Tennessee Remains Undefeated; Upset Bulldogs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tothevictors56, Sep 5, 2012.

1. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

[​IMG]

It was a game with plenty of the SEC's best and very few mistakes. The undefeated Volunteers went in to the highly rated home of the Georgia Bulldogs and emerged victorious 27-21.

"We all knew this would be a fight to the end," soph HB Marlin Lane, "they had too many leaders on that team to let us come in and take this one without a contest." But take this one they did, led by another balanced offensive gameplan RB Marlin Lane controlled the ground game with 118 yards and 2 TD's off of 18 carries. Junior QB Tyler Bray added another 172 through the air before being knocked from the game mid way through the third quarter on a twisted ankle.

Georgia had balance of their own with rb Brandon Harton adding 90 yards on the ground with Aaron Murray throwing for over 200 yards including a long 67 yard stripe to receiver Malcom Mitchell. But with every blow the bulldogs would deliver the Volunteers would provide an answer, after the Mitchell TD Bray connected with Da'Rick Rogers on a 77 yard bomb down the sideline.

Next week the Volunteers will take on a tough test against Coach Jay and his well prepared set of Bulldogs of Mississippi State.

Key Stats:
    Tennessee

Tyler Bray 9-12 179 YDS 1 TD 1INT
    Marlin Lane 18CAR 118 YDS 2TD
    Da'Rick Rogers 5rec 138YDS TD

Georgia
    Aaron Murray 13-19 204 YDS TD
    Brandon Harton 18car 87YDS 2TD

• Like Like x 1
  2. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

Ok, now I'm officially an idiot for putting this in the wrong spot twice. I donno maybe this will spark some conversation around here :D

Danthraaxx I believe you are the only one left to play and we have a few more that have some recruiting time left. And Jay- when we advance I'll be playing you, can you play at all tomorrow or tonight if we advance?

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Nice win man. I hope you're still undefeated when I play you. I need another marquee win. Lol

4. tothevictors56

tothevictors56 Walk On

haha, i won't let you get it easy though! This SEC schedule is rugged..