TENNESSEE TITANS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Oct 27, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

3. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Coach Maniac looks to infuse life into the 4-8 Titans. He will be running Mike Munchak's playbook both offensively and defensively. Though Maniac's favorite team is the Packers, he says he always had a soft spot for Air Mcnair and Eddie George. "The way the Titans used to play defense with The Freak Jevon Kearse was amazing, I look to bring this team back to its defensive roots. Offensively obviously I'll be looking to feed CJ the rock a lot, but I believe that Jake possesses the skills for us to throw the ball when we need to. We have a solid young core offensively and I look forward to watching them progress with each game. Defensively we'll be running the 4-3 per usual, and I will look to add some defensive lineman in this years draft. I'm very happy to have this opportunity and the AFC South should look out for us, we plan on playing spoiler and killing some playoff hopes and dreams this year!"

• Like Like x 2
  4. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Coach Name: Ryan Maniac
    Offensive Playbook: Tennessee- Munchak
    Offensive Scheme: Establish the run and then throw
    Defensive Playbook: Tennessee- Munchak
    Defensive Scheme: 4-3

• Like Like x 1
  5. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Offseason of Turnover

Coach Maniac has decided that if you don't fit his schemes he won't renegotiate a new contract. After taking over the Titans for the last 4 games, Coach Maniac went 2-2, a record which he deems unacceptable. "It's simple if players don't fit the scheme then they won't want to play hard. I'm trying to foster a culture here where everyone wants to play hard. We want players that will play to the whistle here in Tennessee and we want players that fit our schemes".

Resigned Players:
    C Velasco
    LOLB Adkins

6. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Scheme update:

Offensive scheme: Balanced
    Defensive scheme: Attacking 4-3

• Like Like x 1
  7. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Titans Bring in Jared Allen

Jared Allen is now the toast of Nashville. Coach Maniac saw a way to bring in the aggressive DE and pair him opposite of star Kameron Wimbley and he jumped on it. "Jared Allen has a motor like no other at that position. He is aggressive every down, and mentally wears down his opponent. That is how I want this team to be. Physical and tough. He is the embodiment of that. You better believe #69 will be making plays for us all year."

In other news Kenny Britt was traded to San Francisco for a 3rd round draft pick. Coach Maniac is looking to add some young talent through the draft and felt the receiving corps was solid enough to deal Britt away. In an offseason of turnover it'll be interesting to see how this Titans team looks at the end of the offseason.

• Like Like x 1
  8. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Titans Draft Recap

Round One:
    DT Keith Malone Florida
    Key Attributes: STR 94, FMV 80, ACC 88

Not the position the Titans expected to draft but as Coach Maniac said "He fell into our lap, we loved him when we scouted him." Malone is currently third on the DT depth chart but expect him to see solid playtime this season as it is a 4-3 defense. The Titans wanted depth on the Dline and they got it in Malone.

Round Two:
    SS Dominique Hubert Oregon
    Key Attributes: POW 80, JMP 87, SPD 95

This was the desired pick of the second round for the Titans and they got their man. With Babineaux getting up there in age, the Titans were on the look out for a young safety who could replace him and Hubert fits that bill nicely. At 6'3" 217 look for Hubert to be a force of nature in the near future for the Titans.

Round Three:
    LG Luke Walker Iowa
    Key Attributes: IBL 86, RBK 78, STR 93

Luke was an excellent pick in a position of need for Tennessee. He will replace Steve Hutchinson sooner than later and the Titans hope he will be an anchor on their line for years to come.

MLB Artie Conley UCONN
    Key Attributes: TAK 81, BSH 75

Though not the MLB the Titans wanted, his drafting filled a position of need. He will back up free agent pick up Tyrone McKenzie. Conley is what Coach Maniac refers to as a WIP (work in progress). Hopefully Conley plays motivated in the preseason and earns his stripes.

Round Five
    WR Orville Hobby Oregon State
    Key Attributes: RTE 77, JMP 85, SPD 94

After trading Kenny Britt, the Titans wanted to draft another receiver. Hobby fit the mold of the receiver they wanted and might see some time in the slot this season. He will be the main KR and PR in the preseason and more than likely the regular season barring a bad performance.

Round Seven
    LE Rashard Johnson Valpraiso
    Key Attributes: FMV 88, PUR 87, SPD 81

Drafted to backup converted LE Kamerion Wimbley, Johnson is also a WIP. But with his speed and finesse moves Coach Maniac has more confidence in his development than he does in Conley's. "If Johnson comes in and puts forth the effort we can make him a premier DE in this league in a few years. But it's up to him, he has the tools."

Overall Coach Maniac seemed happy with this years draft and looks forward to seeing them get to work this upcoming season.

• Like Like x 3
  9. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Coach Maniac's Corner Week One

Each week I have decided to sit down and give my thoughts on the previous weeks game. To start with I was pretty disappointed in the defensive play. We stopped the run pretty well but the pass defense was atrocious. Michael Griffin stepped up and made a great play in the third quarter, which is what I have come to expect from him after being here for a few games. As the head coach I want to emphasize defense and we have to play better. If there is anything fans can look forward to its the fact that I will push the defense harder in practice. The lone bright spot I felt other than Griffin was MLB free agent pick up Mckenzie. He had 7 tackles and seemed to be all over the field. He has a high motor and I look forward to watching him progress this season. I would like to see Jared Allen get a sack next week against the Jaguars.

Moving on to the offense, Jake looked great out there. He threw one pick but he is still a young buck and I enjoy his enthusiasm. The passing game is a WIP for myself and Jake, I tend to want to pound the ball down teams throats with the run but with a young talent like Jake I gotta let him sling the rock sometimes. Kendall looked good at receiver and Jared Cook Jr continues to make a big play each game. Look for us to try and get Cook more involved. Chris Johnson was two yards shy of 100 and we plan to have him over 100 each week. Credit the Baltimore defense to slowing him down. Chris Ivory did good in his first real game in the Titans uniform. I like what he adds to the offense with his power running.

Special teams did their part today with Mariani running a kick back to the house that swung the momentum in our favor and kept us in the game. Though Orville Hobby will usually be our main return man look for Mariani to get more looks out there.

My player of the week is Chris Johnson, 19 carries for 98 yards and score is always a good game for a runningback. He made some great runs and look for him to be in the race for the rushing title this year.

• Like Like x 2
  10. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Allen a Titan Through End of Career

jared-allen.jpg

Jared Allen and the Titans came to an agreement on a 6 year deal for nearly $11 million a year. When asked why they resigned a DE for so much cash Coach Maniac responded "The man can ball. Period. I want someone wreaking havoc up front. With him and Wimbley locked up for years to come we have two that can create chaos. Jared is an agent of chaos. Anyone who has watched him play knows that."

11. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Coach's Corner For Weeks 2 and 3

This past week was hectic in my life, but never fear Coach Maniac delivers on his weekly Coach's Corner for every week in a special double edition. Before we delve in to my diagnosing my team's inefficiencies and few bright spots I would like to announce that owning a coffee maker that grinds your beans then brews them is the best thing since sliced bread.

Week 2 This week was a disaster. Thank goodness I don't have the film in front of me right now or I would spit up my coffee. To start off turnovers killed us. Before we even had a chance to get a drive started Chris Johnson fumbled and they scooped and scored. I know from that play on it was going to be a rough game, and boy was I right. Along with the CJ fumble, Jake Locker threw 2 picks and fumbled once, each of those directly leading to points. You can't win that way. I have to say I was tempted to start Matt in week 3 but Jake is still young so I'm not going to destroy his confidence that way. But let's just say his leash is short at the moment. Nate Washington was a huge disappointment this game. He dropped a few passes that were first downs on key third down plays and dropped one where he beat the defender and I am almost certain he would have scored. I have to say his targets will probably go down in the next few weeks. Kendall Wright looked great as always, had a nice touchdown reception. Other than CJ's big run the rushing attack was abysmal. At least he broke the hundred yard mark. Moving onto defense. I was really disappointed in them. First I include special teams on defense and that punt return was insane, there was zero tackling on it. Embarrassing. So many dropped interceptions that could have kept us in the game was definitely disappointing. They were able to throw on us like nobody's business. The rush defense was ok. We did a decent job keeping MJD out of their attack but he still was pretty efficient and that is not what I want to see. The defensive line play this season has been really disappointing. Thats all I have to say on this game. Disappointing.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  12. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Week 3

A win is a win so I'll take it. But overall I was disappointed again in our play. Chris Johnson got over 100 again and that is what we want to see with our offense. Locker once again had an interception but overall he looked better. If his play doesn't improve through the season the Titans maybe looking to draft a quarterback. Defensively Jared Allen finally got a sack, which we hope was the first of many. Look for Safety Dominique Hubert and DT Keith Malone to start get integrated into the defense and get more and more snaps each week. Hubert already has a pick on the season and I believe he has the tools to become an absolute beast. Malone is a behemoth of a man and I plan on exploiting his talents.

We play the Falcons in the Georgia Dome this week. I can't wait to play in that electric atmosphere and test our team against one of the top teams in the league. Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez what an offense. That defense of theirs has been forcing turnovers and playing great all year. It will be a good test for us. Go Titans.

13. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Coach's Corner

This is once again a 2 week summary as last week I decided to blow off the media. The past two weeks have brought us two more wins. The game in Atlanta showed that this time has some grit. We were down most of the game but we battled through it and won the game in OT. Being behind we had to throw more than pass it, but Chris Johnson came through when we needed it, busting a 65 yard run at the start of OT to put us in Bironas range. I love Jake but I just didn't want to take a chance at that moment so we fed Chris Ivory the ball a couple of times and kicked the field goal to go up 3. Then we held that electric offense to one first down and stopped them on 4th and 10 to clinch the game. I was impressed we showed that grit. This type of experience will help us down the road when games start to have playoff implications. It was not a perfect game but we battled back from adversity. The Tampa Bay game showed the league that we can play a complete game. We beat Tampa 26-3. The defense is what really impressed me. Wimbley had 4 sacks and was a force of nature in the game. We had 8 total sacks which was great. We didn't force a turnover but shut them down on third downs, not allowing a single conversion. That is what I like to see. We ran the rock really well, with Chris once again topping the 100 yard mark this time on 22 carries. We are trying to integrate free agent Chris Ivory more and more each week so his power style can compliment the speed and finesse of CJ. My biggest surprise this week was Jake Locker. He threw 3 TDs and 0 picks. He looked great. Nate Washington and Lavelle Hawkins were great as well. I feel we have a good amount of weapons offensively. Next up division rival Texans in Houston. We are going to take it to them and hopefully move to 5-1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Titans Resign Key Players:

LT Michael Roos (94 overall) 5 year deal
    WR Damian Williams (73 overall) 3 year deal

Both players came cheaper than anticipated and will contribute to an already strong roster.

15. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Coach's Corner Winning Streak Edition

wimbleyblog.jpg

As the season has progressed I have become so caught up with the goings on of our team that I have put off doing a Coach's Corner. I realize that it is a way for the fans to connect with their favorite players and hopefully favorite coach so I plan to do it weekly now. We are currently on an 11 game win streak which is tied with San Francisco as the highest streak in the league. A large part of our success is due to our dominant defensive line play as of late, led by Kamerion Wimbley who leads the league in sacks. He has become a force to be reckoned with, and with Jared Allen coming into his own we look to continue that success and strike fear into the hearts of our opponents. Look for Keith Malone to replace Sammie Hill in the starting lineup at defensive tackle as well. His talent is too much to give limited time to even if he is inexperienced. We look to finish the season with the first seed in the AFC and make teams come through Nashville to get to the Super Bowl.

Offensively Chris Johnson continues to be our spark, currently at the top of the league in rushing yards he can cause nightmares for opponents in the open field with his speed and agility and we will look to incorporate him more and more into the passing game as the playoffs near. Chris Ivory has been a great addition for us and look for him to get the ball more as well. He gives CJ a breather while his punishing running style keeps opponents on their toes. Jake Locker has continued to impress me with his accuracy and smart decision making as of late. With our receiving core and Jared Cook at tight end he definitely has the tools to be a top quarterback in the league. The biggest surprise for me of the season has been Orville Hobby. Drafted late he has been the returner all season and has recently come into his own. He ran one kick back recently and had another called back due to a phantom holding call. Look for him to get incorporated into the receiving game sooner than later as he is dynamite in a small package and will be a great tool for Jake.

This week we face the Colts who have Ray Rice and Andrew Luck. Our defense looks forward to the challenge of stopping this dual threat attack and our offense looks to continue to roll. Go Titans.

• Like Like x 1