Test Games

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Please post all results here. Try to play as many as possible on Heisman and All-American. Give me stats and thoughts on CPU and user play. This will be our main tool on making sliders.

2. Hova

(me) Maryland 9
    Miami 6

FINAL OT

4 minutes, All American

This was just a quick game being my first. I really like the passing game but as you can see it was low scoring. I need to get used to offense. As for Miami they threw too many dumb INTs that killed alot of there drives. My passing was decent, running bad. My team does suck tho

3. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I am almost done with a Dynasty season with Duke and will post some stats from that and other thoughts tonight or tomorrow night.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

AA user games seem to play pretty well. I will give my opinion on Heisman after a play a couple games in the tournament.

Default AA against the computer is relatively easy.
    Default Heisman is more difficult, but annoying to play against.

5. Hova

I will try to play another tonight on heisman. We have to remember we will get progressively better while the CPU won't.

I heard there is a recruiting glitch for CPU? They are not offering schollies like they should?

6. Hova

7. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Been playing AA on my small OD with my brothers. My only issue is with the CPU automatically picking a defensive play that will stop your play or something that is completely wrong. On offense the CPU does not have a whole lot of play selection, I saw MSU try running the same hitch-route play 3x in-a-row... I would say play Heismen and tweek the sliders.

8. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

9. Wick36

Like I said at the beginning. I am more worried about the user games.

After 2 games into the tourney, I would say that on Heisman:
    • Offensive line run blocks a little better.
    • Defensive line pass rush is quite weak.
    • Coverage is better on Heisman.
    I am not sure which I prefer... right now I'd lean AA, but I have had a lack of sim games on that setting so it's a little tougher to see when the other team runs nanos and the same set of money plays every time.

10. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Suggested Sliders:
    Difficulty: Heismen
    Qrtr: 6-7
    Game Speed: Slow
    Threshold: 20

Rules
    Offsides: 80
    False Start: 80
    Holding: 50
    Facemask: 56
    O. PI: 100
    D. PI: 100
    KR/PR Inter: 100
    Clipping:
    Int Grounding 100
    Roughing Passer:55

Custom AI User/CPU
    QB Acc: 30/30
    Pass Block: 45/50
    WR Catch: 45/45
    RB Ability: 45/55
    Run Block: 55/50
    Pass Coverage: 45/45
    Pass Rush: 45/55
    Interception: 40/40
    Rush D: 50/50
    Tackling: 50/50
    FG Power: 45/45
    FG Acc: 40/40
    Punt Power: 45/45
    Punt Acc: 45/45
    Kickoff Power: 45/45

I have already played a view games, with these:
    Iowa (Me) vs Penn St : 23-16 ... sorry I quite the game before looking at stats...habbit. I am going to see how these do with a Spread team. Give'em a try, let me know :)

11. Hova

I played a user game on heisman. Played fine to me though I did throw alot of INTs. It was alot of fun

12. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I like these. Definitely going to be people losing CPU games this year

13. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Suggested Sliders: (2.0)Difficulty: Heismen
    Qrtr: 7
    Game Speed: Slow
    Threshold: 10

Rules
    Offsides: 85
    False Start: 59
    Holding: 49
    Facemask: 57
    O. PI: 100
    D. PI: 100
    KR/PR Inter: 100
    Clipping: 51
    Int Grounding 100
    Roughing Passer:54

Custom AI User/CPU
    QB Acc: 10/10
    Pass Block: 45/40
    WR Catch: 45/40
    RB Ability: 50/55
    Run Block: 45/50
    Pass Coverage: 25/20
    Pass Rush: 30/30
    Interception: 20/20
    Rush D: 20/20
    Tackling: 35/35
    FG Power: 40/45
    FG Acc: 40/40
    Punt Power: 45/45
    Punt Acc: 45/45
    Kickoff Power: 40/40

This is the second addition of sliders I have been tweaking. I've gone on sites such-as OS to create a more collaborative set of sliders. I cannot stress enough how nice it is playing on Heismen guys; Play a game on AA then Heismen, you will notice that the defense PLAYS DEFENSE on H difficulty, whereas in AA they magically come out in a defensive position to stop your initial play. I played ND(me) vs USC 24-20. USC disguised blitz, formation, etc. Give'em a try let me know how they work out :)

14. Hova

I usually dont tweak penalties, the random ones they call are annoying enough

15. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Well penalties are apart of the game, and this is a sim league...

16. Hova

Random isn't sim. Thats the last thing Im worried about. Cpu play is always the issue

17. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Playing 12 games without a single pass interference call, isn't sim. So, what is it that we are trying to do?

18. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

to be fair I have played a ton of games with it at 100 and still haven't seen it called

19. Hova

Year in and out they are broken. 0 and 100 show nearly no difference. Not a big enough one to make it an issue

20. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

the average mass consumer of this game is not "super sim" like us, so EA are not interested in having realistic penalties in the game -

I'm going to test these sliders tonight - but i will leave penalties alone

• Like Like x 1
  21. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

played a few halves against dif teams with my Mich ST- seemed OK - not a big fan of "slow" speed - my fastest players just dont feel like they have speed

-also felt like the CPU was blowing thru my o-line too fast and easy most of the time and that CPU ball carriers were breaking multiple tackles too frequently

-but overall if someone had told me it was Heisman default I would have believed them - hard to tell difference even with speed thresh

still testing

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  22. Wick36

Also (unlike real life), the penalties are pretty random. In real life, you usually see holding when a defender blows by a pass rusher or to keep a guy from making it outside to stop a run. Clipping on cutbacks. In the game, you see the backside TE hold on tosses to the other side of the field.

Pass interference only gets called when you user a guy and it impedes the progress of the computer guy. It doesn't really get called realistically.

With the false start slider, what results are you looking for? The computer starts jumping snaps as the game goes on. I usually get called for at least 1 false start a game. Teams don't get called for it a ton in real life... Heck, the last 3 years, OSU averaged 1.6 false starts a game, and they had the flinching machine JB Shugarts.

Also, as far is numbers go (if we're looking to get realistic penalty numbers, which I would rather we focus on actually playing the game and not RNG), the most penalized teams were penalized on 6% of their plays last year. The best teams in that category had 2%. Just something to look at for that.

Facemask might be good though to keep people from stripping every time.

-
    Looking at the sliders, I don't think I like them, but I will try them out.

23. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

That's all I ask. Penalties are not that big of a deal to me, sorry if it came off that way. My major concern is game play, like everyone else. Wick what is it that you do not initially like about the slider? Also if you try them out and something bugs you about them, make an adjustment. If you find that you like the adjustment, suggest it. Is there anyone playing games on AA?

• Like Like x 1
  24. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

my last tester half game the sliders felt fine - i ran a new offense and put the whammy slammy on Wake Forest as they visited #12 Ranked Michigan State 24-0 at the half

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  25. Wick36

Looking at them to start, the lowered pass rush and run blocking from both sides, plus the increased HB ability for CPU. And the lowered CPU accuracies.

Anyway... first game... I'm playing with 4 minute quarters... so everything can be close to doubled.

Washington - 28
    Penn State - 0

Washington
    Total Offense: 347
    Rushing: 20-38-0 (RBs: 15-47)
    Passing: 13/21 - 309 - 4
    Turnovers: 1 INT - 1 Fumble
    Sacks: 3
    (Notes: Seemed like there more instances than usual where offensive lineman would get near a defender and never engage. Several dropped picks. INT was an in where it was overthrown by 6-8 yards. 4 passes were dropped by Washington receivers.)

Penn state
    Total Offense: 46
    Rushing: 7-(-7)-0 (RBs: 3-11)
    Passing: 4/16 - 53 - 0
    Turnovers: 1 INT
    Sacks: 4
    (Notes: Bulk of passing yards on a jump ball in double coverage for 34 yards. Only 1 sack due to pressure. 1 was a glitched roll out play, other 2 were the QB being tackled at the line of scrimmage. The PSU running back would've had negative yards rushing, but he had a 15 yard run on a 3rd and 20. 2 Drops by PSU receivers. 1 possible pick dropped.)