Texas (2-0) at Texas Tech (2-0)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Sep 10, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Texas (2-0) at Texas Tech (2-0)

C'mon, Bruce, play your Wyoming game already and then tell me when you want to throw down! ;)

2. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

i'm taking my daughter to her first UT football game tonight. will be back home tomorrow afternoon. you wanna play tomorrow night?

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This one should be a classic.

4. egofailure

Sure, how late can you go? I'd love to take in as much NFL as possible, so would after 11 (ET) work? If not, don't sweat it. Just give me the time, and I'll make it work. Can't wait. ;)

5. egofailure

Bruce, where you hiding? ;)

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If Bruce doesn't show by 10:30EST or so, he's going on auto. You'll be playing the CPU, or I'll advance at 12:30 - whichever comes first.

7. egofailure

AG, I'll be ready to play Bruce or the CPU at 10:30 AM. I prefer to keep it a user - user game, but I can't afford to have my game simmed.

8. egofailure

This was possibly the most painfully fun and agonizing back and forth game I've ever played. On two occasions when I started to get a little comfortable, Texas came back and smacked me in the mouth! I'll write an article either tonight or tomorrow, but here are some details:

- In UT's opening series, I made the perfect read as the FS and picked the ball off (first highlight). It was a thing of beauty! It lead to only a field goal, but after three stops of Texas in a row, I was up 13-0 and feeling good.

- And then? Wham! Texas put together a sick drive, going no-huddle and connecting through the air at will. A few missed tackles helped keep the drive alive until the real damage was done with an impressive touchdown pass. On my next possession, UT blitzed two from the left side, leaving the middle of the field wide open. I made the read, managed the throw, and ... yup, the safety jumped the ball and made the pick. Texas was right back in business!

- And just when I thought I was in trouble, my D' stepped up and grabbed the momentum back with a pick 6. On UT's very next possession, they gave the ball away again on a fumble, and soon after I was up 27-7.

- Things are looking good, right? That was until on a 3rd and 15, UT's Gilbert threw a perfect pass over double coverage (see third highlight) for the quick score, making it 27-14 right before the half. Texas was right back in business!

- On my first drive of the second half, I connected on another beautiful, deep pass to go up 34-14. Game over, right? Wrong!

- UT drove right down the field, and after a fumble on my end (see the fourth highlight), they found the endzone again, making the score 34-28.

- With the pressure on, I put together, perhaps, my best drive of the game, but couldn't get into the endzone after three rushing attempts from inside the five. I swallowed my pride and took the FG, going up 37-28.

- But Texas wouldn't go away! Through the passing game, they quickly made their way down the field and scored again on a diving catch on 4th and goal. Next up? The onside kick.

- And that's when TTU stepped up big, snagging the high kick out of the air and absorbing the hit without surrendering the ball. GAME OVER!