Testing update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Testing update

All,

I'm going to start a new franny today with the roster update. I'll have new join information for you so we can try that out. I'm going to switch it up to All-Madden, 8 mins, no accel to see how that plays, especially with the CPU games. As always, please provide feedback.

A few more items for discussion

- We'll need to decide what to do with the offseason. From what I've gathered, there is NO ROOKIE SCOUTING. You will know what you are getting, which is rather disappointing.

- Along with that, the draft classes are all generated and the same (ie, not random classes like we are used to). Cheesy ass EA also put guys in there like Joe Wyoming (a Montana type guy), Boford Jackson, stupid shit like that. I have no idea how this stuff will play out but I'm REALLY disappointed to hear that. This OF is a gimmick, nothing more. We'll make it work though...

- We'll get the advance dates set so everyone will be aware. Right now, I'm thinking Sunday Night and Thursday night will be the days.

- Trading will be as it always is. We will allow for trading of draft picks, and the picks will be tracked on the site. Trades will still be voted on. When we hit the draft, you will pick for whoever owns your draft pick and I will move the players to the new teams once done.

- We need a plan for no-show opponents and simmed games. Since I no longer have control of simmed games, here's my proposal.

* If an opponent doesn't show or tells you he can't make it, I will temporarily remove them from the franny so their team becomes CPU controlled.
    * I will remove their starting QB if they bail on you, otherwise you will play their team at full strength.
    * Multiple instances of this will result in player penalties or removal from the league.

- Other thoughts?

2. gt86

gt86 Walk On

no rookie scouting go lord Ea you suck

it's in offline franny, is it that hard to take what offfline franchise has and put in online?

3. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Madden 2010 - $50

Play Station 3 - $400

Hearing Mags call Online Franchise a "Gimmick" - Dissapointing

If all this is going to be is play 2 games a week, and get you ass handed to you by someone who's fingers are just better at finding buttons, no salary cap, no rookie scouting...'08 sounds pretty good again.

4. scarface

scarface Walk On

YOU ALL VOTED FOR THIS, because '08 was lame.

WTF did you expect from a console? People cant seem to leave good enough alone.

5. Mags

Easy guys, we're just playing with the hand that's been dealt (even if it is 2-9 offsuit). I'm getting this info out so it doesn't come as a surprise and we can plan around things. The bottom line is that we have a new football game to play. We all knew we weren't going to have the functionality we've been accustomed to for the past 25 seasons, but it is what it is.

Let's get back to playing some football. :)

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya, thankfully the game is fun, but they done a poor job with online franny.

7. scarface

scarface Walk On

is that what we are here for? If I just wanted a game that plays great I would not care about online franchise.

8. gt86

gt86 Walk On

i just played scar on all madden for the first time. Scar said he quit trying because he didn't like the 3 wide sets to much. I actually thought i used many different formations I used 3 wide, 4 wide 2 wr sets 1 wr sets no wr sets but ohwell.

Anyway I was going to say I thought passing was a to easy for me on all madden but since scar didn't actually use the game to test out the game and quit trying then i can't say.

9. Stykman

Scar, let's not start a Holy War.

We all know '08 sucked, and this is MUCH better as far as playing. Mags has worked miracles before...He'll do it again.

10. natedawg212000

imo if it sucks that bad then don't play. I know its not perfect or even close to perfect, but its still one of the best maddens ever made.

11. scarface

scarface Walk On

My dear Nate I may not like the game but I like the guys in MEGA and that is what has kept me in this league more than gameplay more than online franchise.

This league is much more than madden and I am sure I will be here much longer than you and I will be in mega if we went to genesis madden.

and to play online is one thing to have online franchise and it be horrible is another.

12. scarface

scarface Walk On

I am just pointing out the facts nothing more/.

13. natedawg212000

ha! I can tell I've already made a new friend. (y)

14. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

Don't mind him Nate

Scar = League Ahole :D

15. bambam

bambam Walk On

well i played the CPU in a ALL Madden game....i saw crap that was nuts. Brandon Jacobs, yes he is big and tough to tackle. But, FUCK me, he drug 5 guys then dropped them and then ran and broke 2 more tackles. UH OH, its Christian Okoye on Tecmo Bowl. He has ran 3 TDs and all over 50 yards...not one run was he hit less than 7 times. That is stupid.

16. Stykman

Yea Nate...League Ahole is a Title he Relishes to have...and he lives up to it 5 out of 7 days a week.

Bam - if that's what B Jacobs does on All-Madden...I played Jax, and Jones-Drew did the same thing to me twice. And that was on All-Pro. Only he got to the endzone Faster than Jacobs would have.

Not "stupid"...Stoooopid. Anyone vote to "turn up" the D Tackling Slider???

17. Mags

Fair enough... I think we have some good feedback (both on Scar and All-Madden). :)

18. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

Maybe i am missing something, but i dont think going to all-madden is the way to go.
    for me All-Pro is fine, but again i dont know if i am missiong something, you guys didnt liked on all pro?

19. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

I played Christdan on all-madden settings and I also played in the new franny all-madden versus the CPU. I didn't see any of the things that you guys mentioned. Chris is the Giants and Brandon Jacobs had one bad-ass long run like he does just about any Sunday in the NFL. He broke outside, trucked a CB, stiffed arm a LB and went up the sidelines for about a 60yd TD. The rest of the game I (the lowly Rams) held him in check. Maybe a few 5 or 6 yd gains but nothing major.

I like all-madden settings. The defense plays better than all-pro IMO. On all-pro settings, passing is just way to easy especially. I say more testing is needed and whoever played with B. Jacobs or against B. Jacobs, i'd like to scrim those guys and test it out with them. I have a bruising back in S. Jackson for the Rams and so far I have a long run of 22 yds I think. But italso takes 3 guys to bring him down like it should. Just my 2 cents.

20. Mags

Once we get a few more All-Pro games in, I'll switch up the next week to be All Madden. We still have a little time to finalize it.

21. Kan

Kan Walk On

I've been playing scrim on all madden a lot lately and rushing on all madden is pretty close to impossible. You can rattle off a few decent runs here and there, but overall, i'd say no one has gotten over 70 yards rushing in any of the games i've played on all madden so far.

22. bambam

bambam Walk On

ALL MADDEN

Agreed. We played and neither of us could really get much of anything. My comment a few threads ago about Jacobs impossible to take down was against the CPU, if that makes a difference.

Passing in our game seemed good. There were some interception, but i couldnt tell if it was all bad passing or DB/LB just super defenders. Out of my 3 ints, 1 def. was a horrible pass.

Defense seemed pretty good. Tackling was good, there were a few stiff arms or broke tackles, but nothing that was stupid.

Special teams seemed pretty good. It seems as if the kickers leg on FGs are not that strong as kickoffs.

23. Mags

So, are you in favor of it or did you find All-Pro a better game?

24. Kan

Kan Walk On

I find All Pro a better game over all. Feels like the user has more control on All Pro.

25. Stykman

Coming from me, playing ther CPU on All-Pro was a good game. There were 2 INTs that were deflected passes. There were a couple good runs by CPU and myself. D was soft at times, and came up big at times. Seemed like a good flow.

I got a 21-7 lead, and wound up winning 24-21. So it wasn't too easy or too hard. I guess I will try All-Madden next, and see how that feels.