test franchise

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 22, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

test franchise

i learned a new trick. if you change the time on your ps3 by a hour, it will let you advance as quick as you want. so today i advanced, quit, changed time, started up, advanced, quit, repeat. lil bit of work, but it got us to offseason.

i didnt get to check it out, but log on and see what you can see guys. it looks like it does retirements right away and you can set your draft board and see the rookies. i guess the next advance is the actual draft and then who knows what after that. so i will advance through the draft later today and just kinda see how it goes.

2. natedawg212000

one thing i did not notice is if the players ratings had already been processed or not. i dont know how to figure that out or if its too late.

3. natedawg212000

reason this is important is because if player rating are changed (progression regression) then we can start our offseason free agents right away after the OMFLBowl. If not then we have to do draft first and see where this thing goes AFTER that.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'll hop on the test franny quick like and see if the numbers have changed. I know my Chiefs' overalls pretty well, so I can tell at a glance what is going on. I'll let you know here.

UPDATE: As of this point in our test franchise, Nate, the numbers are updated. I have a few players that did not change, but a few have gone up and down accordingly, so they DO update after the Super Bowl or whatever the last week in the season is.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Remember winuvas that Nate started this franny recently and used the latest roster updates so the ratings would be different on some players anyways. I checked the vikings roster but I am not sure if the changed numbers are from progression or roster update.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Actually these rosters are from the beginning. The rosters are the same stuff that we started with in OMFL. However, to take that into consideration, I did check a few guys that I picked up in OMFL franny that were free agents here, and they have gone up as well.

7. natedawg212000

ya, the update came before we started franny but if you remember just like when we started this franchise they 'online franchise' roster doesnt get updated with the online roster. not sure why they do that. i really wish it was more like ncaa set up where you could save online frannys and even start a franny with a offline franchise.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Give it a year or so. I do believe the first year they did online NCAA Dynasty you could not convert an offline dynasty to online and vice versa. It'll come, I'm sure.

9. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I went to the test site to look at the draft. I was in another league once and we had the same class after year 1. I am guessing that is the first one by default. I may be being dramatic here, but I think that we as board members should really not abuse the fact that we can scout these players right now. I felt like i was cheating looking at them because not everyone could yet. I really liked the thread on the chase for the #1 pick. Love threads like that one and award ones that I created. They seem to generate a lot of buzz and conversation. It was cool to see people that have bad records suddenly excited with the thought of having Jack English on their team. The thing that worries me is that I was looking at RB Joey Keller. I was amazed at his stats and was thinking how good he would look in purple. Then I looked at his injury rating and holy sh*t! He is off my list now. Is that unfair that I know that and let's say the Chiefs dont? Madden really needs to spend a lot of time randomizing these classes better. I do not understand how they could have thought that gamers wouldn't find this out.

10. natedawg212000

web, i dont feel bad at all. everyone will have plenty of time to check out the class before the draft.

11. natedawg212000

pretty sweet function i just found. we should do our draft completely online instead of on the madden franny. it has a chat function and updates and just looks really cool. maybe some of us could test it out today or one day this week?

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If we could do it after December 26th, that would be super. Let me know cause I would definitely try it out.

13. natedawg212000

i just done the 1st round by myself. cool function is you can pause the draft. i gotta get on the ps3 and see how to set the different settings. like it has a 3 second pick for any one who is not online to draft, which is good and fast and means guys need to set up their draft board. i didnt get to see how long i had though to make my pick. i'll get online and do the 2nd round to see how long it gives me to pick and repost.

14. natedawg212000

looks liek the oline and defense is flying off the board by the cpu who has no draft board set up

15. natedawg212000

gives you 15 seconds to draft and if you dont pick in that it picks for you. i drafted a qb in 1st round and it drafted a qb for me in the 2nd. so if you dont set up your draft board, your gonna get screwed. i think i like that because it forces guys to do their part, rewards those who do, and those who dont get the shaft. the one thing i dont like is everyone will need a draft board set up and be editing it as they go because of the 15 seconds. i am goign to see if that is adjustable. maybe you can get on the ps3 and on the laptop

16. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

15 seconds seems a little fast, but the pause could be a good tool to prevent missing picks.

17. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Nate, I used your method yesterday of adjusting the PS3 clock and advancing weeks. I am 100% sure that the player ratings went up as soon as the off-season began. I even compared the ratings that you have on your test franchise and the ones that I had on my test franchise . They were pretty consistent in terms of advancement. A point here and there, but they were changed.

18. natedawg212000

cool. that means we can knock out our offseason stuff while everyone studies the draft. i am going to get through the draft real quick and see. what i need to know is can players be released and signed while it sits on the draft, or do we need to do the draft first.

19. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Cool let me know. I love the off-season.

20. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Looking at the draft you are running and then the player ratings, it looks like the computer is drafting pretty well. That will be good for players that can't make the live draft.

21. natedawg212000

well guys who can't make the live draft can set up a draft board and get it to draft for you. i am going to do that for rounds 3 and 4. if your around hop on and lets test it

22. natedawg212000

1st - draft boards have to be set BEFORE the draft begins.
    2nd - i can set the time to 60 seconds max. sounds short but if everyone does their job it should go very well.
    3rd - the ps3 has a chat and so does the online website. they update immediately. its pretty nice.
    4th - you can released players during the draft (so i am guessing you can before the draft also) this is great so we can start our offseason right away
    5th - you can't sign players during the draft (not sure about before the draft because i didnt try it out.

i am going to get through the draft and see what it does.

23. natedawg212000

the website seems to be easier to follow, but both are pretty cool coming from the pc version.

24. natedawg212000

in rd 5..works nice

25. natedawg212000

the website shows 15 seconds per human pick, but it really 60. it just sits there after running out of time. plus your controller vibrates when its your pick so its a nice reminder if your doing other stuff