Tennessee Cowboys Up, Wins with Late TD Pass

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by joshwitt, Jul 23, 2011.

1. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

AP(Knoxville, TN) The Tennessee Volunteers eeked out a close win over soon-to-be-rival Oklahoma State in week 3. The Vols and Cowboys went back and forth for most of the game, but Tennessee's Tyler Bray connected with Da'Rick Rogers for a 63 yard go ahead touchdown with 43 seconds left in the game.

Tyler Bray finished the game 10-12 for 363 yards and 4 touchdowns, but the more important stats are his second half numbers, where he threw for 127 yards on 7 of 9 passing, completing the long touchdown to Da' Rick Rogers. Tauren Poole and Rajion Neal again combined for impressive numbers, with Poole running 24 times for 129 yards and Neal carrying 8 times for 88 yards and a touchdown.

Coach Josh Witt had this to say "What a game! I'm thinking their coach and I may just end up being rivals. We always have a great game when we play. Our offense played well tonight and that made the difference. We've got to figure a way to not give up so many dadgum yards next week against Florida."

The Volunteers will face Florida in the friendly confines of Neyland Stadium next Saturday. The Gators currently sit at #16 in the country.

--End of Transmission--

2. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

Once again, great game! I definetly think a rivalry has been born!