Tennessee, Year 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JCspartan2, Oct 7, 2009.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Tennessee, Year 2

Tennessee took the field expected a tough battle today against a fired up Louisville squad on opening day. The Vols made sure it was anything but a battle.
    After scoring on their first drive with a 11 yard TD run from sophomore RB Bryce Brown, UL looked to respond with a long drive of their own, only to be stopped in the red zone and forced for settle for a FG. Turns out that was the most offense they would muster for the game. RB Alexander had a few big runs for the cardinals, but in the end Bryce Brown and the Vol defense were too much. The vols returned two ints for td's on back to back drives to put the game away in the 2nd quarter. True freshman QB Courtney Burton was 9-10 for 160 yards and 3 tds, but only attempted 3 passes in the 2nd half as the game was all but over.

On a sad note, #2 WR Denarious Moore was lost for the season during the 3rd quarter making a block.

Volunteers win, 52-10. Bring on the Gators.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

SEC in the house, nice win JC. I'll see you week 4.

3. Bighoff63

Bighoff63 VA is coming your way!

Good game JC, how fast is your QB? I want someone like that in a few years. The Cardinals are still farting Rocky Top. It was a total ass kicking, the Tennessee D-line will be a force to be recconed with this season.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha "the cardinals are still farting rocky top". I like that. Good game Bighoff, you had some bad luck with those two pick sixes. My QB has 86 speed, but I really try not to use it, he also is very accurate.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Tennessee went into the swamp and dominated the Gators. The score does not reflect how little of a game this was. In the 4th quarter in the last 3 minutes there were two fumble 6's for Florida that made the score respectable, but Burton for Tenn only had to attempt 4 passes in the 2nd half after the Vols built a huge lead in the first. It was another coasting 2nd half, with Bryce Brown simply running out the clock for the 2nd half.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Definitely the luckiest win I have ever had. Tennessee was unable to move the ball after the first drive, but thanks to their defense, the Tigers weren't able to take advantage. Going into the 4th quarter, the vols were down 7-16 and on the Vols first drive of the quarter, freshman QB Courtney Burton threw his third INT of the game to the LSU 5 yardline. On the ensuing possession, the Vols sacked the LSU qb in the endzone for a saftey, making it 9-16. The vols took advantage and drove down the field to score on a Bryce Brown run. Game was tied at 16. On LSU's next possession S Eric Berry intercepted an option pitch for 6. Vols up 23-16. LSU then moved the ball into Vol territory only to be sacked on back to back plays and forced into a long long 4th down. Tennessee somehow gets out of Baton Rouge with a win.

Good game Cole, I know you were upset by all the sacks, but trust me, it's not "abuse" of the aggressive dline option. I have a really really good and fast dline, ask bighoff. Besides, anyone can use the aggressive dline option if you want. I usually only use it on passing downs. Most of the time I control one of my dlineman, which accounts for a lot of the sacks or run stuffs. Your defense is incredibly fast, my receivers could not get open, I should have stuck with the running game as I had some good success with that.

Looking forward to next time.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

No its no big deal, dont remember what I said but I do know I was pissed at myself. ON the safety I was telling myself " youre up two scores, your defense is playing crazy, just run the ball and punt." Doh! As for the option I didnt real want to pitch it but I was focusing so much I actually pulled my whole body to left as I tried to juke with the QB and hit the god damn button. Doh!
    Good game man, your defense kept me kicking field goals in the red zone. Going to be tough to win games in the SEC this year.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha, i know the feeling when you accidentally push a button and your like "wait rewind!". I should not have won that game, but those stops in the redzone kept me in it. I didn't think anyone had a faster QB than me, but it looks like you do. Gonna be a fun few seasons.

9. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

What aggressive D line option are you guys talking about? Are we talking about reblitzing guys, manually moving guys around, slanting the lines, what? I am not quite clear on what is allowed and what is not.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The "gameplan" option to make your dline try to jump the snap

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Are any of the "aggressive" options for game planning allowed here in the East? I assumed all of those were banned across the TF families...

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

The game against the 9th ranked Georgia Bulldogs could not have started worse. Tennessee forced a Bulldog punt on the first series of the game, however on their next play, QB Courtney Burton ill advisedly threw a ball over the middle on the run for an INT, giving Georgia the ball on the Vol 40. Georgia took advantage and scored. On Tennesse's next drive, Burton scrambled for a first down, only to be knocked out for the game. Panic Time? Not so fast. Experienced backup QB Nick Stephens came in and put on a show. Georgia did a great job in stifling the Vol running game and RB Bryce Brown (who was also injured during the 2nd half), but Stephens took the Tennessee faithful on his back and willed his team to a win with a 3 td performance. The real hero for the Vol's was their talented veteran laden defense. They picked off the Bulldog QB 4 times during the game, and until the fourth quarter, held the bulldog's to 7 points.

This game may very well have been for the SEC championship as it was Jheb's only user game this season, and my 4th and final user game. I remain undefeated with only CPU games left.

My hat goes off to Jheb for playing a very realistic/sim game. It's always fun to play someone that actually tries to run the ball and keeps you guessing instead of coming out in shotgun formation every play. I look forward to playing you again Jheb.

In other news, Tennessee recieved a commitment from #1 Overall recruit, DT J. Benson, and are waiting to hear from their next top recruit, SS Tommy Triplett.