Tennesee 2014 Season

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, Jan 9, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Tennesee 2014 Season

The class that just left our University was one of the most decortated of all time.

Bryce Brown RB 99 ovr : All time NCAA leader in rush yards and Tds. Heisman winner, three time All American, two time NCAA title holder and three time SEC champion.

Marcus Jolley RT 99 ovr : Four year starter, two time All American, two time NCAA title holder and three time SEC champion.

Rae Sykes LDE 99 ovr : Three year starter and played some as a Freshman. All time NCAA leader in Sacks and TFL. Considering I never control a DE he accumulated all his stats on his own. Three time All American, Two time NCAA BCS title holder and three time SEC champ.

Honarable mention:

David Oku RB
    Lee Darby OLB

We also had a WR a CB, both S's both DT's and a RG who should be noted but I cant remember all the names off the top of my head. They were all senior starters and deserve to be mentioned here.

This was a great class of players that have moved on, add to that Fred Alexander who went pro after his Jr season and we have alot of new fresh faces playing this season.

With the changes come new challenges. Last season we mixed in a ton of young players when we could to get a feel for who could play and who plays above what you would expect from them.

At QB this season enter Ron Treangen a RS Soph who got to play alot last season in mop up duty and actually took over for Fred against Texas in our bowl game and finished up very well. Brian Simpson a RS Jr will also get a look, he has a nice arm but isnt very mobile and tends to be a bit scatter gun with his accuracy at times. He doesnt play up to his numbers.

At RB: Brad Dawson a clone of Brandon Jacobs and James Keys in the Oku mold will split duty until one seperates from the other this season. Right now I am leaning towards Keys as he has rare speed and agility along with a nice set of hands, but Dawson is huge and fast 92 sp.

At WR: Carlson tried to go pro but we were able to convince him to come back for this season which is huge, I would put him up against any other recruited player yet... he is a playmaker and comes through huge in user games. On the other side is Sean George a former #1 WR get for us who has made huge catches in his career. In the slot is McGee or Dingle who has been a slight dissapointment for his young career.

At T: Javon Washington a RS Sr takes over for Jolley at RT and LT Gavin Salas a back up RS Jr takes over.

At G: We have a mix of young players and this is a spot we have recruited well at landing several of the top interior lineman in each class..

At LDE : Former #1 DE prospect (insert name here) takes over for Sykes..

At OLB: #1 OLB true Soph takes over for Darby and Irons takes over on the ROLB spot, both players are big fast and strong and excellent cover and rush LBs.

At CB: We have so many good players here from recruiting well at this spot that starters have yet to be determained. Last year we played everyone as we were never happy with our coverage. One thing I know is Rusty Dorsey will not start this season.

At S: Carrington takes over as a RS Freshman at FS, he is a blend of size and speed with great leaping ability to go along with solid hands, abilty to cover and tackle and he has Ronnie Lott type hitting stats...he is impressive at 86 ovr..

at SS Anderson who sat out last season with a severe injury takes over size and speed and great cover skills bring this Jr into the light as a starter.

Many changes and question marks for this roster. The games and the way players play will determain who starts going forward.

Week one Bye week and Update

Tennesee gets two insta signings in week one.

A 5* guard and a 4* WR.

2. BRUCE80

Week 2 Oklahoma at Tennesee

The Tennesee starting D played very well pitching a shut out for two and a half quarters and out scoring the Sooners 14-0. Frosh FS Carrington is awesome, hard hits, bat downs and he caused a fumble.

Insert back ups and TDs start happening. The Oklahoma RB is pretty good, the qb has a noodle arm but seemed to find his spots against my back up Dbs.

On O we were decent in the air and lousy on the ground.

Simpson started well with 325 2tds and 1 pick
    Treangen 156 1 td and 1 pick

Keys got the most carries had the worst average 3.3 and 1 td
    Dawson pulled his usual crap good showing 3 tds 5 yds a pop and bruised rips sidelined his pussy azz for the game.
    The other rb isnt even worth mentioning...he stinks and i hate him.

Dingle 100+
    Carlson 86 yds saw about a half of playing time.
    Tucker 125 2tds

Overall a nice game and we win it 67-21.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

With those receivers...what the hell was "Sweet" Fred Alexander thinking when he left UT?????

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I know what a loser, he's playing in the fucking CFL right now. Or maybe Arena league.

5. BRUCE80

UF 20 @ UT 52

Ron Treangen gets the starts lasts one play and goes out.

Brian Simpson would play the rest of the way and net 234 yds and two tds and 1 pick.

Brad Dawson led the ground game with 63 yds and 1 td. All three Vols RBs scored 1 td.

Leroy Tucker had 3 grabs for 98 yds and 1 td

Carlson was a decoy for much of the game and netted 53 yards.

Sidenote here Dingle may have seen the field as a WR for the last time in his Jr Season, so tired of his drops that we inserted true freshman WR Mason for him and Mase had one grab for 31 yds.

Leroy Jenkins was the POG and had 9 tckles 4 four loss and 3 sacks, he also caused a fumble and recovered a fumble.

Jr SS Mike Anderson turned the game with back to back picks and then Florida just couldnt seem to hang onto the ball.

UT caused five fumbles and recovered 3 of them and we also had three picks and were plus five in turnovers.

Brad Dawson has won the RB job until he gets hurt, which he will.

Simpson will be the qb for now.

We had 5 recruits in to watch this game, lets hope it pays off.

GG Greg.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Tennessee keeps taking care of business. Offense sort of had the day off in this one. Good win.

7. BRUCE80

Illinois 0 @ Tennesee 48

The D was dominant today led by all world DE Leon Jenkins who had 6 tackles 3 for loss and 0 sacks???

We played every player on our roster outside of redshirts and are pleased to say we have some solid young depth. I am concerned with our DE future but we got a solid soft commit from a DE last week during the Florida visit and we will swap a OLB to DE next offseason. The hit rating means something as my two young S's are machines and provide good tackling with huge knock out hits on WRs and RBs. FS Carrington and SS Denman are both crushing hitters...gotta find a way to get Anderson and Denman on the field at the same time.

On O Brian Simpson has nailed down the starting spot at QB he was very solid in his two and a half qtrs of football racking up a 212 rating 260 yds and 3 tds with zero picks. Treangen was a failure tossing three bingos.

Brad Dawson led the ground attack in his first start, the Oline just seems to block better for him then anyone else...20 carries 116 yds 5.8 avr with 1 td. James Keys got his carries also but could only muster 62 yds and a 3.6 avr with 2 scores. He has 95 speed and cant get outside as DEs and DTs seem faster then him.. Wagner got three carries and was carted off the field after two of them.

Dingle had a bounce back game with 7 grabs for 125 and a score. Tucker was his usual solid performer with 69 yds and a score. Freshman TE Mason had 71 yds and a td. Carlson again went to the bench after getting dinged up and we take no chances with him in this type of game.

Dominating home win 48-0.

8. BRUCE80

Auburn 20 at Tennesee 40

The UT D shined again this week as our coverage was awesome.

We outgained the Tigers 172 to 8 on the ground and that was a key as we lost the turnover battle 2-1.

Auburn won the battle in the air 301 to 247 but we had a lead and he was forced to pass and we were able to run it at the end of the third qtr and all of the fourth qtr.

The game started off well for Auburn the first time as they had driven inside our ten but a disco short circuted that drive.

On the restart we were able to force a punt and a rare occurance in this game Sean George took the punt back 76 yds for a td on a great run. We had also killed a pick for us by running into Mike's wr on the route earlier in that drive.

Then we were able to notch a pick and a 73 yd td from Dingle gave us a 14-0 lead.

We would get another stop but then make a really bad read and toss a pick. Auburn wasted no time hitting a nice post route for a td. Again I was trying to manually cover it and couldnt make the play on the skinny post.

We would add a td on a ten yard td catch from Senior TE Tucker, Auburn would add two FGs and it looked to be a tight 21-13 game going to the half.

Auburn would get a little greedy after a punt was downed inside his five he would try a screen pass on the last play of the half and would get sacked by Jenkins for a safety and a 8 point lead was ten and a huge MO swing for UT.

We took the second half kickoff and marched down the field for a TD. The drive was mostly runs with Dawon punching it in. Dawson got hurt on the next drive after we stopped auburn and senior FB Smith would hammer in a short td and we were up 24.

37-13. We would add a FG and Auburn a late TD to bring the final to 40-20.

We would mainly run the ball the rest of the way and the ground and pound was very effective and balanced.

Dawson 63 yds 1 td, Keys 69 yds, Smith 43 yds 1 td. Bruised ribs would again sideline Dawson for the second time in four games. He needs a flack jacket or something.

Tucker, Dingle and George got it done in the air as we used Carlson again as a decoy with 1 grab for 2 yds.

This was a huge week for us as we had no choice but to schedule visits with players we need to land and were very nervous doing it. In total we brought in six players including #1 overall WR Perry Brooks while not a gamebreaker he is very solid.

UT wins it 40-20 and move to 4-0 on the year, 2-0 in SEC play.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

First of all, good win Rusty. Dawson... gets hurt every single game doesn't he!?

Is Carlson getting tired of being used as a decoy yet!?

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Can he be a decoy all year plz?

11. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I'm more interestd to learn why Tennessee is able to get pressure with 3 down linemen..... I evaded about another 7 sacks..... My offensive line is the best I've ever had and 3 guys consistantly beat 5..... Makes no sense!

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Had to post something cuz it wouldn't let me to page 2.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    juggs knows the answer to that...

then again he has Leon Jenkins who's a monster...

14. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I go 90,94,98,90, 95 across the Offensive line and they still gave up 9 sacks...... I would say only 2 were my fault....

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Big win for UT. Are the Vols 'back' already? I didn't know about Carlson until I saw his ratings in the 'best recruit' thread.

Good GOD is he an animal. Wish I had a decoy in that mold!

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

They just lost to Georgia....

17. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

ORLY? Didnt see the writeup. Guess the bullseye on UGA's back just got that much bigger! I hope they stay undefeated so I can crash the party in our late season clash.

18. BRUCE80

Very tough loss to UGA.

We outgained them on the ground and in the air, had ten more first downs and ten more minutes in TOP. The turnover battle was even.

We led and controlled the game for three qtrs. A fourth qtr kick return after we increased the lead to ten and a couple huge drops a missed FG, a pick return td and what seemed like a ton of bat downs at the line...we lose
    38-31.

Credit UGA big plays overcame my ground and pound this time.

We dont usually lose a game like this and that says something for the way the Bulldogs played.

GG Helli.

We lose 38-31 and drop to 4-1 and 2-1 in SEC play.

19. BRUCE80

Sadly our recruiting isnt going as planned.

QB = In a year with only one qb I really liked (He didnt return the love), tons of middle of the road guys like UT....Freakin great.

RB = Lost out on every decent back.

WR = A couple decent prospects left, signed an ok 4* possestion type. #1 guy lost to Bama.

T = Nothing on the horizon....could be reduced to scrambling for a few 3 * players.

DE = Held off JMS for the #2 prospect who looks like he could be an ok player. Signed a 4 star top ten guy but he only weighs 204 pounds...

We have signed a few guys at spots we werent desperate for, which adds nice depth.

20. BRUCE80

Ranked # 8 still getting no respect... We did lock up our #1 qb target cant remember his name who looks to be a decent prospect but alot like a QB already on the roster in Treangen, should be a bit faster and have a little better arm.

39-0 winners over Ole Miss.

Nice game from Simpson 2 tds and Dawson who had 99 yards.

The D was really good obviously.

We have bama this week.

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Will be watchin the Bama game if at all possible. you usually coerce him into playing it without a schedule though since you're a tricky bastid.

22. BRUCE80

Small recruiting update.

Secured a verbal commit from the 5* MLB and a 5* #1 overall C who is a stud as far as centers go in this game. He is big and strong with good speed and str ratings, those are hard to come by.

Lost the #2 DE prospect when Oklahoma stole him out from underneath us...unreal thought we had him locked up.

This makes us desperate at the position next year when we will have to move an OLB or MLB to DE, at this point it looks like Gold or Redd would move the DE with the other starting at ROLB as a senior.

The true freshman who weighs 204 pounds might have to play also.

23. BRUCE80

Alabama 7 @ Tennesseeeeeee 48

Game was played and discoed late 3rd qtr with UT leading 31-8.

Had to replay it against the cpu and the same Bama didnt show up, turnovers and being able to accomplish nothing on O hurt them bad.

Keys 167 yds n 2 tds.

Simpson had 300 yds plus and 4 tds.

Our D was great and was led by Carter who had two sacks. Dorsey and Anderson both had picks.

24. BRUCE80

UT 72 @ SC 18

This was a game where we came out fast n furious and hammered the SC team with our starters for a half.

We started mixing in back ups mid second qtr.

Before leaving the game Simpson put up 379 n 4tds.

Treagen getting his first extended playing time in awile tossed two tds in mop up duty.

Keys had a solid outing putting up 116 n 2 tds.
    Dawson and Wagner both got some carriers and hammered away at a tired and worn down SC D.

Dingle had 138 and Carlson put up 81 yds but had 3 td grabs. Back up TE Newton got some PT and showed explosive run after the catch ability taking a short pass running over a couple DBs and out running everyone else on a 57 yard thing of beauty.

ROBO Lb Tyler Perry is showing signs of life after a season and a half, he is really around the ball alot and after his pick and fumble return td game last week against Bama he follows that up with a 13 tackle effort today.

James Carter has two sacks in limited pt and Mr. Jenkins had one in only a qtr of PT.

RS Freshman Ken Bush saw extended time a DE and although he didnt sack the QB he got some really nice pressure and put the SC QB out of the game with a big hit. He did net 3 tackles and 1 tfl putting our mind at ease for DE starters next season, Bush and Carter should be solid DEs next year.

Our RS back up Kicker got to play also and went 3/3 on short FGs.

UT wins it going away 72-18.

25. BRUCE80

Week 10 2014 recruiting update

The DT I locked onto after Helli hosed me on the other one was finally locked up and B did me a favor for once.

He may only be a three star but he looks like a potential disruptive force..

Brandon Hunt DT 6'5 290 pounds C- sp, B str, C tkl, B power moves,C finess moves, C- agility for a big man thats impressive, B blk shed, B- pursuit and yes to counter some of Hellis newest BS...

C+ jumping...!

Big fast and strong...very pleased with this guy.

We are also tracking another nice DT in #3 overall Travis Duncan he gave his verbal commit to us this week...much like Hunt this kid is big and can move.

6'6 297 pounds C- sp, B- str, B- pwr moves, B- finess moves, C- agility, B block shedding, B- pursuit.

Overall a good week of recruiting for UT.