Ten Year War Update Friday 8/27/2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Ten Year War Update Friday 8/27/2010

State of the War stuff:

Well it’s been smooth but bumpy for the start of the second Ten Year War. Bumpy due to some scheduling issues, ie ply not checking the scheduling thread, or not posting. Smooth because no one’s bitching, and it seems like the small group of guys that have joined have been a good fit, willing to take part in a long term, laid back league.

AFC:
    Ouch, not sure what to do, down to two users with another one (bILL), still up in the air whether to flop down the money for the game. (I wish I could put Parrothead on auto-pilot so he could run his team until the patch comes out and maybe solves the freezing issue)

Now, I could actively go after people, drop the age limit, or let in people I wouldn’t normally let in to fill some spots, the issue with that is it creates a lot of turmoil, and drama. Of the two in the AFC I’d be willing to hear your thoughts.

My thoughts are the way it’s always been, I’d rather have 2 or3 good guys then 2 or 3 good guys surrounded by 5-6 question marks going in and out of a dynasty. Quality over quantity, stability over ups and downs, and marathon runners over sprinters.

NFC:
    Looks real good, seems like we’re all getting along and enjoying the league. The downside is that the Dallas owner disappeared after signing FAs that he wasn’t suppose to sign… oh well. Bright side is D is suppose to get the game towards the end of the month so Washington will be user controlled and we will return to having 2 users in the NFC East again.

Football Stuff:

AFC :
    Well with Parrothead’s impending drop due to freezing issue that now means 0 users stand alone at the top of their divisions, best user in the AFC is Clutch tied for the top of the AFC North.

AFC Playoff outlook:
    New England (4-0), Indy (3-1), Pitt (3-1), Baltimore (3-1), all have made great starts out of the gate, and should be able to turn that into playoff spots over the next 12 games. Oakland (4-0), I suspect will go down the toilet if/when Coach Parrothead leaves.

NFC:
    Only a cpu controlled Minnesota Vikings squad is undefeated in the NFC… and I’m actually assuming they won’ make the playoffs.

The NFC East is all 500 or worse, the Madden’10 Ten Year War Carolina dominated South… well we’ll just say that, that Panther squad is a lot different then the one Coach Psycho is attempting to win with now, and looks as if the dirty birds are going to be the dominant team in the South.

The West, Seattle has a slight edge over San Francisco due to a week 1 cpu sim, hopefully this one stays close through the season and we’ll see what happens in their week 14 mathcup.

Ahh, the North. Cpu Minnesota stands on top undefeated, with Chicago a half game back. Can a cpu team win a division with 3 users in it? I doubt it, but damn would I get a lot of chuckles out of writing about it.

NFC Playoff outlook :
    What I think are locks for the division are Atlanta and Chicago. The other “locks” I have to make the playoffs is New Orleans and if D comes back before it’s to late, I’d have the Redskins getting in as at least a wildcard.

Well, good first week in the books. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and hopefully we can dig up some more AFC guys.

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I don't expect much from San Fran in year 1. I knew I'd have to sim a large amount of games as my wife completed childbirth recovery. I don't mind though. By season 2 I should be in full form.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

You try playing against Favre and AP with the Lions defense and tell me that Minnesota won't stay atop the division haha. There was nothing I could do for the most part.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I shall destroy Favre

5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

My vote is for quality over quantity.

6. d19

d19 Walk On

Go Skins!

Psy- Ill keep you updated but it looks as though I will have the game mid to late Sept.

7. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I agree, quality over quantity, and I actually don't mind playing the CPU. Scheduling alot of user games would be overwhelming for me. I've only been able to play two of four games this season and that's probably about the ratio I see continuing for awhile with my schedule the way it is.

I'm still struggling with Madden this year and mastering the play, especially when going back and forth between NCAA and Madden. So far I hate the D pad controls for audibles, etc. I just can't seem to figure it out, but to be honest I haven't tried alot yet.

All that being said, it is pretty quiet around here, especially compared to my NCAA leagues.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Apparently my unintended strategy has been working very well, for some reason or another I have been too busy to play, and my Hawks are 3-1. I look forward to playing my first game this weekend hopefully against Chicago. If I lose I should just consider being the GM.

9. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

That's awesome, I already knew where Clutch was leaning.

If I got a shot at adding good guys I'll do it, but I'll keep being picky... of course that's not a guarantee bad users won't get in, just that I'll make sure they pass the first couple lines of defense before they make the league.

JC - I could only imagine what AP and Farve can do. Madden'10 Ten Year War they drafted Ace Garrison after Farve left, and they gave me scares everytime... and this was a Panther squad that ran through the playoffs facing 3 users and only gave up 17 points in all three games.

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Psycho, I'll be staying in as I mentioned in the game freezing thread. I'll take the sims if it freezes, as I'm not playing a game twice. If it does it during a user game, boot me and reinvite like you said. Don't want to waste people's time. Hopefully the patch fixes that junk for me...

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Everything looks good. I think were fine with just adding good guys

12. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

well, at least CPU Minny didn't win the division :)

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

WOW somehow in the last 2 weeks cutler got injured and is out for the season. What great timing just as the playoffs start