize for the mobile links, but I'm on my phone.

Northwestern looks awesome, the one off Notre Dame ones make me want to puke. Maryland definitely improved their helmet. And it's kind of funny, at least to me that A&M and Miss State look virtually identical.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=8312659
    http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=8312730

I'll have some new and somewhat interesting content coming later tonight. It's taken me a while to pore over the rosters and find what I was looking for. But ESPN always does something similar towards the end of the season.

12. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

the northwestern ones are SUPER SICK! i hope that the sleeves with stripes will be in the game also. so cool gives me something too look forward to

13. hornfaninbama

Uniform store finally dropped last night. Mizzou's look pretty sweet. I believe Northwesterns are in there as well. Pretty cool of EA to get the updates out there.

14. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Ya i just downloaded them yesterday, Mizzou has some awesome ones but Rutgers is just ridiculous (I may be a closet scarlet knights fan now)

15. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

those unis sparked my victory over psu

16. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

My roommate does not like those new Northwestern unis but I think they are a good changeup. Not the usual under armour jerseys with alot of things going on, but something new that we haven't seen before.

17. hornfaninbama

Is there any other kind of Rutgers fan?
    I have Rutgers in another OD and can't wait to break out those chrome helmets.

18. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Haha probably not. that is actually a pretty hot program right now. their new coach is suppose to be a good one.

19. hornfaninbama

Question for those of y'all that have both... NBA2k13 or Madden.

It's been years since I played madden. I think the last one I had may have been Vince young's cover. I love 2k it's easily been my most played game for the past few years. Suggestions?