Texans Get Their Guys!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by obwhite, Jan 31, 2010.

1. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

Oct 8, 2009
    Texans Get Their Guys!

General Manager obwhiteo's first draft left them coming away happy as they were able to get both of thier targeted guys in the 1st and 2nd rounds...

1st round pick: CB Juwan Williams, a tremendous man corner that will fit perfectly in the scheme that the Texans run and give them much needed help in the secondary which was burned by division rival Colts last season.

2nd round pick: RT Chris Grant, Amazingly this stud was available mid way thru the 2nd round, something the Texans never thought they would be able to get. Sources say that the Saints also closely had their eyes on Grant but picked 2 spots later. This fills the most glaring need on the Texans roster, this gives them a stout, YOUNG O-line, that will help Steve Slaton find the holes needed to get to the second level where he is so dangerous!

3rd round pick: RB Domico Middlebrook. Middlebrook was the biggest back in the draft, pushing almost 240 lbs. His stiff arm and trucking made him a legend in college and hopefully will transfer into the NFL. The texans needed that power back that would be able to get them those short yards they need late in the game. They just weren't able to convert on some crucial 3rd and shorts last season and Middlebrook will help solve in that area.

4th round pick: MLB Artavious Kassemm, Kassemm will not see the field immediatley but he will become a solid backup to DeMeco Ryans and with the talent they have on defense this year, Defensive Cord. has been toying with the idea of switching to the 3-4 in certain games this year.. Kassemm was the best player available in the 4th and is quick enough and has the awareness that might actually see him on the field quite a bit this year.

overall draft grade: B+
    Needs filled: A-
  2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Oct 9, 2009
    Nice draft. I was surprised that Grant was still there too. I had him as my 12th best prospect. Would have definitely taken him with the 4th pick in the draft if Javon Jackson wasn't there.
  3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    Grant was MY guy. Freakin 2 picks before me. I was SICK to my stomach.